Britney Needs to Bring this Outfit Back!

MikeMasi

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the whole outfit, but that coat in particular was amazing. I loved it when she'd whip and unfurl the bottom.

tumblr_lry6smDt4E1r13vg3o2_250.gif

If she brought back an updated version, that would be really cool.

Or maybe just bring back pants in general. Hey, I've never said a bad word about the POM costumes, but I do miss pants.

4 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well, I can't speak for the entire fanbase, obviously, (and do acknowledge there are simply some people unwilling to let go of 20-year-old Britney, which is just unhealthy). However, I think the reason a lot of us fans are nostalgic for past costumes is due to the general decline in overall quality of her costumes over the course of her career. You mentioned Madonna's fans not imploring her to recycle previous costumes/choreography/performances; however, she constantly reinvents herself and pushes herself to top what she has previously done (and I can acknowledge that without even considering myself a fan of Madonna's). Obviously, Britney's priorities are different (as they should be, considering a) all she's been through, and b) her wanting to create a normal, loving home for her children); nevertheless, her public image/style shouldn't have suffered in the way it has.

For example, the decline in quality from these costumes (and overall hair/makeup):

8b82b789bebc7a670df5f93028abcff5.jpg

3150389.jpg?w=740&h=1059&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

675073.jpg

1251401084_britney-spears-1_lg.jpg

Britney+Spears+CIRCUS+TOUR+HQ+PNG.png

To what we've seen thus far in POM, is indisputable:

spl958071_016.jpg

150430-news-britney-spears.jpg

britney-spears-at-piece-of-me-show-at-pl

britney-spears-at-piece-of-me-show-at-pl

Бритни Спирс поразира количеством нарядов на шоу «Piece Of Me»

Britney-Spears-Piece-Me-Concert-December

I don't think such cheap costuming/styling is beneficial for her legacy OR her current reigning title of a (more mature) Princess of Pop. Especially considering how much work she has clearly put in over the past few years to get her body in absolute peak condition...I think it just annoys several of us fans that her team isn't willing to shell out more money to do her beauty (and overall image as a performer) justice.

ETA: I'm super jealous you've been five times! I'm STILL saving up for my first trip to see POM! You must've had an amazing experience to return on so many occasions :) I went to Vegas once but it was during FF era. It was kind of underwhelming, but I did end up as a bridesmaid in a random girl's wedding (literally met her <5 minutes prior to walking down the aisle), so that was notable. 

Yes and yes. 

6 hours ago, Britman512 said:

i wish her hair was done like it use be when she performed but the problem is Britney got too comfortable in Vegas going to ph every couple nights is like being in her own living room at this point she doesn't care cus she is at home and she gonna look how she wants to

I actually like her hair now better... It looks done. Before it just kinda laid there and was thin and sometimes looked greasy... She definitely has star hair now. She just needs to learn not keep fixing it, and not put it up in a messy bun... it's not a rehearsal, its show time.

13 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Incredible costume to complement what is, in my opinion, the best female pop tour of all time. It's been 15 years and I still never cease to be amazed every time I watch it! In fact, I think it's even more mind-boggling now due to the sheer realization of how young she was at this time.

Britney_Spears_Dream_Within_a_Dream_Tour

giphy.gif

tumblr_mkdvjuhZ4e1s9706fo2_250.gif

tumblr_njason9O831qzdlkbo5_r1_400.gif

It was epic

11 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Well, I can't speak for the entire fanbase, obviously, (and do acknowledge there are simply some people unwilling to let go of 20-year-old Britney, which is just unhealthy). However, I think the reason a lot of us fans are nostalgic for past costumes is due to the general decline in overall quality of her [...]

Oh Gosh, most of the new outfits are horrible :idkney:

3 hours ago, bryansao said:

Oh Gosh, most of the new outfits are horrible :idkney:

I've actually really liked a couple of them over the past three years (it doesn't hurt that Britney tends to make everything look amazing.)

But overall, a lot of the POM costumes don't really even look like costumes, honestly. And I think the designs actually are of questionable quality, since I recall Britney having several wardrobe malfunctions with multiple costumes throughout the residency. (To be fair though, that could've also happened during tours in the years past, and we just didn't know about it due to lack of social media.)

But just from the top of my head, I can recall three instances during POM: when the zipper which enclosed the back of the entire costume broke (in both Circus and 3), and then of course the most recent snafu where her top straps popped open: 

britney-spears.jpg

spears1f-1-web.jpg

composite-britney.jpg?w=300&h=192&crop=1

And to be clear, I don't blame this on Britney at all; she and her dancers maintained upmost professionalism during each occasion. And I know accidents happen to every performer on stage.

However, this recent track record honestly seems excessive and indicative of subpar stylists/designers.  I do feel it says something regarding the quality of the designs when they completely fall apart on stage (especially considering "3" was only the second performance of the night, "Circus" requires very minimal movement, and the new top had only been worn once before it broke.) Like...are they even using materials for professional entertainers/dancers? Where is the quality control here!?  :lostney: 

I really don't carte about the school girl outfit FROM the music video. I think she could do an updated version, like that one she did for Oops Tour. Maybe original moves + jeans pants, social white shirt. For me, the whole MATM outfit (yellow and green) screams Crazy 2K meets Oops Tour. The pants has the same heart as Beat Goes On Crazy 2K outfit and the shirt has the numbers from Baby. 

Archived