Say NO to "Slumber Party"! Lets be serious!

nonoiseplz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Its not about being the best song, and Britney does not need radio and Billboard top 10 chart hits to have a successful single. 

She needs positive feedback from the public. A song like Slumber Party will not get the publics attention on its own. She'll need a great video and live performances. She will have to SELL Slumber Party to the public.

She had positive feedback with MM and sales were not awful. That would mean a successful single, or moderate..?

But yes, I think SP is not a good option for single 2 whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

OMG! So how can you NOT get what I'm trying to say? :weusay:

Speaking on his behalf:)

Because FF had already smashed with 3 radio hits so it was OK to release a classic-ney song like Criminal.

Glory can't afford that yet. Private Show should be a 6th or a 7th single. We're at this point looking after commercial success to save the era.

1 minute ago, PieceofBritney said:

Criminal was my favorite song off that album lol I'm glad they chose it

I mean, "Criminal" is not a bad song, it's way far from bad. I just think it's not a good single material. It should've been just cool album track and only that imo. :)

3 minutes ago, button said:

Where's the proof that the generic *** Inside Out would have performed better than Criminal, which did well overseas? :sickofu:

As I explained, "Criminal" is not single worthy imo. "Inside out" has some cool beat, amazing lyrics and flawless vocals. If you want to talk about generic songs, "Till the world ends" is her most generic single ever and yet one of most succesful. I couldn't care less about success at this point tbh. Just want some good music and visuals. :soyeah:

3 minutes ago, X445500 said:

Still hoping for Man on the Moon

:crying2: 

So is Britney.

But he doesn't exist. 

3 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

I mean, "Criminal" is not a bad song, it's way far from bad. I just think it's not a good single material. It should've been just cool album track and only that imo. :)

As I explained, "Criminal" is not single worthy imo. "Inside out" has some cool beat, amazing lyrics and flawless vocals. If you want to talk about generic songs, "Till the world ends" is her most generic single ever and yet one of most succesful. I couldn't care less about success at this point tbh. Just want some good music and visuals. :soyeah:

My least favorite single tbh. TTWE...

1 hour ago, ItsGodneyB**ch said:

She had positive feedback with MM and sales were not awful. That would mean a successful single, or moderate..?

But yes, I think SP is not a good option for single 2 whatsoever.

"Work *****" didn't have great sales, but 5 years from now people are going to remember the song.  The same thing with "If you seek Amy". These are songs that we're not chart hits but got enough attention for being strong songs that didn't need radio / Billboard support to make them memorable Britney songs. Thats a success. Britney makes her money from touring/ Vegas Residencies like all of the other legends do. She just has to release strong memorable music that doesn't require her physical presence to promote.

1 minute ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Till the World Ends, despite being a generic dance pop song, was amazing and very catchy. There was nothing redeeming about Inside Out in my opinion. After TTWE and I Wanna Go, Criminal felt like a breath of fresh air. Picking Inside Out would have been pushing it too far.

And since you like good visuals, then you shouldn't be disappointed with Criminal since it had a great video. Not sure IO would have had that. :janet:

6 minutes ago, button said:

Because FF had already smashed with 3 radio hits so it was OK to release a classic-ney song like Criminal.

Glory can't afford that yet. Private Show should be a 6th or a 7th single.

Criminal was not a classic  sounding Britney song . It is a mid-tempo Ballad that sounds overproduced like everything else on femme fatale.  Anyway, if Britney isn't going to promote her ballads, she should not release any.

Private Show and Criminal are nothing alike.

1 minute ago, PieceofBritney said:

My least favorite single tbh. TTWE...

Your least favorite, but yet one of most succesful from that era. My favorite song from that album was "He about to lose me", but well... You know, it's always about success or quality. I always choose quality, cause success is relative thing. It could happen, then disappear and you will end up forgeting that song or hating it at some point. That's why I'm not really big fan of nowdays commercial music.

3 minutes ago, BritneyIsPurePerfection said:

Your least favorite, but yet one of most succesful from that era. My favorite song from that album was "He about to lose me", but well... You know, it's always about success or quality. I always choose quality, cause success is relative thing. It could happen, then disappear and you will end up forgeting that song or hating it at some point. That's why I'm not really big fan of nowdays commercial music.

omg that was also my favorite. 

My dream is Change your mind becoming a single...oh the video...it could've been amazing. 

Archived