Say NO to "Slumber Party"! Lets be serious!

nonoiseplz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Criminal was not a classic  sounding Britney song . It is a mid-tempo Ballad that sounds overproduced like everything else on femme fatale.  Anyway, if Britney isn't going to promote her ballads, she should not release any.

Private Show and Criminal are nothing alike.

Criminal had classic baby Britney vocals and it's nowhere near overproduced.

I hope the ballad argument is not directed at Slumber Party because it's not a ballad.

And I don't think you're understanding the risk in releasing PS. It's a very poralizing song with very mixed opinions about it. I don't see radio touching this song.

53 minutes ago, one+onlyPLEASURE said:

I completely agree. I love the song a lot and listen to it very frequently but I cannnnnnnnot imagine it being a hit with the general public. If our goal is a hit that will keep the era alive, I think we need an uptempo club jam like DYWCO or Better. 

Mte i dont understand why people dont see it! U cant release another rnb track after make me! Mm flopped everywhere but in the us! Thats cuz britneys known ww for her pop gems! I love mm dont get me wrong! But if we want to save glory we need a pop smash and what better options do we have but dywco or better! They'll slay ww! 

9 minutes ago, button said:

Criminal had classic baby Britney vocals and it's nowhere near overproduced.

I hope the ballad argument is not directed at Slumber Party because it's not a ballad.

And I don't think you're understanding the risk in releasing PS. It's a very poralizing song with very mixed opinions about it. I don't see radio touching this song.

"Bum Bum Bum Bum" "Gun Gun Gun Gun" and her voice is clearly pitched and tuned to perfection. There is no "classic" depth in her voice like there is on "Private Show".

Ohh,,, In reference to Inside Out not being a good single choice over Criminal.

Mute the Criminal Video white playing "Inside Out".

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLASSIC!!!  :bow:

23 minutes ago, button said:

Till the World Ends, despite being a generic dance pop song, was amazing and very catchy. There was nothing redeeming about Inside Out in my opinion. After TTWE and I Wanna Go, Criminal felt like a breath of fresh air. Picking Inside Out would have been pushing it too far.

And since you like good visuals, then you shouldn't be disappointed with Criminal since it had a great video. Not sure IO would have had that. :janet:

Well, "Inside out" is pretty catchy too, many people who liked FF are still listening to it even in 2016. Guess you just didn't give that song second chance. :)

My favorite visual from that era was "I wanna go". Fun, cool, alive music video with interesting concept and story. One of the best music videos in her career imo. Whatever was about to be released after that video, it wouldn't be that good or close good like IWG for me. :soyeah:

1 hour ago, PieceofBritney said:

It's the song I listened to the most and I'm always in the mood for it. It's the perfect after party music. I always smoke a cigarette or weed with it at the end of the night before sleeping. 

I love listening to Glory while I'm high too :hugs: Man On The Moon also has a great vibe for this :selenerz:

51 minutes ago, DaddySayzee said:

Well the GP seems to be eating it up so at some point it should be a single. It's dancey but chill- I could see many hot features and remixes 

The gays don't have a stoner *** anthem :feelingmyself:

This is why i ******* love it!! Smoking to that **** is just something else :feelingmyself:

1 minute ago, jokerr said:

I love listening to Glory while I'm high too :hugs: Man On The Moon also has a great vibe for this :selenerz:

I love doing this! Im high af and listening to it at the moment, you can really tell how amazing her voice is and the whole production, those little details each song has that makes it completely special and different from eachother. I am just amazed.

Love Me Down tho :CPKney:

14 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

"Bum Bum Bum Bum" "Gun Gun Gun Gun" and her voice is clearly pitched and tuned to perfection. There is no "classic" depth in her voice like there is on "Private Show".

Ohh,,, In reference to Inside Out not being a good single choice over Criminal.

Mute the Criminal Video white playing "Inside Out".

THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN CLASSIC!!!  :bow:

Ehh I still don't see the appeal for Inside Out but alright. Criminal was truly refreshing after 3 back to back Dance pop songs. I don't regret having it as a single at all.

Private Show is certainly brilliant but I don't see the GP embracing it. Private Show will make this a 2-single era and we're looking for a surefire hit. I mean if Make Me got bad callout scores, can you imagine how PS would do in that aspect. Britney's vocals on MM were great yet it was trashed by the young audience.

And I'm not convinced with your promo argument. Whatever song she is releasing she should promote it, no matter what genre it is. Work ***** is not a ballad and it could only go so far without promotion. :donewithit:

By the way are you by any chance the one who prefered Passenger over Alien in that other thread?

