Britney needs a fresh song that young people can relate to

Body ache

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you serious? Glory is full of songs for a younger audience. The problem is her team - they are not capable of picking the right songs as singles and, obviously, make a proper video for it :donewithit:

17 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

Better or Love Me Down :crying1: She needs an uptempo to bring the attention and after that she can release something slower and edgier.

But I agree with the title of this thread - she needs to bring the younger audience, she needs to work with people who are very popular but indie at the same time rn - for example Tove Lo, MO... even Lana Del Rey maybe...

I think a collaboration with Selena Gomez would be great for both :verycool:

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

I swear to god this forum is insane with all this better for single demanding, are ya'll mad? Its a ******* filler song whats wrong with you, it would flop harder than shitfume:shameless:

I agree... 

I think teens could relate to Slumber Party the most out of any song. 

I can see Better being a moderate hit if it featured a big name like Drake to add a rap verse or something. I like the song (especially the beat drop when the chorus starts) but I can't see it becoming a success on the charts by itself.

I also think the 2nd single of any era needs to be one of the BEST tracks off the album in terms of beat, lyrics, production, music video and promo. For eg, Taylor Swift getting mixed responses to Shake It Off (1st single off 1989) but then she dropped the 2nd single Blank Space with a high budget video and a lot of quotable lyrics (that's something teens love because I've seen atleast 800 instagram posts using "cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream" as a caption i.e. free promo!) and it really catapulted the album into 'iconic' status. Also similar to what happened with MATM followed by Toxic during ITZ era.

They have to release a song that will get good callout numbers in smaller markets. Call-outwise Make Me did poorly in the smaller markets. I'm not sure why. But it's probably why RCA is doing a lot of testing.  I'm not sure what song would work. It doesn't make a lot of sense that Make me did so poorly. And the poor callout numbers was happening before the video release. Rca and team Britney have to figureout why before settling on single two. 

Archived