Selena is the new Britney

Selena's photoshoots and music remind me of Britney back in the day. 
Selena always says that Britney is her idol & the first person she's ever looked up to. She even did a Britney Medley on her tour back then. 

She's everywhere & dated Justin Bieber (like Britney dated Justin T)

Now Selena is on the cover of Vogue & the most followed person on Instagram. 
I feel like if this was 10-15 years earlier this would all be Britney. 

kcu9ubgj.png

8of4tk5w.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

You In danger. 

I love Selena though

I'm not saying she's better than Britney. To me Britney brings so much more to the table. 
Just saying that she's as popular as Britney was back in the day. Because Selena is everywhere right now. And Britney used to be everywhere. 
And besides all that: NO ONE TOPS Britney's dancing !!!!!

Just now, OopsOverprotected said:

I'm not saying she's better than Britney. To me Britney brings so much more to the table. 
Just saying that she's as popular as Britney was back in the day. Because Selena is everywhere right now. And Britney used to be everywhere. 

I disagree I think Taylor fame wise is what Britney was. Selena isn't as huge as her 

10 minutes ago, button said:

Delete this

Seriously.

I like Selena - she's good for some bops, and I give her credit for always singing live despite her shortcomings - but she doesn't have any of Britney's talent or charisma.  This comparison needs to ******* die already.  

36 minutes ago, DirtyMind said:

Seriously.

I like Selena - she's good for some bops, and I give her credit for always singing live despite her shortcomings - but she doesn't have any of Britney's talent or charisma.  This comparison needs to ******* die already.  

THIS

:byebitch:

Though she seems like a sweet girl, I feel Selena does not have enough talent to be seriously regarded as an artist. She just seems to create fun, harmless pop without much creative and skilled involvement. I would call her the new JLo (because she might go on to make a similar movie career for herself) but she cannot rival Jennifer's abilities as a dancer.

Taylor Swift comes closest to being regarded as the new Britney. She's got the blonde, all-American girl image that Britney was known for. They both released their debut at around the same age. Like Britney's standout talent was her dancing, Taylor's standout talent is her songwriting. 1989 catapulted her into an insane level of media presence and she's always had the GP interested in her personal life.  I believe even Madonna called her the new Princess of pop or something along those lines. 

No individual artist from the 2010s has reached Britney's prime in an all rounded manner. It has a lot to do with the dilution of fame (no single person on top of the industry the way Michael Jackson was) and how trends come and go much faster than they used to. I think if you create a pop girl who's a mix of Taylor and Beyonce (and maybe Rihanna), you'd have someone who can equal Primeney.

1 hour ago, OopsOverprotected said:

Selena's photoshoots and music remind me of Britney back in the day. 
Selena always says that Britney is her idol & the first person she's ever looked up to. She even did a Britney Medley on her tour back then. 

She's everywhere & dated Justin Bieber (like Britney dated Justin T)

Now Selena is on the cover of Vogue & the most followed person on Instagram. 
I feel like if this was 10-15 years earlier this would all be Britney. 

kcu9ubgj.png

8of4tk5w.jpg

Yasss, Selena is indeed my younger Brit, she's amazingly talented, mature and an inspiration to many. I dont know/care bout numbers or fame, but when I listen to her last album I feel shes as vulnerable, humble and sweet as Brit, something most current pop idols lack... thats maybe why brit herself looks up to her and her music so... :crying1:

Archived