Both of the singles flopped hard...

kutayuysaler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ALLEYESONUS said:

I kinda agree with that both songs def underperformed. Hell tMake Me was performed at the VMAs yet didn't even manage to do something on the charts.

Is it too early to say Slumber Party is a flop or can it be a sleeper hit?

Make Me actually went from 30 something to 17 again the week after she performed at the vmas sooo it did something. If only they planned better

They have chosen, when every single fan from here wanted Slumber Party to save the era. 

I think Tinashe wasn't a good idea, i liked her but if they wanted to attract younger aundiences, girls like Ariana or Selena could be better options. 

About Make Me, was a bad idea to have Geazy with Britney, we need her ALONE, not featuring. 

They're blind, it's stupid to think  some ONE HIT WONDER singers could pull Britney to the top. 

Just look how iconic Work ***** has become, it's because there's no feat. on it. 

29 minutes ago, Kamikazee said:

Preach it sis!!! :queenriri:

Although "hipster" and "artsy" exhalers are gonna drag you for "being basic". :quirkney:

What can I say, I think like a basic ***** when it comes to Britney making $$$

You just have to listen to the songs on the radio today and compare it to the songs on Glory. Even Better would be a good choice, even though it's not a dance banger it's similar to a lot of hit songs today.

On 9 January 2017 at 7:43 PM, ALLEYESONUS said:

I kinda agree with that both songs def underperformed. Hell tMake Me was performed at the VMAs yet didn't even manage to do something on the charts.

Is it too early to say Slumber Party is a flop or can it be a sleeper hit?

Didn't manage to do something on the charts? This is a joke right? Because given the circumstances it did very well and is considered a moderate hit for the fact it hit the top 20 twice, sold over 700k in 2016, did great on iTunes on its release and after the vmas and was doing good on radio. The momentum was lost because the team had literally zero strategy and it didn't manage to go higher. To say it did nothing on the charts though just makes you sound like an idiot. Oh and by the way, a 1 minute 30 ish performance of a song that no one mentioned was new or was just out was obviously not going to make it explode instantly. Also, maybe you haven't realised, but an award show appearance only helps - it doesn't take care of everything and keep the track going and going. Efforts need to be made and when a business venture shows tremendous promise like Make Me did, you should be focused on it because if 700 thousand people like it enough to buy it with such little exposure you will find a lot more will too. 

Well to be honest, she deserves to be flopping for all the tragic marketing regardless on what single she has been releasing. Britney herself and her team need a wake up call that her brand is dead and burried. They need to work hard for successful era or heck even a single.:slayney:

From scrapped mv, promoting featured artists, lacklustre performances, watered down choreo, 3 years old vegas show promo instead of her latest album promos, crazy long gap between first and second single... etc, yeah... even Rihanna might flop with that messy marketing.:queenriri:

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 9:30 PM, RussianFan said:

Except make me didn't flop hard. It's a moderate hit. It was even included in the top 100 of most played songs on Iheart stations in 2016. 

On Monday, January 09, 2017 at 9:38 PM, I'mSoCurious said:

Make Me did well considering the video. It made the top 20 and had some sort of longevity. Slumber Party is doing just fine on the radio, not the charts :queenriri:

On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Oxic said:

not with the original make me video, i swear to god :mj:

19 hours ago, Thurafatale9 said:

Make Me is the best of the whole album and it's a masterpiece! Also, it did OK.

Exactly!

Despite the mv fiasco it did really well. With it Im kinda sure it would have been a top 10 hit at least.

54 minutes ago, Nova Terra said:

stop kidding yourselves that they chose the wrong songs. whichever songs they chose they would've flopped simply because of Britney not being as relevant anymore as she used to be. if she were Katy or Taylor, she would've had #1 hits whichever song off Glory she released.

she would have been relevant again with the Make Me video :sassybrit:

Archived