Article: What Did Britney Do to Piss Off MTV?

Steel Magnolia

"I have a lot of questions about this show, like: Who blackmailed Key and Peele? Is DJ Khaled going to ****** Jay Pharoah? When are they presenting the annual Viggo Mortensen award?

Most importantly, WHAT did Britney Spears do to the executives at MTV and Viacom to deserve her post–Beyoncé performance time slot? It’s like serving spam after caviar. Putting anyone after Beyoncé at the top of her game is incredibly rude, but putting Britney in that position was a clear act of aggression.

Why did this happen? Here are my theories:

1. This is belated payback for Britney’s notoriously lackluster 2007 VMAs performance.
2. This is belated payback for Britney’s excellent 2001 VMAs performance, because she stole the snake, and the snake was very expensive.
3. MTV is deep in the pocket of Big Federline.

Whatever the real reason for the ruthless scheduling, the biggest takeaway from this year’s VMAs is that it’s disrespectful to make anyone follow Beyoncé."

Source: https://theringer.com/live-blog-the-2016-vmas-a866036730f7#.5opeokc25

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HotAsIce.ve said:

Well it's true. 

The performance of Britney was good but not on the level of the Beyonce performance. 

BBMA performance >>> VMA 

BBMA was her piece of me show tho... make me is fresh and new and she was awesome tbh, sadly she performed after the formation tour.

The only thing that needs to follow Beyonce is moral police. She needs to stop buying her way through the industry. 

Nobody gets that much time unless they pay for it. 

I hate how she steals all her music video ideas, all her outfits, all her chereographies, buys all her awards, and people still ear her **** up. 

So this 'article' is accusing MTV of intentionally putting Britney after Beyoncé to make her look bad?  Does that mean MTV wanted to embarrass everyone else who performed after Bey, too?  Lmfao, the reach.  MTV has ****** Britney over many times, but this wasn't one of them. :keshawave:

1 hour ago, DirtyMind said:

So this 'article' is accusing MTV of intentionally putting Britney after Beyoncé to make her look bad?  Does that mean MTV wanted to embarrass everyone else who performed after Bey, too?  Lmfao, the reach.  MTV has ****** Britney over many times, but this wasn't one of them. :keshawave:

I was about to say MTV did it in 2007 & 2011. Put nothing past them they knew what they were doing.

:nothavingit:

Just now, gimmemorebitches said:

Its larry fault. If you let her perform after beyonce than you need to match beys performance production,budget and length wise. 

That's just it. 

It's the production values and the epic length of Beyonce's performance that detracted from Britney's...even if they'd put one performance in between it would have come across much differently.

3 minutes ago, gimmemorebitches said:

Its larry fault. If you let her perform after beyonce than you need to match beys performance production,budget and length wise. 

This. Beyonce's performance is the caliber Britney should be at in her career if not more. She gave us a safe performance which is fine but people have big expectations when it comes to Britney. I used to bypass the fact she lipsyncs because she used to give her all dancing or gives us a visual feast. She could've easily sang live especially for the Me, Myself, and I part. Just that alone would have made a big difference. People are slowly jumping off the train because of this. They want to hear her in the moment. She looked happy at least. I don't know why but the budget for this era is cheap as ****. :chickendance:

4 minutes ago, GodneyJean said:

This. Beyonce's performance is the caliber Britney should be at in her career if not more. She gave us a safe performance which is fine but people have big expectations when it comes to Britney. I used to bypass the fact she lipsyncs because she used to give her all dancing or gives us a visual feast. She could've easily sang live especially for the Me, Myself, and I part. Just that alone would have made a big difference. People are slowly jumping off the train because of this. They want to hear her in the moment. She looked happy at least. I don't know why but the budget for this era is cheap as ****. :chickendance:

It does seem really cheap! Circus had SO much and even the Femme Fatale era performances had a lot. And It just completely baffles me that they would bring out another microphone for her to just stand there and lip sync during her big moment.

Archived