Say NO to "Slumber Party"! Lets be serious!

nonoiseplz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ronron said:

Mte i dont understand why people dont see it! U cant release another rnb track after make me! Mm flopped everywhere but in the us! Thats cuz britneys known ww for her pop gems! I love mm dont get me wrong! But if we want to save glory we need a pop smash and what better options do we have but dywco or better! They'll slay ww! 

My thoughts exactly! 

1 hour ago, thrive94 said:

What do u suggest sister? They are the most catchy on the album. After make me ofc

The most catchy ones are Better, Liar and DYWCO, whether ppl like them or not it's a different story. 

1 hour ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Well, "Inside out" is pretty catchy too, many people who liked FF are still listening to it even in 2016. Guess you just didn't give that song second chance. :)

My favorite visual from that era was "I wanna go". Fun, cool, alive music video with interesting concept and story. One of the best music videos in her career imo. Whatever was about to be released after that video, it wouldn't be that good or close good like IWG for me. :soyeah:

Definitelly one of her best videos. She only used one outfit but she looks amazing, and the song was a smash! 

20 minutes ago, button said:

I didn't memorize your username but I knew this way of argumenting was familiar.

I understand the worry of lip-synching a slow song like SP but didn't the insider say she was doing SNL this time? I refuse to believe Britney can't sing live, I think it's more of an anxiety problem than a talent one. There's no reason she can't reproduce studio vocals on stage, especially SP's which sound very natural and unprocessed.

If you can give birth to a song like What You Need then you obviously have vocal talent, I think she just has confidence issues.

Then how do u explain the fact she hasn't sung live since In the zone era? She hasn't sung live since forever. I agree with u that it's a confidence issue, but I don't see her trying to do sth about it. I think we might as well accept the fact she just doesn't sing live and probably never will, maybe a couple times, but that's it. 

7 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

My thoughts exactly! 

The most catchy ones are Better, Liar and DYWCO, whether ppl like them or not it's a different story. 

Definitelly one of her best videos. She only used one outfit but she looks amazing, and the song was a smash! 

Then how do u explain the fact she hasn't sung live since In the zone era? She hasn't sang live since forever. I abree with u that it's a confidence issue, but I don't see her trying to solve the issue. I think we might as well accept the fact she just doesn't sing live and probably never will, maybe a couple times, but that's it. 

In the Zone had heavy dance routines (Toxic, MATM) but I think you're questioning her talent here? I think the Like A Virgin 2003 performance was live-singing and even if it wasn't, then the vocals were pre-recorded so clearly the talent is there. And I'm sure she did Everytime live at some point. This shouldn't be discussed.

Blackout and up have no live singing for obvious reasons.

5 minutes ago, button said:

In the Zone had heavy dance routines (Toxic, MATM) but I think you're questioning her talent here? I think the Like A Virgin 2003 performance was live-singing and even if it wasn't, then the vocals were pre-recorded so clearly the talent is there. And I'm sure she did Everytime live at some point. This shouldn't be discussed.

Blackout and up have no live singing for obvious reasons.

I'm not questioning her talent. She absolutelly CAN sing while performing. Thing is, she doesn't. And she hasn't done it since waay too long. That's my point. She hasn't done it since In the zone, for some of the reasons you pointed out, yes, but the fact is that she hasn't done it for more than a decade. So, I think it's naive to think she will start now. I have my hopes, and I would really love that, But I seriously doubt it. 

34 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

Well, there are 4 outfits in the video although they are similar to each other (ripped jeans and mickey mouse t-shirt; white jacket, red bra and the skirt; mickey mouse t-shirt and ripped jeans; red bra and the skirt) and fifth they used, but it didn't make a final cut (red dress). :)

1 minute ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Well, there are 4 outfits in the video although they are similar to each other (ripped jeans and mickey mouse t-shirt; white jacket, red brea and the skirt; mickey mouse t-shirt and ripped jeans; red bra and the skirt) and third they used, but it didn't make a final cut (red dress). :)

You're right! They are similar but there are 4! Thanks :D 

6 minutes ago, rocKstar said:

You're right! They are similar but there are 4! Thanks :D 

It wasn't anything branded, but she looked like a badass, probably cause that was the most experimenting music video in her career. I'm wondering why they scrapped red dress outfit scenes and what was the concept behind those scenes. Another mistery in Britney world. Guess will never find it out... Anyway, I would love to see her experimenting with some new visuals in the future at some point. :)

Just now, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

It wasn't anything branded, but she looked like a badass, probably cause that was most experimenting music video in her career. I'm wondering why they scrapped red dress outfit scenes and what was the concept behind those scenes. Would love to see her experimenting with some new visuals in the future at some point. :)

Yes! That outfit was seriously INSANE. Well, at ñeast we got some nice pictures on FF booklet. 

A lot of songs on the album are potential hits but they do need effective promotion and good visuals. Not because they're not good, but the GP isn't really here for Britney's music still (if we're honest). She needs to get their attention in the most positive way possible. The VMAs was supposed to do that, but it didn't for several reasons.

A viral music video is what Britney needs right now. Something that can get people's attention (like when Drake's Hotline Bling got a lot of memes and stuff). 

10 hours ago, Rickeylicious said:

ugh. I'm not here for Slumber Party as a second single. It's one of the only songs I tend to skip. Just Luv Me, Love Me Down, and Better are my picks. I'd be okay with SP as the 4th single. Not 2nd. We need a massive hit!

I don't even play Slumber Party by choice. I like it but its not a song I'll put on just to listen to something good.

Archived