What is the truth behind the Britney-Jive discussion about Original Doll?

Rachel Green

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, britneysslumberparty said:

How do you know that was specifically for an album called the Original Doll? What Im saying is the project when they started writing and recording was called OD. Through the process, they decided to change it to Blackout. It's all the same project, OD was just the beginning idea. 

It not the same project at all, she began writing and recording TOD in 2004 she even said she was half way done with the album and to expect it in the Summer of 2005. She didn't start work on Blackout material until 2006 when she was pregnant with Jayden. They were 2 separate projects hence why after Jive nixed TOD she ended up releasing Mona Lisa and Someday......if they were for Blackout she would've just kept them and not released them in 2005.  

I really don't think that it was random talk about an album called "The Original Doll" - I think Britney had plans in her mind on changing her career path. She felt under control and wanted to break free. That day she went to KIIS studios, that was like saying "screw you all, I'm gonna do whatever I want to.". 

Blackout was a whole other project and started much later. They only released "Mona Lisa" on her greatest hits album, just so no one thinks it's weird that Britney played it on KIIS. 

Something was going on... 

many reasons: record label didn't approve..why? too rebellious possibly. Mona Lisa is outing the evils of the entertainment industry which some call the illuminati. Using people for money, money, money in all the wrong ways. Using her as a Pinocchio basically, a hot, ****, beautiful dancing and singing doll. A happy, clubbing, **** or heartbroken clown. Cashing in. Britney was done with the industry in 2004-2005 but the record companies saw how crazy the media still was about her. I mean, no music, two pregnancies, kids and still being talked about more then the singers topping the charts in 2004-2006...that's why they forced her to do the VMAs in 2007--as if she wanted to do that herself. Not to mention Circus--as if she wanted that too. It's all about the money, not the music. If it was about the art, the music...it would be free!

15 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

Except there is material that she recorded for the project that is completely separate from the material she did for Blackout, examples include Mona Lisa, Someday, Peep Show, Ouch, Money Love And Happiness etc.  

She worked on those for ITZ, around the time she did I've Just Begun.

Original Doll was a working title for what she was recording at that time, which ended up being Blackout. It's not a whole scrapped album.

If Original Doll was an scrapped album, then we would had an scrapped Femme Fatale and an scrapped Britney Jean, since the versions that we have were not what they first worked on. Same hapenned to Pretty World/early Glory sessions.

5 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Original Doll was a working title for what she was recording at that time, which ended up being Blackout. It's not a whole scrapped album.

If Original Doll was an scrapped album, then we would had an scrapped Femme Fatale and an scrapped Britney Jean, since the versions that we have were not what they first worked on. Same hapenned to Pretty World/early Glory sessions.

You know what's weird tho? Britney basically confirmed an album for 2005 called Original Doll. If all these songs were for Blackout then 1. why was Mona Lisa not on Blackout? and 2. why did they say they never planned an album called Original Doll? That's just a lie. 
Britney secretly went to KIIS studios. She had plans. She wanted to do something with it and had a purpose in saying the things she said. 

We don't know if it was for certain as it's purely rumours/speculation but as far as i'm aware, apparently Jive were not very happy with her that she had go on that radio station unannounced to play a rough demo of an unreleased track and tease it as from an upcoming album, they also denied the album was called 'The Original Doll' and said Britney had only started recording or something like that dismissing what she said about it coming out in the spring of 2005 or whatever.

It's also rumoured the album got cancelled due to her pregnancy but we don't know for sure. I think it's a combination of both that caused the album to be cancelled and maybe Jive not being happy with some of the material she had recorded as well.

15 hours ago, Phonography423 said:

Did she ever confirm the Original Doll title tho? Because the only thing I ever heard was that she was working on something then she had kids, had a breakdown then Blackout came. That was probably just an idea that fans made up a whole novel of just to confuse people. I highly doubt there's some secret album hiding somewhere and we have almost 10 studio albums anyway. Not all of her music is gonna see the light of day and fans need to accept that.

You think every song Michael Jackson recorded is gonna be put out?

She did on the same interview with that radio station she premeried Mona Lisa on.

