LARRY, IF I'M DANCING FOR SINGLE 3!

BoyToySoldier

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
5 hours ago, danny1994 said:

How's it doing on iTunes and the Radio right now?

Exactly

I mean I'm not obsessed with charts and how they "determine" how great a song is. :queenflopga2: I mean, Glory is low on the charts (if not on the charts at all), but I still love them album.

:staysalty:

7 hours ago, button said:

Radar had to be released because of her contract with the songwriters. And it was released as the 4th one because Jive decided to cut the era short due to IUSA's modest performance, they didn't even want to fund the Radar video. It should have been something else after Circus, Out from under for example.

Now that would've killed the era faster than anything.

IUSA was fine, if only it was performed live somewhere, it would've done better. Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Kill the Lights should've been released instead of Radar and leave that for next year or something.

11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Now that would've killed the era faster than anything.

IUSA was fine, if only it was performed live somewhere, it would've done better. Shattered Glass, Unusual You, Kill the Lights should've been released instead of Radar and leave that for next year or something.

But nothing other than Radar could have been released after IUSA because it performed moderately. It was not convincing enough for Jive to release a 4th single properly.

IUSA had too much controversy around it to succeed. They should have left it for later and released something else as a 3rd single. Circus needed some more singles to cross 5M. :britstare11:

2 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Except IUSA was a huge hit and got played on radio a lot. I remember hearing it nonstop :donewithit: Yes, Criminal did end the FF era, it was the fourth single, so naturally it ended the era :wtfdidusay:

I'm here for If I'm Dancing single 3!!!! :jumpney:

Not even you believe IUSA was a huge hit. Besides I explained my thoughts on IUSA. It was simply not well timed and made Jive stop the Circus era prematurely, it's barely platinum and it took some time to reach that.

The part about Criminal doesn't even make sense. An album can have all of its songs as singles. Lemonade is at 6 singles. :britstare11:

Just now, button said:

Not even you believe IUSA was a huge hit. Besides I explained my thoughts on IUSA. It was simply not well timed and made Jive stop the Circus era prematurely.

The part about Criminal doesn't even make sense. An album can have all of its songs as singles. Lemonade is at 6 singles. :britstare11:

Circus had four singles. Yes, I do believe it because I heard IUSA on the radio countless times. The GP knew about the song well. I remember everyone asking me what it meant lol. The video was iconic, Brit looked amazing and the theme was very clever. :donewithit:

Stop comparing to Circus to Lemonade. It's embarrassing. Most of Brit's albums have had four singles - it's completely normal. :byebitch:

8 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Circus had four singles. Yes, I do believe it because I heard IUSA on the radio countless times. The GP knew about the song well. I remember everyone asking me what it meant lol. The video was iconic, Brit looked amazing and the theme was very clever. :donewithit:

Stop comparing to Circus to Lemonade. It's embarrassing. Most of Brit's albums have had four singles - it's completely normal. :byebitch:

Radar was bound to get released because of the songwriters' deal and Britney struggled to get a video for it. Had IUSA been more successful, Radar would have been a 5th or a 6th single. I don't deal with what you "remember" and what the "GP knew", I talk with receipts and that's what record labels care about as well. They don't get money from people asking you what the song means, they get money from sales and IUSA did moderately well on that. :britstare11:

What you wrote about Britney necessarily having 4 singles for her album is what is truly embarrassing. Had Criminal been successful, a 5th single would have been released, it's a label decision to keep funding a project or stop. "Britney" had 6, BOMT had 5, ITZ would have had more than 4 without the knee injury, it's not a ******* pattern or a rule. :britstare11:

5 minutes ago, button said:

Radar was bound to get released because of the songwriters' deal and Britney struggled to get a video for it. Had IUSA been more successful, Radar would have been a 5th or a 6th single. I don't deal with what you "remember" and what the "GP knew", I talk with receipts and that's what record labels care about as well. They don't get money from people asking you what the song means, they get money from sales and IUSA did moderately well on that. :britstare11:

What you wrote about Britney necessarily having 4 singles for her album is what is truly embarrassing. Had Criminal been successful, a 5th single would have been released, it's a label decision to keep funding a project or stop. "Britney" had 6, BOMT had 5, ITZ would have had more than 4 without the knee injury, it's a ******* pattern or a rule. :britstare11:

Had been, could have should have would have is irrelevant. Most of Britney's albums have had four singles, that's a fact. The only albums you named with more than 4 had additional singles released in other countries. And that was only 2 albums :shameless: Nice try though. :staysalty:

Being played on the radio isn't a sign of being a hit? Really? Awe, when will MM and SP? :yeaok:

As far as IUSA not being a hit.... 

