"That's not me on stage"

naturalplayboy

I forget what interview but Britney said that recently and it hurt my feelings. lol. Do you think the separation between Britney the performer and Britney the person affects the publics view of her? I know that she's smarter for trying to separate that after everything's she's been through.

but a line like that's not me on stage is like then who is that? It takes away from Britney the artist doing something she's passionate about. 

Idk thoughts?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
2 minutes ago, nevermind said:

yeah, i dont like it either... makes her look less sincere about what she does, if that makes sense :lostney:

but of course she is not all this in real life, her songs can be way more than she is in real life. she would really have to make a yuuuuge effort to connect all the songs to her own life all the time.

33 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

I forget what interview but Britney said that recently and it hurt my feelings. lol. Do you think the separation between Britney the performer and Britney the person affects the publics view of her? I know that she's smarter for trying to separate that after everything's she's been through.

but a line like that's not me on stage is like then who is that? It takes away from Britney the artist doing something she's passionate about. 

Idk thoughts?

Who the **** cares if the public has a problem with that? She is not a robot and her purpose in life is not to please people's demands to not hurt their feelings. 

Do you prefer Britney hurting her own feelings to make the public happy? She is a human being, being an artist is a profession is not her identity.

• Content Curators

She has been saying that for years though.

She said she's quiet and shy in person, but when she got on stage to dance, she became a different person.

'Britney *****' is sort of her persona when she's on stage.

Why would it hurt your persona? Many pop stars create a different persona when they are performing. Lady Gaga had that man persona. Beyonce had Sasha Fierce. Nicki Minaj had Roman Zolanski.

40 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

What she meant to say (we all know britney doesn't articulate her words well) is that she's not this giant sultry *** pot in real life, she's just a normal southern who enjoys playing that role on stage!!

This, unfortunately she lets other people's opinions affect her which has affected her confidence

But she's always said that. Back in 2001 when interviewers asked her if it's a struggle for her to be a rolemodel for young girls, and that girls wanted to be hot and **** like her, she said that when she gets on stage, it's her time to put on a show and wear **** clothes but when she get's off stage she basically puts on sweats and wears her hair in a bun. It's actually a  healthy response and it makes her more relatable to the gp, so don't worry. :snapney:

I get what you mean. People in here talk about old quotes and the fact that she always said that but it feels different now. She never said she wasnt being herself on stage, only that it was kind of the right time to be that britney. Then in recent years she said its not me up there and it kinda felt like she doesnt like it. Its a let down. I know what you mean

5 hours ago, Invitation said:

She has been saying that for years though.

She said she's quiet and shy in person, but when she got on stage to dance, she became a different person.

'Britney *****' is sort of her persona when she's on stage.

Why would it hurt your persona? Many pop stars create a different persona when they are performing. Lady Gaga had that man persona. Beyonce had Sasha Fierce. Nicki Minaj had Roman Zolanski.

Forget Gaga's man persona, "Lady Gaga" herself is literally the stage persona for Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, the latter of whom I'm sure doesn't wear meat dresses during her time off. It's very natural (and probably healthy and even adaptive) for entertainers to take on a role. It actually can become very destructive when you can't separate the two (e.g., Heath Ledger as the Joker). 

11 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

and that was just the beginning...I'll never understand how she can handle all the hate 

She was always remarkably thick-skinned and mature for her age. Most teenagers this age (or 70-year-old presidents with Twitter) are crippled by insecurity even with regard to the most trivial of things, while she, at age 18, was able to take on criticism from the entire world without seemingly losing any sleep over it. I know she never was fond of being called a role-model, but I think she always was (and continues to be) an incredibly positive role model, and a particularly authentic one, which rarely exists among celebrities.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

She was always remarkably thick-skinned and mature for her age. Most teenagers this age (or 70-year-old presidents with Twitter) are crippled by insecurity even with regard to the most trivial of things, while she, at age 18, was able to take on criticism from the entire world without seemingly losing any sleep over it. I know she never was fond of being called a role-model, but I think she always was (and continues to be) an incredibly positive role model, and a particularly authentic one, which rarely exists among celebrities.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This makes her even more respectable and it's what I aspire to be like one day. I mean I myself already don't really care what people think about me either but Britney is just on a whole other level. It amazes me how much of a strong person she is and it's one of the many things that makes her so lovable :)

Archived