Did Britney Have Any Bad Performances Pre 2007?

December02

7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

NO, the Stronger performance of the DWAD is super boring, not bad but really boring, and that outfit as well as Anticipating, looked like something Cunty childish Purry would perform these days :squintney:

... and I guess there must be other not so good performances but the difference is that we didn't have smartphones and social media to post this type of material as easy as now, so we used to see only the professional shoots and we thought it was always like that. Now with HD cameras and tools like Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and so on we can easily follow every step of a tour without missing any detail, it was impossible back then. The OHT in Miami for example, at the end (the credits) you can see different dates of that tour and she doesn't look as good as the official one

this

she wasnt obviously slaying every single dwad date like she did for the special, she even half ***** slave on the special

now we can post footage of EVERY show she does and obviously sometimes she slay and sometimes she isnt feeling it and thats human and perfectly fine

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

the only one i remember actually being BAD bad was when she did Not A Girl on this ABC Family show called Playback (or something which is ironic lol). it was 2001 or 2001 and it was basically just a 30 min interview with Britney with LITTLE KIDS (ugh) in the audience and they showed some of her videos. then she "performed" Not A Girl - she just sat there and it was totally lipped (she was actually singing live on most of the promo performances for this song).

:weirdmeout: Maybe she was sick or something...

3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That Stronger performance is flawless. :nothavingit:

I do agree Anticipating is very childish and I always wondered why she despised songs like Cinderella and Bombastic Love, which have a so much more powerful vibe, and yet she did something like Anticipating with that stage and the introductory video and everything. It's still nowhere near to being a bad performance though.

It's also true we don't have a record of every single performance from that time, so we can't know for sure. But I'm very confident that even in her worst date she couldn't have been as bad as in 2007 or the worst performances post 2007.

I always skip that part when I watch the concert, it's kind of annoying, not bad but just, meh. But yeah, I give you that point, I guess that even a bad performance of Primeney would be much better than a bad one of Currentney for sure, no doubt about that. :donewithit:

3 hours ago, Oxic said:

and this is one of the reasons britney 2000-2004 is so overrated :forkit:

She is not overrated ofc. I just made an assumption about why we see the old Britney as a better version of the current Britney but come on man, 1 or 2 average performances are ok and acceptable when she slayed every award stage, abroad promotion, talk shows and so on... unlike nowadays when it is the opposite, 1 or 2 great performances against countless predictable and average performances. 

10 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

That Stronger performance is flawless. :nothavingit:

I do agree Anticipating is very childish and I always wondered why she despised songs like Cinderella and Bombastic Love, which have a so much more powerful vibe, and yet she did something like Anticipating with that stage and the introductory video and everything. It's still nowhere near to being a bad performance though.

It's also true we don't have a record of every single performance from that time, so we can't know for sure. But I'm very confident that even in her worst date she couldn't have been as bad as in 2007 or the worst performances post 2007.

Anticipating is girly, fun and quirky. It's the "Lace and leather" or "Brave new girl" off the Britney album. 

Of course, if she didn't then she wouldn't be human. As someone said, in those days there were no social media so we only got the best footage. 

Britney also tends to put more effort in award shows and specials compared to tour shows (Currentney even did that at BBMAs and VMAs compared to Vegas), and most of the performances we have are from award shows and specials etc.

Archived