The most depressing part of the concert tonight...

Vgameman2011

1 hour ago, PieceofBritney said:

FF thing is beside the point, as you can see people don't get excited even when someone else joins her on stage for a new song! Circus Britney could just stand there and everyone would've been focused on what's she's gonna do next! She needs to win them back slowly. And well not singing won't help. 

Yeah there were a few cheers for Tinashe last night but not many lol 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vgameman2011 said:

Don't come for me honey, I was just sharing my experience :staysalty:

i wasn't "coming for you" lol i was just stating the facts. i wouldn't expect anyone to know DYWCO and of all her albums Glory is the one that slipped through the cracks the most. that's just how it is. when i come for you you'll know it :cutesybrit:

4 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

i wasn't "coming for you" lol i was just stating the facts. i wouldn't expect anyone to know DYWCO and of all her albums Glory is the one that slipped through the cracks the most. that's just how it is. when i come for you you'll know it :cutesybrit:

Sorry, I just woke up when I read this so I was crabby :moorangu:

love ya sis :kiss:

20 hours ago, AndrejBLV said:

True, but I think their mistake was that they promoted her previous singles with new one. I guess it would have better reaction from GP and radio if she only performed MM combined with SP or even only SP.

But she needs to continue performing on awards shows and festivals next year,because it will be good decision in the long run and it will have an impact on success of her next album.

I think the record label should do more than just beg radio stations to play the songs, remixing them with already known songs (Me, Myself and I mashup I'm looking at you). Imagine if she performed only Glory songs, we all would be amazed, but the audience would've been like britney_spears___happy_confused_by_pokem

The record label should've made radio deals, promote the songs on tv ads or something; instead of putting all that product placement on the music videos, they should make Britney appear on tv ads promoting the brands, or just putting her songs on them. People needs to listen to the songs everywhere to trick their brains so they start believing the songs are really popular, and then they search the song, they watch the video (that's why it is so important to have videos) and eventually the radio needs to catch up with what's hot on the internet. They can't refuse to play a song that's popular on the internet, I mean, they sure can, but it would be harder. And then we have a snowball effect, because once radio plays a song a lot, again, more people starts to get interested and the cycle repeats until she releases another song.

It's awesome that she's doing these festivals, but I think it's the wrong place to introduce the audience to a new song. New songs should be premiered and promoted at awards shows, tv shows, music videos, super bowl ads ;), etc, anything that has a lot of exposure. For this kind of festivals I think the point is that people already know the songs beforehand.

She should do another ABC especial with Glory songs. She should have an MTV especial too (if people still watches that channel) and of course the most important tv shows, SNL, Ellen, she should do Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, etc, but as a musical guest, not just appearing on sketches, which are fine too, but the music should be the priority. At this point, if they really want to get Britney to the top again, among a new generation that barely knows about her existence, they need to take extreme, more aggressive measures.

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think the record label should do more than just beg radio stations to play the songs, remixing them with already known songs (Me, Myself and I mashup I'm looking at you). Imagine if she performed only Glory songs, we all would be amazed, but the audience would've been like britney_spears___happy_confused_by_pokem

The record label should've made radio deals, promote the songs on tv ads or something; instead of putting all that product placement on the music videos, they should make Britney appear on tv ads promoting the brands, or just putting her songs on them. People needs to listen to the songs everywhere to trick their brains so they start believing the songs are really popular, and then they search the song, they watch the video (that's why it is so important to have videos) and eventually the radio needs to catch up with what's hot on the internet. They can't refuse to play a song that's popular on the internet, I mean, they sure can, but it would be harder. And then we have a snowball effect, because once radio plays a song a lot, again, more people starts to get interested and the cycle repeats until she releases another song.

It's awesome that she's doing these festivals, but I think it's the wrong place to introduce the audience to a new song. New songs should be premiered and promoted at awards shows, tv shows, music videos, super bowl ads ;), etc, anything that has a lot of exposure. For this kind of festivals I think the point is that people already know the songs beforehand.