According to Nielsen SoundScan, "If U Seek Amy" sold over 107,000 digital copies in the United States within two weeks of the album's release.[27] On April 11, 2009, the song peaked at number seventeen on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs.[32] On May 9, 2009, the song peaked at number nineteen on the Billboard Hot 100, making Circus the first Spears album to have three top twenty hits since her 1999 debut, ...Baby One More Time.[32] As of March 2015, "If U Seek Amy" has sold 1.3 million digital downloads in the United States according to Nielsen SoundScan.[33] It is her tenth best-selling digital single in the country

Bye :queenflopga2: :queenflopga2: :queenflopga2:

10 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Had been, could have should have would have is irrelevant. Most of Britney's albums have had four singles, that's a fact. The only albums you named with more than 4 had additional singles released in other countries. And that was only 2 albums :shameless: Nice try though. :staysalty:

Being played on the radio isn't a sign of being a hit? Really? Awe, when will MM and SP? :yeaok:

As far as IUSA not being a hit.... 

According to Nielsen SoundScan, "If U Seek Amy" sold over 107,000 digital copies in the United States within two weeks of the album's release.[27] On April 11, 2009, the song peaked at number seventeen on the Billboard Hot Digital Songs.[32] On May 9, 2009, the song peaked at number nineteen on the Billboard Hot 100, making Circus the first Spears album to have three top twenty hits since her 1999 debut, ...Baby One More Time.[32] As of March 2015, "If U Seek Amy" has sold 1.3 million digital downloads in the United States according to Nielsen SoundScan.[33] It is her tenth best-selling digital single in the country

Bye :queenflopga2: :queenflopga2: :queenflopga2:

Released in other countries or not, they had videos, the label paid ******* money for them and supported them. You can try to deflect this as much a you want. FF stopped at 4 singles because Criminal flopped, it's ******* logic, why would a label not release a 5th single when the 4th one was a big hit? This website I swear :sofedup:

Being played on radio? I just checked and IUSA barely hit 40M in radio AI. It's not my fault your local radio station loved it, it a was moderate hit and did even less well outside of the US.

What does that wikipedia quote tell me besides IUSA was a moderate digital seller? 1.3M after 7 years? I checked its digital songs chart run and it was selling very slowly in 2009. Compare that to IWG which hit platinum in the same year it was released. No wonder Jive deemed it reasonable to stop there.

What are you even trying to prove by arguing with me? IUSA did average and was not well timed, it should have been released later on. It made the album stall at 4M copies. If you're gonna stop pushing for the "Britney albums are supposed to have 4 singles" then stop right there, I don't deal with stupidity and have better things to do. I didn't even say IUSA wasn't a hit, stop putting words in my mouth. Ugh. :britstare11:

Just now, button said:

Released in other countries or not, they had videos, the label paid ******* money for them and supported them. You can try to deflect this as much a you want. FF stopped at 4 singles because Criminal flopped, it's ******* logic, why would a label not release a 5th single when the 4th one was a big hit? This website I swear :sofedup:

Being played on radio? I just checked and IUSA barely hit 40M in radio AI. It's not my fault your local radio station loved it, it a was moderate hit and did even less well outside of the US.

What does that wikipedia quote tell me besides IUSA was a moderate digital seller? 1.3M after 7 years? I checked its digital songs chart run and it was selling very slowly in 2009. Compare that to IWG which hit platinum in the same year it was released. No wonder Jive deemed it reasonable to stop there.

What are you even trying to prove by arguing with me? IUSA did average and was not well timed, it should have been released later on. It made the album stall at 4M copies. If you're gonna stop pushing for the "Britney albums are supposed to have 4 singles" then stop right there, I don't deal with stupidity and have better things to do. :britstare11:

Okay, stop writing then. IUSA was a hit, and you will deal flop :queenflopga2:

3 minutes ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Okay, stop writing then. IUSA was a hit, and you will deal flop :queenflopga2:

Quote me the post where I said IUSA wasn't a hit? I was very specific and said it was a moderate, a modest hit and a sign for Jive to stop funding the era. The controversy and backlash at the time made it difficult for the following singles to be successful. It was not well timed.

This forum is the absolute pits, oh my god. What an embarrassing conversation

Just now, button said:

Quote me the post where I said IUSA wasn't a hit? I was very specific and said it was a moderate, a modest hit and a sign for Jive to stop funding the era. The controversy and backlash at the time made it difficult for the following singles to be successful. It was not well timed.

This forum is the absolute pits, oh my god.

22 hours ago, button said:

The singles which respectively ended Circus and Femme Fatale, why am I not surprised :dead:

So hits end eras??? Explain yourself flop, I'm waiting :plzexplain:

And actually ALL of Britney's albums had four US singles, some less. In her early career there were some international singles, but artists rarely release different songs to different markets anymore. Britney hasn't in yearsssss. So I also don't see your point there, either. If this forum is the pits and you hate it so much, leave :byebitch:

Archived