What Is Britney's Worst Lead Single?

Nando.

WORST LEAD  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Work *****', it sounds cheap, i love it? yes, but after getting to listen it for the 100th time, is not a song 'easy' for the ears, is a song that has to grow on you to be considered 'catchy', i remember how most of people here hated it, but after the MV was released, everyone 'suddenly' changed their minds (:drinky: get that reference?). 

Definitely Work *****. It's hardly even Britney, its dated, has no actual chorus.. It's kind of a mess. Close 2nd? HIAM (sorry, not sorry), and Make Me. I like Make Me, and I even think its a hit with the right formula, but there's nothing "lead" single about it. Even MATM has more lead single appeal :forkit:

Also, people voting Gimme More, Baby, Oops, and Slave? GTFO tbh :byebitch:

I voted in Make Me although I like the song, but now comparing the lead singles to each other I see that song I never hear is Hold It Against Me :woopsie: even though it was # 1. It was a song that worked well at the time when it came out but of all the lead singles is the one I never hear, so I choose Hold It Against Me.

If I don't think about anything BUT the actual songs (i.e. disregard everything from how iconic and successful they were, the music videos, performances, promo etc.) I'd rank them like this:

1. Oops! I Did It Again

2. Gimme More

3. Baby One More Time

4. Womanizer

5. Slave

6. Make Me

7. Hold It Against Me

8. Work *****

9. Me Against The Music

If I'd take into account the music videos, performances and everything else surrounding the respective first singles, I'd rank them like this:

1. Baby One More Time (it's what catapulted her to immediate stardom so yeah pretty obvious)

2. Slave (My All-Time Fave music video of hers; the VMA performance, how hot she looked etc., def. earns 2nd place)

3. Oops! I Did It Again (Huge momentum, great video, she looks gorgeous, awesome performances)

4. Gimme More (one of my all-time favorite songs of hers; still think a remastered/remixed version of Break The Ice would have been a better first single but it became more iconic than BTI could have ever become probably so I'm glad they used it as first single; video/performances .. well we all know how that one went)

5. Womanizer (beginning of her first real comeback... great lead, instantly catchy, toxic 2, she looked gorgeous etc.)

6. Me Against The music (don't like the song; but I liked the fact that it came after her VMA kiss with Madonna, had a bangin video and her performances of MATM remain some of the best of her whole career (ABC ITZ special etc.)

6. Work ***** (great video, great choreography for the performances, probably one of the best choreographed numbers at POM)

7. Hold It Against Me (I loved the choreo during FF tour; didn't care for the video much at first but I love the symbolism of it now)

8. Make Me (The song is one of her all-time best; but everything around it was a mess - the video, the choreo... she looked banging, I just don't know why her team didn't execute this properly...It's really a shame what they did to that song and its hit potential)

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

You know whats funny? People voted for slave but no one voted for womanizer and i think thats second to make me as worst lead single

I voted Womanizer. I remember hearing the premiere on the radio and thought :watrusayin: oh that was cute.

4 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Me Against The Music. I love the song, it's very cool and she sounds great next to Madonna. But for me it fell a bit flat when compared to her 3 previous lead singles. It was missing the POP for me. Good song though, but I feel like they only chose it because Madonna was on it. 

Archived