Why was Scream and Shout as big as Toxic?

Someone Who Knows

#1 in 27 countries including the UK, Germany, France

Top 5 everywhere else it charted except flop Japan

Nearly 600 million YouTube views in 3 years

In the year-end Top 25 in the USA, UK, Canada, and Germany

Somewhere in between 3-4 million downloads sold in the USA; went as high as 6x platinum in Australia

The 'Britney *****' line makes the song tbh...y'all do not appreciate how big of a smash this song was...I mean...we ended up disappointed with BJ but look at those numbers and you can see why RCA thought it'd be a good idea to hook her up with will.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I secretly hate that song and I'm not afraid to admit it here but I had to support it in front of my non-Stan friends because that's what we do

and it's not even Britney's fault - I literally hate anything Will I Am has ever touched. I wanted to love it, and I actually thought she looked stunning in the video. I used to hang out at this bar on the beach that used to play it a LOT, and they would play the videos on huge projections on the wall. I remember my friends talking about how they thought she looked great and they loved the song. It was a GP smash, but it was way more WILL I AM than Britney for me.

I just don't get it. I can't tell you why people gravitate to Will I Am. Or Pitbull, or Flo Rida or Akon. Every collaboration those artists have been in have sucked to me because of those people. Who is asking for them?

like, seriously who says "YEAH MAN I REALLY LIKE WILL I AM" FRIGGIN NOBODY EVER but for some reason those songs do so well! Maybe I'm wrong I don't know

(definitely not wrong about Pitbull though. You show me one person who thinks he's good at anything except being the worst.) 

It's one of my least favorite Britney songs for sure, but I'm glad she looked amazing in the video and that it did so well.

I honestly don't understand the GP sometimes.

Actually, maybe because it's such an easy song to sing along to, it sounds like an anthem, and there are phrases in it that are immediately recognizable

Archived