how did "3" debut at #1

vinay

Actually it became instantly famous mostly because of the EDM influence, "3" was the first pop song to have a strong EDM influence in it, and it was something relatively new to the pop industry (not a lot of big acts did it), once again she proved herself as innovative, and it paid off, 3 was literally everywhere :umomg: i was a bit too young for clubbing back then but I know my older cousins who did adored it :mhm:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ukfan said:

Basically hits are actually selected for us nowadays.  get all the cattle in the same field and there easier to manage.  

This is why we hear terrible new songs overplayed to ****,  then radio play terrible songs over and over.  it's like radio only have 10 songs at a time on their whole playlist,  which consists of drake, fifth h, Shawn mendez,  beiber,  and endless shitty "dance"  songs with terrible concepts and terrible vocals and terrible lyrics and terrible videos.  

They force certain songs down our throats as if to say "this is new, spend your money on this song,  everyone else is" 

It's disgusting and radio used to be soo good but it's actively ruining music.  money has ruined music.  stupid people is ruining music.  

Where's all the bands?  (without damn 15 year olds) linken Park, blink 182 where are you?  

Where's the djs ( I mean real ones,  not Calvin shitty shitty Harris)

Where's all the rappers (Eminem,  snopp dogg,  where are you?? Come back and destroy Kanye West)

Music is my life,  its my passion,  but I just can't stand today's garbage fest of complete utter basics,  that do nothing and somehow become 'legends' overnight.  

The whole world has turned into the X factor audience,  endlessly clapping at utter crap that they can't even tell the difference between a good or bad song. Money decides the charts it's so obvious.  music is directed for 15/23 year olds with no brain cells.  "that's my girl"  LOL VOMIT 

gurl linken park? how dare you? :meltdown:

yeah I agree what u said :forkit:

41 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

Because she was still huge. FF era destroyed her reputation and she lost biggest amount of her fans during that period.

I keep seeing people say FFT ruined her reputation, but where are the receipts? :selenerz:

FFT actually had more positive reviews than Circus Tour since the GP believed she sang live at some parts. I get that its hated among people in exhale and she wasn't performing as well as she is now, but GP seemed to like both FF album and the tour. People need to stop pointing all the fingers at femme fatale everytime Britney's single doesn't perform well. :queenflopga2:

39 minutes ago, Disney Princess said:

I keep seeing people say FFT ruined her reputation, but where are the receipts? :selenerz:

FFT actually had more positive reviews than Circus Tour since the GP believed she sang live at some parts. I get that its hated among people in exhale and she wasn't performing as well as she is now, but GP seemed to like both FF album and the tour. People need to stop pointing all the fingers at femme fatale everytime Britney's single doesn't perform well. :queenflopga2:

Let's be real, Britney lost a lot of fans after circus tour because she didn't fulfilled peopels' expectations. That lost was very noticeable during FF tour because for example her EU tour was not sold out, instead arenas were half empty. After FF tour/era she lost even more fans. And all that resulted with bad performance of BJ and its singles. After that she become LV act, and GP and a lot of remained fans lost interest in her. In period of 5 years (after Circus tour) she didn't to anything really worthy to raise her fan base. I thought she will do again some spectacular things with Glory, but she failed again.

Peace.

9 minutes ago, AndrejBLV said:

Let's be real, Britney lost a lot of fans after circus tour because she didn't fulfilled peopels' expectations. That lost was very noticeable during FF tour because for example her EU tour was not sold out, instead arenas were half empty. After FF tour/era she lost even more fans. And all that resulted with bad performance of BJ and its singles. After that she become LV act, and GP and a lot of remained fans lost interest in her. In period of 5 years (after Circus tour) she didn't to anything really worthy to raise her fan base. I thought she will do again some spectacular things with Glory, but she failed again.

Peace.

this, I remember when she came to Argentina with the Femme Fatale tour the stadium wasn't the biggest and yet it didn't sold out, actually half of it was pretty empty and the celebrities here kinda bashed her for her lack of presence during the performances 

2 hours ago, If U Seek Me said:

Because 3 is an uptempo, unlike Make Me... and Plumber Party. The GP loves Britney's uptempos! :queenflopga2:

Shut up make me and slumber party are amazing . No one checks for britney anymore that's the issue , not the songs. She's just not seen as cool anymore she's more seen of as an artist of the past and a mom

4 hours ago, PBoy said:
  • Pop Masterpiece
  • Max Martin
  • Peter Paul & Mary
  • Subminal '' Everybody Loves Countin' / Everybody Loves Cummin' ''
  • Perfect instrumental
  • Great production (Verses/Pre-Chorus/Chorus/Bridge)

:foh: There you have it! N#1

Don't forget the saxophone!

Max Martin reused a bunch of his sounds from his Cheiron days in If U Seek Amy and 3.

For 3, he reused the saxophone sound you hear.  

6 hours ago, vinay said:

how did "3" debut at #1 was there a lot of hype for britney after circus. what was the reaction to the song debuting at #1. was it a surprise release, was there a radio deal in place or was it pure sales

I haven't read all of the responses to this question but most of them point to her popularity.

That's only part of the reason.

The other factor to remember is the Billboard charting system at the time which (subject to correction) was based solely on sales and air-play and the day it was released (I think songs are only released on Fridays now, which wasn't the case back then).

3 originally debuted on the Bubbling Under chart and only debuted at #1 because its first charting week was too short for her to land on the Billboard Hot 100. If she had a few more days should have done like Womanizer and debuted in the 90's and then fly straight to #1. 

Hold It Against Me also benefited from this giving her back-to-back #1 debuts.

:queenriri:

It was a combination of her popularity and Billboard rules. She'd likely never pull it off again as both are now working against her.

Archived