Which relatively unknown Britney song would've been a big hit?

LostInAnImage

6 minutes ago, Britney M. Carey said:

I don't see any greatness in ATWK. Why do you think it can be Toxic 2.0?

To me, it just has that unique "it factor" that Britney brings. Her vocals sound transcendent, and juxtaposed with the upbeat rhythm of the song itself, it sounds like an amazing dance hit. Every time I listen to the song I just imagine this insanely creative music video with tons of choreography. But that's obviously just my opinion!:)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't make you love me

When I say so

I run away

I've just be fun having my fun

The answer

Everybody 

Get Back

Unusual You

Phonography

Inside Out

Selfish 

Sorry Adam 

Tik Tik Boom

All those songs have never been performed live. If I could add already performed songs or well known album tracks I would add:

Breathe On Me 

Touch Of My Hand 

Lonely 

What is like to be me

What you see is what you get

Don't go knocking on my door

Mannequin 

Up and down

I didn't include glory songs because we just had the first single. Nobody knows what are they going to release later

1. Before the Goodbye

2. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)

3. Get Back

4. Up N Down

5. Scary

6. She'll Never Be Me

7. When I Say So

8. Look Who's Talking Now

9. Unbroken

Only chosen bonus tracks/unreleased. But all of these sound like they could have made good singles imo. Before the Goodbye and Get Back were both planned as singles at one point and it's a shame it never was tbh. The Junkie XL remix of And Then We Kiss was only released as a promo single but a full release to promote BITM Vol 1 would have been amazing.

13 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Whether technically released (as bonus tracks, promo songs, on EP's, etc.,) or entirely unreleased, which largely unknown Britney song(s) do you believe would've become huge hits if they had been officially released as singles? Here's my list:

1. State of Grace: I've been listening to this all the time lately because it sounds like it would fit in perfectly with the tracklist of "Glory!" But beyond that, I think this is one of her best songs, has a mystical/ethereal quality to it, and would have showcased a very different side of Britney to the GP. :mhm:

2. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix): IMO, the only true contender for Toxic 2.0 (at least, thus far). I think this is an undeniable hit, and would've smashed from the radio to the clubs. :bparty:

3. Mona Lisa (remastered version): So I actually LOVE the original demo; I think the lyrics and her vocals are incredible. However, the one that was remastered and put on the Chaotic EP was far more radio friendly, IMO. I mourn for the music video that could have been! :crying1:

4. Get Back: I don't understand how this went from being the lead single for "Blackout" to being removed from the standard edition entirely! I do think Gimme More is brilliant and was a perfect lead, but still think this should've been a single at some point. Britney + Danja = magic. Plus, she could've done absolutely incredible live medleys with Gimme More/Get Back/Break the Ice. :feelingmyself:

5. Quicksand: Honestly, I don't know if this would've been a huge hit like the aforementioned songs, but I think it's simply amazing and would've been perfect for a 5th single. It has that vulnerability and authenticity the other "Circus" singles lacked, but still sounds very catchy and radio-friendly. :tbh:

Thoughts?? Which Britney song(s) do you guys think were big missed opportunities throughout her career? :kisses2all:

Lonely 

Boom Boom

I Just Begun (Having My Fun)

Toy Soldier 

Why Should I Be Sad

Perfect Lover

Guilty Kiss

Blur (Released during Circus)

Rebellion 

Amnesia

Inside Out

Private Show 

Change Your Mind 

3 hours ago, Isla. said:

1. Before the Goodbye

2. And Then We Kiss (Junkie XL Remix)

3. Get Back

4. Up N Down

5. Scary

6. She'll Never Be Me

7. When I Say So

8. Look Who's Talking Now

9. Unbroken

Only chosen bonus tracks/unreleased. But all of these sound like they could have made good singles imo. Before the Goodbye and Get Back were both planned as singles at one point and it's a shame it never was tbh. The Junkie XL remix of And Then We Kiss was only released as a promo single but a full release to promote BITM Vol 1 would have been amazing.

Amazing list :carpoolney: It really sucks that the GP/most casual fans have never heard the majority of the best work she's ever done! 

Archived