Britney needs a fresh song that young people can relate to

Body ache

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Hypnotherapy said:

Honestly Make Me is Britney's most marketable song in a long time, it's a pity the GP didn't connect with it.

That had a lot to do with the mishandling of the promo and delaying the release and then the song leaking early. It would've peaked much higher had the release not been so botched.

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I swear to god this forum is insane with all this better for single demanding, are ya'll mad? Its a ******* filler song whats wrong with you, it would flop harder than shitfume:shameless:

I actually agree tbh.

Its funny how simple people are. This is literally how they think:

"Oh! Bettah kinda reminds meh of dat song Justen Beber jumped on... an dat was ah hit!!!! So maybeeee ef Brinny does Betta... it will be ah hit too!!! Yasss slay with Betta Brinny!!! #1 comen ha way!!"

When really its nothing to do with that. Justin is at the point in his career where whatever he touches, it undoubtedly becomes a hit.
Its to do with his fan-base. 

I think either:

Slumber Party
Mood Ring
Just Luv Me
Change Your Mind
Love Me Down
Do You Wanna Come Over

should either be singles. Coupure Electrique is my favourite song from Glory, but its not single worthy. It is a masterpiece though :crying1: 

5 minutes ago, A.D. said:

I agree with you 100%...what are the tracks you find most overrated and underrated from Glory? The most overrated imo are Better and Love Me Down though I bop my pu$$y to both :giggleney:...as for the most underrated I have to go with Coupure Électrique and Invitation :feelingmyself:

I think Man On The Moon is the most overrated tbh. Its not a bad song, but I don't get the hype for it at all.
Its corny and its very cheesy as well. The most underrated is definitely Coupure Electrique!!

The entire album is flawless ofc. I can listen it all without skipping if I want to.
Though I do skip MOTM the most haha 

Britney loves cheesy :carpoolney:

I love Man on the moon. It's beautiful. I don't really get the cheese.  It's about a drunk girl crying over her lost love dreaming about her perfect man. Maybe it's a bit young (which is what a lot of my sample said to me) on the surface but it's catchy while being sweet and sad. It reminds me of the vibe I get from a lot of late 1960's and 70's songs.

2 minutes ago, A.D. said:

MOTM is another overhyped one but I love it, there's a cheesy element to it but an enjoyable one unlike the Iguana Australia collab we got last year :uknowit:

Which one is the best grower? For me it's Hard To Forget Ya, it's so overlooked :crying2:

Omg yeah I have to agree with you on that one, its definitely HTFY!!

I love it 

58 minutes ago, Allmylife said:

That had a lot to do with the mishandling of the promo and delaying the release and then the song leaking early. It would've peaked much higher had the release not been so botched.

I don't agree about leaks and delays, it doesn't effect things as negatively as we like to believe. Plenty of songs are delayed, leaked or even rechart after months of the GP connect with it.

For me the big reason is because the only people checking for Brit are her hardcore fan base. She dug herself into a hole over the last few years and it's showing.

I agree the marketing for MM was botched. She finally went for the whole unusual you vibe fans have wanted for years, stripped back and covey. However to do this you need some authenticity and rawness, whereas everything surrounding MM has just been ok. The video was trash, the VMA performance tried to be authentic but came off disappointing because Brit took this slow jam and didn't sing, didn't really dance, looked good but in an overly **** costume. The MM routine isn't even bad, and is a good mid concert routine, but it doesn't work as a stand alone comeback routine to a new sound of hers.

I'm rambling and. It really getting to my point, but basically I think that Britney is firstly a visual artist and her image and everything surrounding Make Me hasn't fitted into this whole 'new sound' that MM has. And she's been absent from the charts and the world outside of Vegas since 2013, no wonder people aren't buzzing about her.

Im happy with the music, promo and her personal life because as a fan I can see how much she's improved but I understand why the public don't care.

Archived