Did Britney Have Any Bad Performances Pre 2007?

December02

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NO, the Stronger performance of the DWAD is super boring, not bad but really boring, and that outfit as well as Anticipating, looked like something Cunty childish Purry would perform these days :squintney:

... and I guess there must be other not so good performances but the difference is that we didn't have smartphones and social media to post this type of material as easy as now, so we used to see only the professional shoots and we thought it was always like that. Now with HD cameras and tools like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and so on we can easily follow every step of a tour without missing any detail, it was impossible back then. The OHT in Miami for example, at the end (the credits) you can see different dates of that tour and she doesn't look as good as the official one

1 minute ago, car said:

there were so many old school performances especially during BOMT- where she just kinda stands there..

In most of them she's singing live....that's why I think lipsynching is the best thing for her. she isn't basic like many current singers because of that. I prefer a show and being entertained. demetria and others make award shows ******* boring and forgettable

10 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

In most of them she's singing live....that's why I think lipsynching is the best thing for her. she isn't basic like many current singers because of that. I prefer a show and being entertained. demetria and others make award shows ******* boring and forgettable

that's true. she IS signing in a lot of those (although there are a few early ones where she's not..but thats more the exception). 

if only britney would go j.lo styles, and have pre-recorded vocals. sighs 

6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

NO, the Stronger performance of the DWAD is super boring, not bad but really boring, and that outfit as well as Anticipating, looked like something Cunty childish Purry would perform these days :squintney:

... and I guess there must be other not so good performances but the difference is that we didn't have smartphones and social media to post this type of material as easy as now, so we used to see only the professional shoots and we thought it was always like that. Now with HD cameras and tools like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and so on we can easily follow every step of a tour without missing any detail, it was impossible back then. The OHT in Miami for example, at the end (the credits) you can see different dates of that tour and she doesn't look as good as the official one

That Stronger performance is flawless. :nothavingit:

I do agree Anticipating is very childish and I always wondered why she despised songs like Cinderella and Bombastic Love, which have a so much more powerful vibe, and yet she did something like Anticipating with that stage and the introductory video and everything. It's still nowhere near to being a bad performance though.

It's also true we don't have a record of every single performance from that time, so we can't know for sure. But I'm very confident that even in her worst date she couldn't have been as bad as in 2007 or the worst performances post 2007.

7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

and this is one of the reasons britney 2000-2004 is so overrated :forkit:

the only one i remember actually being BAD bad was when she did Not A Girl on this ABC Family show called Playback (or something which is ironic lol). it was 2001 or 2001 and it was basically just a 30 min interview with Britney with LITTLE KIDS (ugh) in the audience and they showed some of her videos. then she "performed" Not A Girl - she just sat there and it was totally lipped (she was actually singing live on most of the promo performances for this song).

I always loved every performance I saw 1998-2004. Maybe some boring ones but I honestly saw her as an amazing, genius pop star. She always had a start, middle and ending--like a proper story except she did it in a short performance. She was the best even in her first tour when she was still honing her craft.

Archived