3 hours ago, CJMCH said:

She did not work on Mona Lisa and Someday during the ITZ sessions

TOD was not the same situation as what you mentioned at all, Britney literally talked about it as if the project was half way completed and slated for a 2005 release......it's not like she was experimenting without a time frame like what you mentioned plus had the material from TOD just been early sessions for Blackout she wouldn't have released some of it she would've just kept it. 

Britney had half of an album completed and Jive didn't know anything about it which pissed them off and they put a stop to it, I'm not really sure why some of you think that's so impossible. 

Plus JR confirmed that recording for Blackout started in March 2006 way after the whole OD blow out 

On 1/23/2017 at 5:05 AM, Mainshow said:

Who cares whether "Original Doll" had been  a vague idea of Britney's when she experimented and recorded behind the back of Jive or not.. Or if it was an actual potential album.

I'm still mad at her team that we haven't got an "Original Doll" album yet. They could have come up with milking some money from us by just releasing a 12 tracked album on digital retailers or giving us a "box set" consisting of a new studio album and OD as a "bonus". I mean, we already have most of the songs from that period. It's so effing sad and outrageous and frustrating that those songs never had the chance to be heard by fans in HQ. - They just need to gather songs like "Someday", "Mona Lisa", "Chaotic", "Over To You Now" together, polish the productions of songs we already have like "Guilty", "Get It", "Ouch", "Money, Love and Happiness", release the official album version of "And Then We Kiss" & add "Take Off" & "Rebellion" to this project and I am sure that everyone of us would pay 12 $ more for an album (either digital or part of a box set). 

This way, we fans could live happily ever after, Britney's music gets heard and they can earn some bugs by releasing songs we "basically" already have/own.

A mastered version of all the songs listed in this post would make us so happy, we need a new GH from her including a CD just for her demos. This would be a dream come true 

I think Original Doll was probably a working title for an album, but it might not have been official. Some artists often have 'working titles' for albums which are later changed. There were definitely plans for an album or last an EP between ITZ and Blackout, as songs like Mona Lisa, Ouch, Someday (or was that just meant as a standalone single?), Money Love Happiness, Welcome To Me, Conscious etc. prove. Those songs were definitely not recorded for Blackout and I don't think they were from the ITZ sessions either, but I don't know when they were recorded. Chaotic was an ITZ leftover and so was Guilty. Get It was an unfinished demo and Peep Show only ever partially leaked. I think it was rumoured at the time that Mona Lisa was meant to be the first single.

On 1/23/2017 at 0:27 PM, CJMCH said:

We do have a scrapped Femme Fatale though. :orangu:

Don't you remember the reports of her wanting to go more urban and when she first started working with Ester Dean, she requested to have the song "Drop It Low"?

Same goes for Britney Jean. In 2012 she was heading to studios working with urban artists and producers such as Wiz Khalifa, Scoop DeVille, Naughty Boy, Hit-Boy, Alex da Kid, etc. Thier styles are far different than our finished EDM product.

Original Doll was something that Britney was working on while touring but none of those sessions translated over into 2006 when she began working on Blackout.

At the end of the year when she was going out with Paris and Lindsay she posted a note on her website to the fans apologizing for her messy behavior and confirmed she had begun working on a new album, which were the early sessions of Blackout.

Any work on her Original Doll concept was nixed by 2005.

2 hours ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

I think Original Doll was probably a working title for an album, but it might not have been official. Some artists often have 'working titles' for albums which are later changed. There were definitely plans for an album or last an EP between ITZ and Blackout, as songs like Mona Lisa, Ouch, Someday (or was that just meant as a standalone single?), Money Love Happiness, Welcome To Me, Conscious etc. prove. Those songs were definitely not recorded for Blackout and I don't think they were from the ITZ sessions either, but I don't know when they were recorded. Chaotic was an ITZ leftover and so was Guilty. Get It was an unfinished demo and Peep Show only ever partially leaked. I think it was rumoured at the time that Mona Lisa was meant to be the first single.

MLH was actually for ITZ. RedOne confirmed the demo was recorded in 2003 but they never completed the song.

Archived