What Is Britney's Worst Lead Single?

Nando.

WORST LEAD  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

What exactly is Britney then? Generic Max + Luke beats with predictable structure and disposable lyrics? That phase of her career has run it's course. We have enough of that to enjoy in her discography.

Glory isn't the first time Britney has dabbled with R&B influences. Britney is a cross-pop artist. Let's not try to pigeonhole her into doing a certain style of dance pop for the rest of her career.

She's been there, done that. It's time to keep moving, not go back just for the sake of having a quick radio hit so the gays can scream YAAS SLAY THE CHARTS.

If Britney doesn't evolve into a more mature style of pop, her artistry is never going to be given the credibility it deserves.

She's too old for ageist pop radio now. They have Ariana and Selena. Time to deal with it y'all, we're heading into Madonna territory.

You act like Make Me isn't generic and another song about *** with a cheap rap feature  :quirkney: it's not a groundbreaking or innovative song in any way and was radio-chasing more than some of you will admit. Does nothing for Britney 's "artistry". Especially if she won't sing slow songs live. In fact, the opposite happens and she looks like even more of a joke.

4 hours ago, Pleasure You said:

Agree tbh. :nyheadache:

Work ***** it's not good at all. The lyrics, the vocals, the production... :nyheadache::nyheadache::nyheadache:

gurl, the lyrics on WB are great imo :byebitch:

12 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Me Against The Music. I love the song, it's very cool and she sounds great next to Madonna. But for me it fell a bit flat when compared to her 3 previous lead singles. It was missing the POP for me. Good song though, but I feel like they only chose it because Madonna was on it. 

agree 100%

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

You act like Make Me isn't generic and another song about *** with a cheap rap feature  :quirkney: it's not a groundbreaking or innovative song in any way and was radio-chasing more than some of you will admit. Does nothing for Britney 's "artistry". Especially if she won't sing slow songs live. In fact, the opposite happens and she looks like even more of a joke.

I never said anything about the song being innovative or game changing?

However, it's a great change of pace from the dance pop she's been pushing out since her comeback.

And yes, it does add to Britney's resumé. BURNS is a fresh producer and it's always paid off for Britney to work with new faces rather than keep going back to her usuals (B&A being the only exception).

Archived