About Glory's debut position.

Freakshow__

2 minutes ago, Greek_Fan said:

You misanderstood baby. Nobody tries to downplay Selenas success.I'm just saying what it is in my country.I like "like a love a song".But thats what it is here..

Britney is SO superstar nad nobody is aware or care about the others. :)

I got your point. Here in Venezuela Britney actually sells more albums than Selena, Gaga, Katy or Beyonce. 

But in the US she's still doing good. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Freakshow__ said:

Number one albums are cool. I know. But they're not everything. I would rather a cool era with promo, singles and longevity.

Madonna's debut album peaked at number 8 and before "Music" went number 1 she spent 11 years without a number 1 album (Like A Prayer, 1989). 

Mariah spent 9 years without a number one album until The Emancipation Of Mimi was released. 

Britney went number 1 in 2011 with Femme Fatale. That was 5 years ago. And she's still relevant battling for a number 1 album with a country band who has the biggest country single of the year. Also Barbra Streisand who is a living legend and has a huge fan base. 

The fact that after 18 years Britney is expected to debut with similar numbers to Selena Gomez and Meghan Trainor, two of the biggest acts at the moment worldwide, that says a lot and shows how relevant Britney still is to this day.

Save your meltdowns to yourself if Glory doesn't debut at number 1. Enjoy seeing Britney promoting and performing like she haven't done since 2004. 

BTW we still have 5 days left to stream, buy and gift. If you want that number 1 album make it happen. BUY + STREAM + GIFT. :donewithit:

Agreed! B Army be streaming like

giphy.gif

The only thing that bothers me about the BB200 is the fact it's all a matter of the release date. There should be a minimum sales number to determine if an album is worth the first spot, IDK, I can't with basic acts getting a #1 with like 45 sales because of the lack of competition. I'm bitter. :dontlike:

Archived