"Britney Spears Is Still Trapped By the Stigma of Her Breakdown" : please READ THIS, It's WORTH IT!

Oxic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, car said:

It's cause shes' letting others define her mental health and not owning her own message. She could become an advocate, an inspiration, and a powerhouse by talking about it. 

This is what Ive been waiting for! Come out...tell the world youre bipolar, have mutiple personality disorder, schizophrenia...whatever it is you have and own it. Use your story and your celebrity to advocate and help others through community involvement/volunteer work and donations to the organization(s) that represent the people that have the same illness you do. Open your mouth, and get involved to continue the self healing...and to own your story, so that it may never be used against you again. 

beautiful article.... we did it to her ... she was only human ... protecting herself ... and people called her crazy? i am still mad that nobody stood by her but her parents..thats sad!  .. media should apologize to her with one big article like this one! People magazine cover and they should talk about her post 2007 accomplishments

and we still judge every move she does ... her makeup.... her moves ..her face... everything ... we do not let her to be ordinary woman..mom who sometimes doesnt care what she wears or what kind of makeup she puts on

5 hours ago, car said:

It's cause shes' letting others define her mental health and not owning her own message. She could become an advocate, an inspiration, and a powerhouse by talking about it. 

I mean I get that but people also need to get off her back for god sake. Maybe she just wants to be ******* normal and hang w her stud bf, cute funny kids, and dance in lingerie confidently cause she can. I don't like that las part- it's making her sound like a victim, girlie is just living her life and in a genuinely good place

Britney was perfection personified.

Every girl wanted to be Britney and every guy wanted to have Britney.

All our hopes and dreams were in Britney and when the facade of perfection cracked it all came crashing down.

Our egos couldn't handle it and we turned on her. We lashed out at her because it was easier to bring her down than deal with our own insecurities.

A hero one day, a villain the next. It's either or, black or white, no in between. That's the sad reality of the duality of life.

Britney Spears paid the price to pacify our own fears.

1 hour ago, EarlyMorning said:

and we still judge every move she does ... her makeup.... her moves ..her face... everything ... we do not let her to be ordinary woman..mom who sometimes doesnt care what she wears or what kind of makeup she puts on

Well, that's something that comes with what they do, Britney and any other "celebrity".

For me, criticizing a live performance, a red carpet appearance, a photoshoot isn't any different than criticizing a movie, a song or a play or a painting. Imagine if critics couldn't honestly review a movie in order to not offend the feelings of the people that created it, or the actors, or the crew, etc. I do agree it's not OK to bash people, and it's really hard to separate the human being from this public persona they create, and for me, people like Britney Spears, which are more than just a voice, a big part of what they do is their image. Onstage, at the red carpet, on a music video, etc. What they do with their private lives, shouldn't be of our concern, but everything else they do, as public figures, is naturally gonna be put under scrutiny, because that's what they do.

Again, it's really hard to separate the two entities, because in our case, we can't help but to be in love with Britney the human as well. Criticizing her because of the lipsync, or nowadays for her moves, or the kind of music she does, that's ok, because that's her job, and it's something that comes with it.  But the moment she started to get judged because of her relationships, or her abilities as a mom were put into question, or the things she shopped at the store, etc, that's when the world really went too far. We didn't have the right to violate her privacy like that. That isn't part of being an artist, or a celebrity. I mean, in practice it is, but it shouldn't.

At the end of the day the music industry is just that, an industry. It's a business and everyone needs a niche. Britney's niche used to be that she was one of the most electrifying live performers, she was so seductive, and her beauty was unparalleled by Madonna, Xtina, Simpson, P!nk, Bey etc.

She is and always will be stunning, and an electrifying live performer. However, most new girls these days are all of these things and maybe more.

Britney's niche is and always will be mental health. Beyonce advocates feminism, Madonna advocates feminism, Demi advocates fat rights (:selenerz:).

Britney's best weapon is advocating mental health. It may sound sick, but at the end of the day the industry is a business, and Britney could change societies opinions on mental health sufferers for the good :hugs:

Quick question:

Had she never actually shaved her head, how much different would her life be today ? I mean what if EVERYTHING else happened the way it did, but she hadn't shaved her head, so that this immensely dramatic image of her had never existed.

I think it might even be possible there wouldn't be a conservatorship. If she hadn't shaved her head, her breakdown would not have looked that bad. Like, people would think she had an addiction, or a depression, or was behaving erratic, like so many other celebrities did at some point, but you wouldn't be able to make someone actually believe there was a true mental illness if she hadn't done something that looked so crazy. In that way it would be impossible to justify a conservatorship even ten years later.

8 hours ago, Nando. said:

Its very powerful but at the same time kinda distorting. Saying we want her in her lingerie to know shes ok again is blowing it out of proportion. What we want is her being confident again, and because we only saw her being confident before "in lingerie" we expect that. But I bet that if she did a whole acoustic concert very confident about herself people would stop picking on her and she would be ok as well.

yes agree!!!!!!!! I don't deseire her in those stupid skimy outfits. I want her to be REALLY empowered and have the confidence she once did...sadly though I think that day will never come.

The problem is Britney always has had a love/hate relationship with the media more hate than love and many of her contemporaries  even after seeing her fall and breakdown couldn't forgive her rise and tremendous peak of her career because they were strangely jealous the level of her success and her stardom was above of theirs, this tired and annoyanced a lot of people in the industry and began to hate her since many of them considered themselves more talented in musical term than britney and couldnt understand why she was such phenomenon in that magnitude, remember britney back then used to sell albums like adele, win awards like taylor  be a sick media obsession even worse than beyonka today and we were a big  fanbase like the beliebers, her performances were another level. Britney polarized everything and her contemporaries and media couldn't handle when ********* began trash her the media many people felt it was time to get revenge and when she went through her breakdown they went to the jugular something absurd because britney is one of the most down to earth people in the industry and never used trash to anyone but Jealousy is very bad energy that's what said zoe saldana in her interview but with more appropriate words.

Archived