Time to be honest, what do you personally think.

indyRS

• Super Mods
7 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Basically what she needs to do in a nutshell right here :verycool:

The one thing that every fan can definitely agree on is her needing a new team and label. It's gotten to the point where it's too obvious she needs new everything when it comes to her management :NYsassy:

Exactly.

And it's not that I'm ungrateful for everything that has happened this era, because Britney truly delivered. I've been thoroughly impressed with the music and have really enjoyed the performances, and really liked hearing the various interviews that she's given. There were a few bumps along the road as well, and although some were more upsetting than others, the positives far outweighed the "negatives."

During this era, I've really had to understand and realize that Britney isn't the same popstar as she was during the 90s and 2000s. On the surface, it's obvious and not that deep. But I think I've finally realized it for myself. The things she does now has a different impact than when she did them during her prime or even after her breakdown. And I can totally appreciate why she doesn't want to be immersed in the enormity of that fame anymore.

But at the same time, I am still left uncertain almost about how much she enjoys doing what she does. Obviously she is there and present on Glory. She's more energetic than ever in performing, and more expressive in interviews than she's been since her prime. But there is sometimes an undercurrent I feel where I feel like she might be bored. Or she just performs at these festivals to attend and have her name out there, and then she whisks herself away back to Vegas or wherever she goes.

It's not like I doubt that she can deliver and step it up. I always believe that. I do get tired of the whole "comeback" narrative the GP assigns to her and that her team seems to cling to...

Idk, I love our Queen very much and want the best for her. I also have opinions I can't necessarily put into words or don't make much sense.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SlayOut said:

Exactly.

And it's not that I'm ungrateful for everything that has happened this era, because Britney truly delivered. I've been thoroughly impressed with the music and have really enjoyed the performances, and really liked hearing the various interviews that she's given. There were a few bumps along the road as well, and although some were more upsetting than others, the positives far outweighed the "negatives."

During this era, I've really had to understand and realize that Britney isn't the same popstar as she was during the 90s and 2000s. On the surface, it's obvious and not that deep. But I think I've finally realized it for myself. The things she does now has a different impact than when she did them during her prime or even after her breakdown. And I can totally appreciate why she doesn't want to be immersed in the enormity of that fame anymore.

But at the same time, I am still left uncertain almost about how much she enjoys doing what she does. Obviously she is there and present on Glory. She's more energetic than ever in performing, and more expressive in interviews than she's been since her prime. But there is sometimes an undercurrent I feel where I feel like she might be bored. Or she just performs at these festivals to attend and have her name out there, and then she whisks herself away back to Vegas or wherever she goes.

It's not like I doubt that she can deliver and step it up. I always believe that. I do get tired of the whole "comeback" narrative the GP assigns to her and that her team seems to cling to...

Idk, I love our Queen very much and want the best for her. I also have opinions I can't necessarily put into words or don't make much sense.

I honestly feel the same way sometimes. I totally have loved everything about her overall this era but I still feel she could be doing more.

Hire Beyonce's marketing team tbh. or just a new young team in general. Beyonce is successful because she knows how to market to the right crowd. Beyonce or her people are in tune to whats going on in young circles and technically every time she releases something. Whereas Britney is oblivious as to what is hot at the moment and her releases are so boring and year 2000. Tell the public im recording>give them a release date>mail the albums out to retailers early>email to critics for reviews>album leaks weeks in advance>Don't push the album>let it get illegally downloaded for weeks and circulated around the web>Do small quick promo ads and tweets>Disappear and forget the album exists until the next album:whitneyshade:

My honest opinion:

1. She's not really **** anymore, none of the famous females are anymore actually.  I guess it's not "in" to be **** but it does get attention. Britney used to be "guys want to **** her and girls want to be her." I haven't heard a dude say they want to **** her in a long *** time and as a girl she doesn't wear anything that I would want to wear, she used to. (I was so happy to see slumber party and some fun makeup actually, but that's the first time in a long time that I got a fashion idea from her)

1b. I know people don't want to hear it but she should stop doing things to her face, we don't want her to get MJ carried away. This takes away from *** appeal greatly. 

2. Like everyone else is saying, singing live or pre recorded vocals or just sing along with the track forgoodness sake, she can even throw in a word here and there like riha does and it would be an improvement. 

3. I want to feel like she likes her back catalogue and respects the work she's done in the past, be proud of it. It feels like she's embarrassed if it. She doesn't even seem to like glory really and that's recent.

4. CONFIDENCE. Like Nikki minaj Rihanna confidence.

5. Work on getting comfortable with the stage again.

6. Make herself more accessible, the Instagram is good but some artist will actually engage with their fans through tweets or insta replies. Something.

7. Controversy that would really get the headlines going. 

8. An album full of certified hits. I love glory but clearly we need to bring in the big guns. ESPECIALLY IF SHES GOING TO BE IN VEGAS TIL FOREVER. FML

Deadass, these things need to happen or she's going to fall into Vegas oblivion.

Sing live every once and while, when it really counts. People don't want to invest money into a singer that doesn't sing. I mean before she did sing some songs live and then would lip BUT dance her *** OFF.  Now its good dancing but not her best ( and i know shes older now) so I think the GP arent as forgiving with her lipping. I think she needs to do more talk shows as well, people need to remember how funny B is and how relateable she is. 

1.) One big thing is live vocals. Most of us fans don't care since we wanna see Britney perform but nowadays all pop stars are expected to sing at least sometimes. Sadly I don't think we will ever hear live vocals from Britney again. She can still do pre-recorded ones and that would be an improvement but for some reason they haven't done that either. Lip syncing to her vocals from 15 years ago makes no sense but here we are.

