What is the truth behind the Britney-Jive discussion about Original Doll?

Rachel Green

16 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

Yes i still want her xmas cd

I wonder how many tracks she had recorded before it was scrapped, I remember the person who talked about it in the Billboard article saying he had heard several demos and that they were quite good. I also wonder if anyone still has them or if they are lost forever whether deleted/thrown out or what not. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/1/2017 at 3:13 PM, Rachel Green said:

I know this has been discussed thousands of times in here but I still have a few doubts about this topic.

Everyone says Britney was really mad at her label back in 2004 when she started recording what would have become Original Doll because they didn't let her have as much freedom or creative control as she wanted to but... Is that really the reason Original Doll didn't happen? I mean she had been very hands on for In The Zone and had experimented and released  what she wanted. What was different this time around then? I think the album was scrapped because she got pregnant and she was not ready to release an album in 2005 or early 2006.

What was Britney and Jive issues about?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/britney-spears-original-doll-secret-history-lost-album :cutesybrit:

Archived