I don't understand why there won't be a third single

Michaelgiftos

I just don't get it. Lots of singers have albums that flopped but they still got 3 singles and videos. Gwen Stefani had 3 from her album last year, Janet had 3 from unbreakable, JLO had 3 from AKA, Demi had 3 from confident. I just don't get why since Britney's album and second single flopped the whole era is cancelled. Is RCA just really that shitty or is Britney and her team lazy af I don't even know what to believe. But i don't understand that because the album didn't sell well and the second single flopped the whole era is cancelled. 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's RCA honestly, I mean Jive continued to release singles even if they flopped I mean look at the Britney era Slave 27, Overprotected 89, NAGNYAW failed to chart, Boys failed to chart. I do however think Do Somethin' was only released internationally because MP failed to chart in the US, but that wasn't a studio album so oh well!  It's actually really stupid for them to just stop because the more you put out the more likely something will stick and become a hit, plus it makes the album and era look like a massive flop when MM didn't flop and Glory didn't flop as hard as they're making it seem! I mean Mariah released 4 singles from her last album and 3 of them flopped miserably and her album bombed hard. RCA is just cheap as **** and don't want to pay for more videos, Jive invested in her no matter what. 

12 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It's RCA honestly, I mean Jive continued to release singles even if they flopped I mean look at the Britney era Slave 27, Overprotected 89, NAGNYAW failed to chart, Boys failed to chart. I do however think Do Somethin' was only released internationally because MP failed to chart in the US, but that wasn't a studio album so oh well!  It's actually really stupid for them to just stop because the more you put out the more likely something will stick and become a hit, plus it makes the album and era look like a massive flop when MM didn't flop and Glory didn't flop as hard as they're making it seem! I mean Mariah released 4 singles from her last album and 3 of them flopped miserably and her album bombed hard. RCA is just cheap as **** and don't want to pay for more videos, Jive invested in her no matter what. 

This. She needs to leave RCA and go to another label.

I mean honestly: there's no point. The album was #3, the lead single was #17, SP is whatever terrible # it peaked at... Britney doesn't promote so it's not like single 3 would stand a chance anyway. Plus, there aren't any songs on Glory that I can see being real hits. They're more worried about selling Vegas than anything else.

1 hour ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Maybe because, technically, they have already paid for 3 videos? :messbye: Nevah forget the Red Glitter ******* Gate! :crying1:

They are honestly probably focusing on the next album and so is Britney.  I honestly think Glory is the first album Britney fully got to do almost on her own and was something she needed to get out and prove a point mostly to herself that she is still free. 

Im pretty sure she will be back to fierce pop madness for her next era she hasn't been herself until recently anyway. 

Archived