2.) Her dancing isn't as good as when she was in her prime obviously but at least it's not as bad as FF era. She used to outdance all of her backup dancers - she stood out, that's not really the case any more. Sadly, I don't think there's anything that can be done about this other than Britney trying harder I guess. With that said, she is still a better dancer than almost any female pop star out there. It's what makes her so unique. 

3.) Stage presence is a little bit more intangible and hard to describe but if you look at her old performances she always looked so fierce, fearless, and confident. She walked the stage like she owned the ******* world and looked at the camera like she knew you wanted her. Nowadays she's a little bit more hesitant and reserved. 

4.) But I think the most important thing is good music. As long as she keeps putting out good music like Glory she will always have a chance to be on top again. Primeney could come back tomorrow and if she had to perform BJ songs only, nobody would care. Fortunately this is one of the things I feel I can still trust Britney on. I just hope Britney's team lets her work with the right people. 

GP is only gonna be on board if she backtracks to more-so generically dance-pop with the kind of simplistic hooks that get immediately stuck in your head. The easy answer would be someone like Calvin Harris producing...but I think she could satisfy GP and keep better artistic integrity if Disclosure produced for her.

Beitney is not cool. Being a Britney fan is not cool. 

Dancing better than she already is now (as in, getting much better choreography too) will gain her more respect...but it's not gonna sell records. 

She needs a new label! RCA handles her releases horribly! Glory would've been a #1 album had they picked a better week and it was he only album to not be in any ads it's week of release it was like the album never existed......Jive always advertised the **** out of her releases! It's like RCA doesn't give a **** about her and we have them to thank for BJ! 

B10 needs to be more deep/personal/mature and less ******! The GP thinks *** is honestly all she has to offer and they're over it.  She needs to show them there's more to her! 

She's comfortable with Vegas, she doesn't push herself or challenge herself anymore like she used to in the past :notfeelinit:

You can do whatever you want but if the drive isn't there it's not gonna work. Yes she's dancing better than in the past, but her current shows in terms of visuals/artistry/choreography, everything really... they all fall short. :crying1:

for chart success, just simply promote the amazing new music she has out. She needs to ONLY perform new songs during all her promo spots and leave her catalogue at her POM shows. I feel like performing old material doesn't do anything for her credibility. 

Maybe do more promo performances as well like on ellen, or snl, or jimmy fallon etc. Just be out there more. Glory speaks for itself and could easily have major success. 

Most ppl in this thread are blaming her marketing team.....I agree. 

12 hours ago, SlayOut said:

She definitely needs to have her team fired and move from RCA. Obviously a new team needs to be assembled that can take her in a creative direction that's innovative. Her current team has gone the nostalgia route, obviously, but there should be alternatives for Britney that allow her to creatively and innovative-ly capitalize off her entire catalogue of old and new hits. A new record label without a doubt will be able to market Britney to her existing and new groups and communities more effectively and efficiently than RCA.

She will have to sing live. Different sets of pre-recorded vocals at minimum. She's looked at as a joke for the obvious and haphazard lip-syncing. People are honestly convinced she cannot sing, and when you show them 'live' performances, it only reconfirms that "suspicion."

She needs another choreographer. One that does not have her counting her steps or moving her arms as much. Someone that can utilize the energy that Britney already has. 

Most importantly though, she has to want it. While she has no doubt been reignited and has had a complete change in her energy in performance, people in the GP aren't convinced that she's into her career anymore. Of course, they have Primeney imbedded into their memories of Britney, so anything Britney does now will be measured against that. Nonetheless, people in the GP believe Britney isn't excited or engaged by her career anymore. She has trouble connecting to the GP and to segments of her fanbase that have grown indifferent or hold Britney in a different light as time has passed. She needs to take time and really reconsider how she brands herself. People are obviously not here for Momney and obviously, to us, she's the Undisputed Princess of Pop. But that whole "Princess of Pop" notion has to change over time. There needs to be forward motion and innovation and reinvention and adaptability that Britney can make to her image. All this to say, her new team would have to really invest and investigate in ways to make her relevant to the GP, while balancing Britney's desires to not encompass the enormity of the fame that bolstered much of her career.

13 hours ago, indyRS said:

What do you personally think would help Britney sell more and get more fans?

I always thought simply dancing better, but I don't think that's the case.

It wouldn't hurt, but she NEEDS to train that voice to sing live. Not a whole song love, but half of it and then dance to the other half.

And make her songs not as ******.

Adele and Taylor are selling well because they don't sell *** in songs, it's more personal and connected to them.

Fire all her team, change record label, dance better and DO PROMO.

Adele is different. Taylor doesn't sell *** in songs, but she does in music videos.

Nothing, a singer like her is a brand and you can use the product life cycle to see where she is it. In 2008 she was in the maturity stage, now she's in the decline stage. It happens to ALL singers at some point - maybe beyonce will be doing vegas shows every night in 20 years. 

She should sing yes.

as fans we have constantly said that she can just entertain dancing but it is not true. For the gp she is often considered a joke today! It is sad because she has a voice!

the program to make her on top again should include:

- performances with live singing on television;

- interviews on live television demonstrating how important music is for her. She should know what oops is about, who came up with the "it's Britney b" line;

- she should be controversial again doing and saying particular things.

these 3 factors combined together are all that matter.

we should really stop saying that is her dancing or her looks that make her relevant. Those things are just taken for granted and they are not enough to be on top.

Archived