how did "3" debut at #1

vinay

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good question, I mean I still like the song, but it wasn't the song (or video) that made it a hit, imo. I think it was her reputation, the aftermath of her emerging out of the ashes. My god I'm dramatic today, but you know what I mean, she'd been in every paper during '07 and '08 and everybody thought she would throw her carreer away and just be a party girl, an it-girl like Lindsay etc., but then she made that return, showed everyone she was taking her life back. I'm rambling, we all know this, but it's still amazing how big her comeback (don't call it a comeback-comeback) was, she proved them wrong  :bigtime: and 3 was part of that I think.

46 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Cause she was huge. You guys have to realize that Glory's results comes from Britney Jean era. She lost A lot of fans. Can't blame them. 

To be fair, Glory partially fixed the mess BJ made. Let's be honest here, if Glory was as bad as BJ it wouldn't sell more than 60k or sth. But since it was good, it sold a solid number.

Britney always does well with her first singles. It's like everyone buys her first single then bounces. WB did well too. It went #11 considering it's not radio friendly and the # of years shes been in the game. MM went #17 twice which is kinda crazy for her song to bounce back like that even if it is at #17 which is not that far from #11 anyway. Even back then nobody really checked for her other singles except with Toxic.

5 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

stfu, she's still among the highest paid, most talked female celebs in the world, 18 years into her career.

still a huge celebrity and more relevant than any other **** fav u might stan for.

No one is sayin' she's not, but if you think she's as relevant as she was back in 08/09 you're delusional! 

Archived