Britney Needs to Bring this Outfit Back!

MikeMasi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David. said:

no

why do britney fans always do that

i dont see madonna fans asking for her to bring old outfits back, that just happens among this fanbase

There is a simple explenation: She has a Greatest Hits show. In Vegas. And if a GH show is not a about past, what is this all about then?

I dont know if U have been to Vegas, but the whole city is about replecas, recriation. Of course britney could try something totally new, like whole Glory concert - and If this happens, nobody will care about her old outfits anymore ;)

3 hours ago, alanmanga said:

There is a simple explenation: She has a Greatest Hits show. In Vegas. And if a GH show is not a about past, what is this all about then?

I dont know if U have been to Vegas, but the whole city is about replecas, recriation. Of course britney could try something totally new, like whole Glory concert - and If this happens, nobody will care about her old outfits anymore ;)

yeah ive been to vegas 5 times and just because the show is a greatest hits show doesnt mean she has to re do what she has done before

this only happens to britney, every time we get new pictures, twitter gets filled with posts of pics comparing her to her old self like fans craving for her to look the same when they use pictures from 15 years ago

other artists get compared like that as well but not to the same level britney does, we are the ones who dont let her grow as an artist

if if was up to her fans they would dress her in the school girl outfit from bomt or the red catsuit of oops for piece of me

she isnt 18 anymore she is a 35 year old mother of two, she even cringes at some of her old song cause imagine being 35 and performing oops i did it again, that is why she didnt do it for circus or femme fatale tour 

12 hours ago, David. said:

yeah ive been to vegas 5 times and just because the show is a greatest hits show doesnt mean she has to re do what she has done before

this only happens to britney, every time we get new pictures, twitter gets filled with posts of pics comparing her to her old self like fans craving for her to look the same when they use pictures from 15 years ago

other artists get compared like that as well but not to the same level britney does, we are the ones who dont let her grow as an artist

if if was up to her fans they would dress her in the school girl outfit from bomt or the red catsuit of oops for piece of me

she isnt 18 anymore she is a 35 year old mother of two, she even cringes at some of her old song cause imagine being 35 and performing oops i did it again, that is why she didnt do it for circus or femme fatale tour 

Well, I can't speak for the entire fanbase, obviously, (and do acknowledge there are simply some people unwilling to let go of 20-year-old Britney, which is just unhealthy). However, I think the reason a lot of us fans are nostalgic for past costumes is due to the general decline in overall quality of her costumes over the course of her career. You mentioned Madonna's fans not imploring her to recycle previous costumes/choreography/performances; however, she constantly reinvents herself and pushes herself to top what she has previously done (and I can acknowledge that without even considering myself a fan of Madonna's). Obviously, Britney's priorities are different (as they should be, considering a) all she's been through, and b) her wanting to create a normal, loving home for her children); nevertheless, her public image/style shouldn't have suffered in the way it has.

For example, the decline in quality from these costumes (and overall hair/makeup):

8b82b789bebc7a670df5f93028abcff5.jpg

3150389.jpg?w=740&h=1059&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

675073.jpg

1251401084_britney-spears-1_lg.jpg

Britney+Spears+CIRCUS+TOUR+HQ+PNG.png

To what we've seen thus far in POM, is indisputable:

spl958071_016.jpg

150430-news-britney-spears.jpg

britney-spears-at-piece-of-me-show-at-pl

britney-spears-at-piece-of-me-show-at-pl

Бритни Спирс поразира количеством нарядов на шоу «Piece Of Me»

Britney-Spears-Piece-Me-Concert-December

I don't think such cheap costuming/styling is beneficial for her legacy OR her current reigning title of a (more mature) Princess of Pop. Especially considering how much work she has clearly put in over the past few years to get her body in absolute peak condition...I think it just annoys several of us fans that her team isn't willing to shell out more money to do her beauty (and overall image as a performer) justice.

ETA: I'm super jealous you've been five times! I'm STILL saving up for my first trip to see POM! You must've had an amazing experience to return on so many occasions :) I went to Vegas once but it was during FF era, so obviously no residency yet. I found the whole Vegas experience kind of underwhelming, but I did end up as a bridesmaid in a random girl's wedding (literally met her <5 minutes prior to walking down the aisle), so that was notable. 

Maybe an updated version of iconic outfits. But not every single song. But yes more pants, skirts, and bodysuits, less leotards

7 hours ago, Borja said:

It would be cool to see new renditions of old outfits.

And PLEASE Britney, embrace your old schoolgirl outfit.

Maybe a couple times but it'd be kinda desperate to have it be a regular costume lol

19 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

Too bad it was stolen. She was even supposed to wear in the live in Las Vegas special but someone stole it

is that true? I remember watching it live for the fist time and I thought she would at least wear it for the encore when I was like 12 or 13. It was so cool!

Archived