About Glory's debut position.

Freakshow__

Number one albums are cool. I know. But they're not everything. I would rather a cool era with promo, singles and longevity.

Madonna's debut album peaked at number 8 and before "Music" went number 1 she spent 11 years without a number 1 album (Like A Prayer, 1989). 

Mariah spent 9 years without a number one album until The Emancipation Of Mimi was released. 

Britney went number 1 in 2011 with Femme Fatale. That was 5 years ago. And she's still relevant battling for a number 1 album with a country band who has the biggest country single of the year. Also Barbra Streisand who is a living legend and has a huge fan base. 

The fact that after 18 years Britney is expected to debut with similar numbers to Selena Gomez and Meghan Trainor, two of the biggest acts at the moment worldwide, that says a lot and shows how relevant Britney still is to this day.

Save your meltdowns to yourself if Glory doesn't debut at number 1. Enjoy seeing Britney promoting and performing like she haven't done since 2004. 

BTW we still have 5 days left to stream, buy and gift. If you want that number 1 album make it happen. BUY + STREAM + GIFT. :donewithit:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BritintheZone said:

Babe! Eres lindo pero si importa un poquito. Despues de un fracaso de Britney Jean lo necesita . Era mas daño al su legado.

pero que puedemos a se? Nada so ayudar y monte todo nuestro  esfuerzo:saycheese:

Madonna had several "flops" in the 90s and she was even called desperate and irrelevant. Glory can have longevity and that's also important. And also you should consider Make Me was a risky choice for a lead single. This whole album is very different and the fact that she did it after a flop album gives her more credit. 

The goal never was a number 1 album but quality. 

I'm really with this era so far. :carpoolney:

24 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

Number one albums are cool. I know. But they're not everything. I would rather a cool era with promo, singles and longevity.

Madonna's debut album peaked at number 8 and before "Music" went number 1 she spent 11 years without a number 1 album (Like A Prayer, 1989). 

Mariah spent 9 years without a number one album until The Emancipation Of Mimi was released. 

Britney went number 1 in 2011 with Femme Fatale. That was 5 years ago. And she's still relevant battling for a number 1 album with a country band who has the biggest country single of the year. Also Barbra Streisand who is a living legend and has a huge fan base. 

The fact that after 18 years Britney is expected to debut with similar numbers to Selena Gomez and Meghan Trainor, two of the biggest acts at the moment worldwide, that says a lot and shows how relevant Britney still is to this day.

Save your meltdowns to yourself if Glory doesn't debut at number 1. Enjoy seeing Britney promoting and performing like she haven't done since 2004. 

BTW we still have 5 days left to stream, buy and gift. If you want that number 1 album make it happen. BUY + STREAM + GIFT. :donewithit:

Selena Gomez a  little but Meghan Trainor WHO??

Nope they are not so big worldwide because you know them in USA.

If they came for a concert in Greece maybe 100 people maximum would attend..

But IF Britney came we were gonna need the Olympic Stadium of 70-80.000 people for her..

So yes.She can have that #1! It's Britney ******* after all!

Just now, Greek_Fan said:

But IF Britney came we were gonna need the Olympic Stadium of 70-80.000 people for her..

LOL Selena Gomez is famous worldwide and she has had very successful world tours... With her current tour she's been all over the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, she will be going to Sweden, Finland, Norway, France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Dubai, Germany, Brasil, Mexico, she was also in ChIna.. so lmao.

I think its hilarious really when fans try to downplay the success of others, as if that makes Britney more successful. Britney is Britney, she's been in the industry since 1997... But she is certainly not the only one, and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with other women being successful in pop.

Greece is not a defining country in the success of artists, it's not one of the mains market.

1 minute ago, mrjspears said:

I agree but (in my opinion) this album deserves to be number one! She clearly put the work in and it shows! She deserves it! (I blame the Make Me video) but I'm so proud of Queen B either way!

She totally deserves it. Maybe if they would've release the original video things could be different. Britney's music videos always have a huge impact on her songs. This time that didn't happen.

but like I said we still have FIVE days to make that number one album happen. I'm streaming nonstop since it was released on Spotify :sofedup:

15 minutes ago, Greek_Fan said:

Μάθε τους κάτι φίλε !!!

4 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

LOL Selena Gomez is famous worldwide and she has had very successful world tours... With her current tour she's been all over the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, she will be going to Sweden, Finland, Norway, France, Netherlands, Italy, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland, Dubai, Germany, Brasil, Mexico, she was also in ChIna.. so lmao.

I think its hilarious really when fans try to downplay the success of others, as if that makes Britney more successful. Britney is Britney, she's been in the industry since 1997... But she is certainly not the only one, and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with other women being successful in pop.

Greece is not a defining country in the success of artists, it's not one of the mains market.

You misanderstood baby. Nobody tries to downplay Selenas success.I'm just saying what it is in my country.I like "like a love a song".But thats what it is here..

Britney is SO superstar nad nobody is aware or care about the others. :)

Just now, Greek_Fan said:

You misanderstood baby. Nobody tries to downplay Selenas success.I'm just saying what it is in my country.I like "like a love a song".But thats what it is here..

Britney is SO superstar nad nobody is aware or care about the others. :)

This is not about Selena and you missed the point I was trying to make. I couldn't care less about Selena. It's the fact that some fans try to downplay the success of others (giving erroneous facts) as if that would make Britney more successful... The success of others is irrelevant to Britney's success. I'm sure people that are not fans of Britney would be saying the same thing, that no one cares for her blah blah... Heck, even in the US they do, and it's clearly a lie.

Archived