24 minutes ago, Kirito said:

I love doing this! Im high af and listening to it at the moment, you can really tell how amazing her voice is and the whole production, those little details each song has that makes it completely special and different from eachother. I am just amazed.

Love Me Down tho :CPKney:

I love the haunting slow down. There really is so many layers to Glory, I notice something new Everytime

i wish I was high af

1 hour ago, button said:

Ehh I still don't see the appeal for Inside Out but alright. Criminal was truly refreshing after 3 back to back Dance pop songs. I don't regret having it as a single at all.

Private Show is certainly brilliant but I don't see the GP embracing it. Private Show will make this a 2-single era and we're looking for a surefire hit. I mean if Make Me got bad callout scores, can you imagine how PS would do in that aspect. Britney's vocals on MM were great yet it was trashed by the young audience.

And I'm not convinced with your promo argument. Whatever song she is releasing she should promote it, no matter what genre it is. Work ***** is not a ballad and it could only go so far without promotion. :donewithit:

By the way are you by any chance the one who prefered Passenger over Alien in that other thread?

Britney is going to lipsych no matter what she releases and her chances of doing televised live performances are slim to none for her releases. We were lucky to get The Today Show and VMAs.  But because Britney NEVER sings live anymore, her performances are somewhat counterproductive. She looks awkward lipsyching songs where she is doing nothing but walking around the stage pretending to sing half the time. This looks even worse during midtempo songs like "Make Me" ( sooo glad G-Easy was with her at the VMAs) . I've been saying this since Hold it Against Me. Her lipsyched performances hurt whatever she is promoting. I would rather her not do any televised performances if she's going to lipsych.  She will look like a fool lipsyching slumber party .

But yes, that was me who preferred Passenger over Alien. I like Alien but good live performances would be expected, which Britney was incapable of doing. Passenger was also a good song , but it had the backing of Katy Perry and Sia to being extra attention if it were released.  Alien dull demo leak would have done even worse damage had it been released because the expectation for Britney to sing it live would have been even higher; and we know she would not deliver. :sipney:

32 minutes ago, nonoiseplz said:

Britney is going to lipsych no matter what she releases and her chances of doing televised live performances is slim to none for her releases. We were lucky to get The Today Show and VMAs.  But because Britney NEVER sings live anymore, her performances are somewhat counterproductive. She looks awkward lipsyching songs where she is doing nothing but walking around the stage pretending to sing half the time. This looks even worse during midtempo songs like "Make Me" ( sooo glad G-Easy was with her at the VMAs) . I've been saying this since Hold it Against Me. Her lipsyched performances are hurt whatever she is promoting. I would rather her NOT perform at all  on television if she's going to lipsych.  She will look like a fool lipsyching slumber party .

But yes, that was me who preferred Passenger over Alien. I like Alien but good live performances would be expected, which Britney was incapable of doing. Passenger was also a good song , but it had the backing of Katy Perry and Sia to being extra attention if it were released.  Alien dull demo leak would have done even worse damage had it been released because the expectation for Britney to sing it live would have been even higher; and we know she would not deliver. :sipney:

I didn't memorize your username but I knew this way of argumenting was familiar.

I understand the worry of lip-synching a slow song like SP but didn't the insider say she was doing SNL this time? I refuse to believe Britney can't sing live, I think it's more of an anxiety problem than a talent one. There's no reason she can't reproduce studio vocals on stage, especially SP's which sound very natural and unprocessed.

11 minutes ago, button said:

I didn't memorize your username but I knew this way of argumenting was familiar.

I understand the worry of lip-synching a slow song like SP but didn't the insider say she was doing SNL this time? I refuse to believe Britney can't sing live, I think it's more of an anxiety problem than a talent one. There's no reason she can't reproduce studio vocals on stage, especially SP's which sound very natural and unprocessed.

Even at this stage , I would expect her to sing something like Private Show live over any of the **** -talky songs like ,Slumber Party, because she has many opportunities to sing those type of simple songs live but still choose to lipsych. 

Will she really do SNL though?  I think its a mix of both anxiety and a huge lack of self confidence in her voice whether she is singing or talking while performing.  It is ridiculous that she does not say or sing anything during her performances. There must be some agreement in her contact that allows her to lipsync everything. Surely JIVE  knew and RCA knows how her lipsyching has hurt her brand and the promo performances.

Archived