She should do another ABC especial with Glory songs. She should have an MTV especial too (if people still watches that channel) and of course the most important tv shows, SNL, Ellen, she should do Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, etc, but as a musical guest, not just appearing on sketches, which are fine too, but the music should be the priority. At this point, if they really want to get Britney to the top again, among a new generation that barely knows about her existence, they need to take extreme, more aggressive measures.

I totally agree with you, I don't know what's wrong with her, her label and team, but something is clearly wrong. I still can't believe that they miss such a huge opportunity to promote MM on VMAs and they let her do that mediocre performance. She needs ASAP new creative team to make her cool again.

On 04/12/2016 at 9:05 PM, Froot said:

Main problem is Britney. I don't mind her promoting POM, but she isn't announcing everywhere that she has a new album out, even on ellen (the mall shopping thing). So nobody knows. She isn't promoting Glory on her social media platforms. She didn't even try to do a Glory medley like whole performance about new music and Itunes festival was great opportunity or today show, or VMA. So, it's her fault. And I wasn't going in conversations about her recent performances but it's sad for me. Im so happy that she is happy and she dances good - but when U have that, u start looking for more. She didn't prerecord her vocals, and singin Stronger with weird deformed voice it's just beyond me. Come on - one evening on a treadmill and she is set up for very long time. And acting like Britney is nothing but nostalgia act is so depressing. This girl is 35yo, not 55.

So I am glad, but I also can see that she isn't doing her 110%.

IA with you to some extent but they did talk about Glory on the Today show and she performed MM and DYWCO, nothing from her previous albums

The release week (or like 1 week prior and after) actually promoted Make Me (Apple commercial, JKL, the video, VMAs). I think that's the big mistake. She should have promoted Make Me first, so it would have become a hit or semi hit (peaked two times at #17) BEFORE the album release and not during the album release.

Then she could have released the promo singles and eventually perform MM at the VMAs and have the other promo focused on the album overall and not just MM

On 05/12/2016 at 10:25 AM, AndrejBLV said:

I totally agree with you, I don't know what's wrong with her, her label and team, but something is clearly wrong. I still can't believe that they miss such a huge opportunity to promote MM on VMAs and they let her do that mediocre performance. She needs ASAP new creative team to make her cool again.

What missed opportunity? It went #2 on iTunes for a week or something

39 minutes ago, Rico. said:

What missed opportunity? It went #2 on iTunes for a week or something

Missed opportunity to give a performance up to the standards of Britney Spears VMAs performance.

Let's be real nether MV or VMAs helped MM to become a hit. She did a lot of promotion this era, but it was weak promotion in terms of quality.

1 hour ago, Rico. said:

IA with you to some extent but they did talk about Glory on the Today show and she performed MM and DYWCO, nothing from her previous albums

The release week (or like 1 week prior and after) actually promoted Make Me (Apple commercial, JKL, the video, VMAs). I think that's the big mistake. She should have promoted Make Me first, so it would have become a hit or semi hit (peaked two times at #17) BEFORE the album release and not during the album release.

Then she could have released the promo singles and eventually perform MM at the VMAs and have the other promo focused on the album overall and not just MM

Exactly. 

And You see it isn't that hard for us to think about but her team, people who are paid to do this job, are kind of dumb

1 hour ago, AndrejBLV said:

Missed opportunity to give a performance up to the standards of Britney Spears VMAs performance.

Let's be real nether MV or VMAs helped MM to become a hit. She did a lot of promotion this era, but it was weak promotion in terms of quality.

IA that this was not up to her standards for a VMA performance because it lacked that wow factor, although I love the performance

but you can't say it didn't help when MM skyrocketted on iTunes thanks to the performance

6 minutes ago, Rico. said:

IA that this was not up to her standards for a VMA performance because it lacked that wow factor, although I love the performance

but you can't say it didn't help when MM skyrocketted on iTunes thanks to the performance

In short run yes, but in the long run it didn't have any significant help.

Archived