Top 20 albums of 2016 (glory #1)

RezaCody

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While the “comeback” narrative is beyond tired for someone who has “returned” again and again and again after that era, even Britney’s most devoted fans can admit that this year was her most astounding return-to-form since Circus, and her most musically ambitious since In The Zone and Blackout. Thanks, Amazing A&R Karen.

From her noticeably revitalized energy onstage (and yes, even spoken word renditions of ’90s hits), to dozens of promo interviews, awards show performances — hell, even festival sets, 2016 gave us the best of Britney Spears we’ve seen or heard in years.

We cautiously hoped it would be good. It’s so much better

YASSSS :yesplease:  

45 minutes ago, RezaCody said:

idk if this was already posted, i didn't see it anywhere, but this music website (idk how official they are) listed Glory by Britney, the number 1 album of 2016 and follows with a supportive view of britney and her music ;)

Anyways, ignore if AP.

http://www.muumuse.com/2016/12/top-20-albums-of-2016.html/

Thank You SO MUCH for this post! :hugs: it's always heart warming to see positive reviews about Britney :) even rarer that they seem genuine...

it was an awesome review to read and refreshing :hugs: thanks again

While the “comeback” narrative is beyond tired for someone who has “returned” again and again and again after that era, even Britney’s most devoted fans can admit that this year was her most astounding return-to-form since Circus, and her most musically ambitious since In The Zone and Blackout. Thanks, Amazing A&R Karen.

From her noticeably revitalized energy onstage (and yes, even spoken word renditions of ’90s hits), to dozens of promo interviews, awards show performances — hell, even festival sets, 2016 gave us the best of Britney Spears we’ve seen or heard in years.

Imma celebrate now :hype: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY :gobaby: Im actually tearing up right now

and I 110% agree with their dangerous woman review... Ariana did SUCH an amazing job with this album! It was fantastic! tbh I haven't heard Utada's music in a while (especially outside of her songs for Kingdom Hearts) so maybe I'd put it at number 2... but YAS and I TOTALLY Believe Touch It DESERVED/S to be a single!!! and so does Thinking About You!!! This is SUCH A GOOD LISTING!!

18 minutes ago, mylonliNESS said:

Thank You SO MUCH for this post! :hugs: it's always heart warming to see positive reviews about Britney :) even rarer that they seem genuine...

it was an awesome review to read and refreshing :hugs: thanks again

Imma celebrate now :hype: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY :gobaby: Im actually tearing up right now

awww you are welcomeeee!!!

14 hours ago, RezaCody said:

idk if this was already posted, i didn't see it anywhere, but this music website (idk how official they are) listed Glory by Britney, the number 1 album of 2016 and follows with a supportive view of britney and her music ;)

Anyways, ignore if AP.

http://www.muumuse.com/2016/12/top-20-albums-of-2016.html/

God is that ur pic

u r ******* HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

No lies detected tbh. Glory along with Dangerous Woman have been the only major pop albums of 2016, and particularly Glory stands out for its lack of political implications, something I am grateful for, since non-educated ******* have been embarrasing political movements (as feminism) this year. Glory is pure hedonism, a mixture of feelings, a repertoire of different musical genres which make Glory a juicy pop album. Thanks that Britney is intelligent enough to not involve herself into politics, I am sick of it. Glory is pure pop, and some ******* have to deal with it.

And, flawless post. It's true that maybe Glory is not the album of the year, but at least I'm happy that someone in the media puts Glory ahead of Lemoverrated for once.:queenflopga2:

Archived