Which relatively unknown Britney song would've been a big hit?

LostInAnImage

Whether technically released (as bonus tracks, promo songs, on EP's, etc.,) or entirely unreleased, which largely unknown Britney song(s) do you believe would've become huge hits if they had been officially released as singles? Here's my list:

1. State of Grace: I've been listening to this all the time lately because it sounds like it would fit in perfectly with the tracklist of "Glory!" But beyond that, I think this is one of her best songs, has a mystical/ethereal quality to it, and would have showcased a very different side of Britney to the GP. :mhm:

2. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix): IMO, the only true contender for Toxic 2.0 (at least, thus far). I think this is an undeniable hit, and would've smashed from the radio to the clubs. :bparty:

3. Mona Lisa (remastered version): So I actually LOVE the original demo; I think the lyrics and her vocals are incredible. However, the one that was remastered and put on the Chaotic EP was far more radio friendly, IMO. I mourn for the music video that could have been! :crying1:

4. Get Back: I don't understand how this went from being the lead single for "Blackout" to being removed from the standard edition entirely! I do think Gimme More is brilliant and was a perfect lead, but still think this should've been a single at some point. Britney + Danja = magic. Plus, she could've done absolutely incredible live medleys with Gimme More/Get Back/Break the Ice. :feelingmyself:

5. Quicksand: Honestly, I don't know if this would've been a huge hit like the aforementioned songs, but I think it's simply amazing and would've been perfect for a 5th single. It has that vulnerability and authenticity the other "Circus" singles lacked, but still sounds very catchy and radio-friendly. :tbh:

Thoughts?? Which Britney song(s) do you guys think were big missed opportunities throughout her career? :kisses2all:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Can't Make You Love Me

Breathe on Me

Lonely (well, I'm not so sure about that, probably Bombastic Love)

Agree with CMYLM (or even better, What U See is U You Get) for Oops era.

Also agree completely about Lonely! Her DWAD performance of it alone still amazes me. I know her team wanted Bombastic Love as the first single off of "Britney," but I personally don't think it would've smashed. I mean, I was their target audience when the album came out (12 years old), and even then I didn't like BL. Of course, I also didn't like Slave at the time either because it was such a huge shift in her style and I was too young to appreciate it; now it's one of my favorites! When the album came out, my favorites were Overprotected, INAGNYAW, and Cinderella.

BOM...I'm not sure. I love the song and know it's a fan favorite, but I don't know if radio/her core audience at the time (young teen girls) would've embraced it.

I could be totally wrong, though! :yesokay:

18 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

Whether technically released (as bonus tracks, promo songs, on EP's, etc.,) or entirely unreleased, which largely unknown Britney song(s) do you believe would've become huge hits if they had been officially released as singles? Here's my list:

1. State of Grace: I've been listening to this all the time lately because it sounds like it would fit in perfectly with the tracklist of "Glory!" But beyond that, I think this is one of her best songs, has a mystical/ethereal quality to it, and would have showcased a very different side of Britney to the GP. :mhm:

2. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix): IMO, the only true contender for Toxic 2.0 (at least, thus far). I think this is an undeniable hit, and would've smashed from the radio to the clubs. :bparty:

3. Mona Lisa (remastered version): So I actually LOVE the original demo; I think the lyrics and her vocals are incredible. However, the one that was remastered and put on the Chaotic EP was far more radio friendly, IMO. I mourn for the music video that could have been! :crying1:

4. Get Back: I don't understand how this went from being the lead single for "Blackout" to being removed from the standard edition entirely! I do think Gimme More is brilliant and was a perfect lead, but still think this should've been a single at some point. Britney + Danja = magic. Plus, she could've done absolutely incredible live medleys with Gimme More/Get Back/Break the Ice. :feelingmyself:

5. Quicksand: Honestly, I don't know if this would've been a huge hit like the aforementioned songs, but I think it's simply amazing and would've been perfect for a 5th single. It has that vulnerability and authenticity the other "Circus" singles lacked, but still sounds very catchy and radio-friendly. :tbh:

Thoughts?? Which Britney song(s) do you guys think were big missed opportunities throughout her career? :kisses2all:

:grimace: And Then We Kiss was #1 in Israel for SIXTEEN weeks. :lessons: The government had to forcibly step in and remove it from radio just to give other songs a chance! Do your research, manatee. :lessons: 

And for me, Everyday should've been a single off of Circus, if not the actual lead. Strangest Love, for sure. :nyschool: 

13 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

:grimace: And Then We Kiss was #1 in Israel for SIXTEEN weeks. :lessons: The government had to forcibly step in and remove it from radio just to give other songs a chance! Do your research, manatee. :lessons: 

Haha, I meant songs that weren't given treatment as an official international single (e.g., music video, performances). But, I didn't know that re: ATWK topping Israeli charts, so slay! 

ETA: Your picks (Everyday and Strangest Love) are flawless :carpoolney:

Archived