Which relatively unknown Britney song would've been a big hit?

LostInAnImage

• One kiss from you
  • Email my heart
  • Breathe on me
  • Shadow
  • Touch of my hand
  • Bombastic love
  • Autumn goodbye
  • I run away
  • Don't hang up
  • Amnesia
  • And then we kiss
  • Inside out
  • Seal it with the kiss
  • Up n down
  • He about to lose me
  • Trouble for me
  • Trip to your heart
  • Get back
  • Break the ice
  • Lace and leather
  • Freakshow
  • Out from under
  • Heaven on Earth
  • Quicksand
  • Unusual you
  • Hold on tight
  • My only wish this year
  • Strangest love (unreleased)
  • Pleasure you (unreleased)
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God theres so many but the unforgivable ones (not being singles )are

Inside Out

Tik Tik Boom

Mood Ring

Slumber Party

Brightest Morning Star

Passenger

Alien

Where Are you Now

Quicksand

Kill the Lights, Make me, Break the Ice and Perfume, Simply because even though they were in fact singles their videos didnt do them Justice

Til its Gone

Shattered Glass

How I roll

BOM +touch of my hand for sure + I got that boom boom

and nearly everything off Oops !

2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Haha, I meant songs that weren't given treatment as an official international single (e.g., music video, performances). But, I didn't know that re: ATWK topping Israeli charts, so slay! 

ETA: Your picks (Everyday and Strangest Love) are flawless :carpoolney:

:queenflopga: Everyday would've been her first #1 ballad. Bookmark me. 

And yeah, And Then We Kiss never got a video. Never got a performance. But it did get a single release on Halloween 2005, and it slayed the **** out of the Israelites tbh :queenflopga: 

2 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Agree with CMYLM (or even better, What U See is U You Get) for Oops era.

Also agree completely about Lonely! Her DWAD performance of it alone still amazes me. I know her team wanted Bombastic Love as the first single off of "Britney," but I personally don't think it would've smashed. I mean, I was their target audience when the album came out (12 years old), and even then I didn't like BL. Of course, I also didn't like Slave at the time either because it was such a huge shift in her style and I was too young to appreciate it; now it's one of my favorites! When the album came out, my favorites were Overprotected, INAGNYAW, and Cinderella.

BOM...I'm not sure. I love the song and know it's a fan favorite, but I don't know if radio/her core audience at the time (young teen girls) would've embraced it.

I could be totally wrong, though! :yesokay:

It's really hard to guess what would've happened tbh.

Lonely I think it's so fierce and the song is awesome, but I'm not so sure it would've been a hit, like a true hit, especially in the Britney era. I think it would've been a fan favorite, but I have the impression it would've been as remembered as Do Somethin' :rude2me:

Breathe on Me, I agree it was very unusual for the sound that was popular back in the day, but, that was an era when Britney really cared about music videos, and she was in her best shape. I'm sure it would've been something very controversial and it would've caused a lot of furor just because of the videoclip. We'll never know...

46 minutes ago, JoffBaratheon said:

Bombastic Love over Lonely? giphy.gifLonely would've ended careers. Poor you must have not seen DWAD giphy.gif

but if it's about hits, I really doubt people would've been here for Lonely, I mean, look at ILRNR or Boys. It was fierce Britney, but they were just meh, in terms of hits and success. Bombastic Love had that classic Britney sound that just for the song itself could've smashed, regardless of a performance or videoclip.

I love both of them though

Archived