We need to focus on streaming on the next era

Artsy Fartsy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is that accurate? that's unfair in my opinion, i know streaming has become the biggest form of consumption but to make sales count even less is wrong. sales will always hold some level of importance and not everybody is a streaming artist. in fact, streaming seems to favor males in general. poor pop girls! in any case, streaming is the one thing fans can't really impact. the public either want to hear said song or they don't. :plzexplain:

4 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

is that accurate? that's unfair in my opinion, i know streaming has become the biggest form of consumption but to make sales count even less is wrong. sales will always hold some level of importance and not everybody is a streaming artist. in fact, streaming seems to favor males in general. poor pop girls! in any case, streaming is the one thing fans can't really impact. the public either want to hear said song or they don't. :plzexplain:

actually I don't know if this is completely true  :lostney:  I think the most streamed albums are by females (I remember DW, Revival, Thank You and Anti being on that list)

28 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

actually I don't know if this is completely true  :lostney:  I think the most streamed albums are by females (I remember DW, Revival, Thank You and Anti being on that list)

well if you look at the current top 50 on Spotify in the US...only 11 of the songs in the top 50 have a female on the track, that's including features and whatnot. and it's usually always that way. of course there are exceptions. ariana, rihanna, sia, adele, and taylor (well, before she took her music off spotify) do great in regard to streaming. Selena did too this past era, but that's about it. i can't really say many other females are streaming forces. well, bey probably would be if she released her music on all streaming platforms as well but yeah. still a small number compared to how many males do well by comparison. thank you definitely isn't one of the most steamed albums on Spotify.

17 minutes ago, -ididitagain- said:

well if you look at the current top 50 on Spotify in the US...only 11 of the songs in the top 50 have a female on the track, that's including features and whatnot. and it's usually always that way. of course there are exceptions. ariana, rihanna, sia, adele, and taylor (well, before she took her music off spotify) do very well in regard to streaming. Selena did too this past era, but that's about it. i can't really say many other females are streaming forces. well, bey probably would be if she released her music on all streaming platforms as well but yeah. still a small number compared to how many males do well by comparison. thank you definitely isn't one of the most steamed albums on Spotify.

it is because of "No" and "Me Too" :meltdown: they have like 400 million plays on Spotify each

33 minutes ago, Lonely-*** said:

I miss the physical era. When album sales mattered, when tv shows released their seasons on DVD...

:crying1:

I can understand why people would prefer streaming (even I stream) but the feeling of walking into a store and buying the CD yourself and OWNING it is completely different tbh.

1 hour ago, Borja said:

That's what we said with Glory and... well. :mhm:

We had the critics, we had some promo, we had an amazing album, we had hopes, and we did our job very well. However, general public isn't there to stream anything.

Lol so true, I remember before Glory everyone here was saying the same about how important was to stream the songs to get better numbers and we know what happened at the end...

Sadly we can only do so much, the rest is on her :sassybrit: Also the GP ain't here for Britney like they did before.

1 hour ago, Borja said:

That's what we said with Glory and... well. :mhm:

We had the critics, we had some promo, we had an amazing album, we had hopes, and we did our job very well. However, general public isn't there to stream anything.

Talking about it and doing it are two different things. :yeaok:

The main reason why "Glory" didn't perform as well as we expected to is bad timing and Vegas. No one, except fans and people who care about music, knew that she released new album. I remember seeing some articles about her first single off "Glory" called "Slumber Party" when music video for "Slumber Party" was released. The same scenario happend with BJ too, except we didn't even bother to inform people about album for obvious reasons. Her team is obviously focused on promoting Vegas rather than her music. As long as she stays in Vegas, I'm affraid that situation will be pretty much the same. :yeahsure:

We need to build good strategy for B10 including newest rules for charting high on Hot 100 tbh. :mhm:

on us? lol no. it's on britney and her team to get the gp interested in her music again so they can actually buy it and stream it. britney can start by actually singing, bc if she keeps going the way she is now, her career will be completely over. 

Archived