Why was Scream and Shout as big as Toxic?

Someone Who Knows

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

S&S is the main reason behind BJ era's existence ( +her flopping ) :arianabye: I hate it because of that

I was going to said this. Yeah, S&S was a great move for Britney at that time. But also that song was the responsible of Why Britney & Her Team allowed Will.i.am for be the EP of Britney Jean. And well since that album she is floping 

Honestly with scream & shout britney re invented herself in that song and it was a huge hit the accent and the Britney ***** was just on awesome catchy hook. She needs to go back to pure pop club bangers it's just what she's good at  she always tops the radio airplay. I myself.. including my friends straight and gay. Everyone loved that song.  

8 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Because it was so dated :beynah: I did like the video but I didn't like the song that much :ehno:

it's like Oops in 2000

Nelly's Promiscuous in 2007

and on and on.... 

why would someone shade oops like that? :ohnoney:

it's not even fair to compare the iconicness of oops with the trashy s&s :comingthru:

Well I love this song. It went off in the clubs... the kind of song everyone knows the words to and the crowd just sings it to each other on the dance floor.. amazing moments 

the British accent thing was fresh and a talking point. Will got the production just right. I'm SO glad we have this in the catalogue, it's a lot of fun and a great party song.

It was a real error of judgement to follow up with even more British accent with work *****... I like WB too but come on girl, you know you gotta keep it fresh to stay on top :)

I love it and it slays.

The fact that I was a secret new stan in 2007 when "It's Britney *****" came out meant I couldn't appreciate it fully and didn't realise how iconic the phrase was, so when s&s came out I got to dance to it in the club and the fact that it went to #1 here in the UK was amazing.

It's her most played song in the clubs and I hear it every time I go out, in all the clubs, gay or straight. EVERY TIME.

Archived