James Corden shaded Britney in 2008. Said she was "still a bit mental"

Werrrrkkkkit

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-x-factor/news/a137118/corden-slams-britneys-x-factor-miming/

To quote the fat mess:

"Here's a group of people not trained, not sold five million albums, not all that stuff, coming out singing live every week and being judged really harshly. Then out comes Britney Spears, mimes a sort of half-****d performance of the thing and then leaves to go and play at Heaven tonight at midnight. I was just watching it going: 'You're still a bit mental'."

EDIT: I posted this well before Carpool Karaoke was officially announced and now the thread has found its way to the top again. I stand by my comments - yes it's in the past, and maybe her performance did deserve to be dragged, but I can't forgive his comments towards her mental health status given that it was a miracle that she was even alive in 2008. HOWEVER, I don't agree with some of the comments about dragging him on twitter. We do not need any negative promo this era. Britney's camp might not even be aware of these comments so let's not make it a thing. Let it die!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

What he said was harsh, but she wasn't doing much dancing for the X-Factor performance. He should definitely apologize for the mental comment though.

Im just looking forward to hearing her live vocals on carpool karaoke

The X factor performance was part of a major breakthrough for Britney considering that 12 months prior there were Christian prayer groups all over the world asking people to pray for the life of Britney Spears. Comedian or not, the "mental" comment and the mockery towards her performance was disgusting. I've never liked him since and I'm guessing her team didn't do too much research on him because that article took me less than a minute to find. 

Nonetheless it will be good promo if they pull it off which is good for the era

**** that he said that but that performance ruined Brit over here. The backlash was incredible. I was a new fan and was shocked, the papers, news, mags and tv shows tore her apart. A few shows actually parodied her performance in a negative way.

Even though it was her come back I honestly think this was out equivalent of the VMA 2007 in terms of reception.

Basically I wouldn't worry about it, it's ancient history at this stage.

I liked it though haha first performance I watched as a fan!

We always tell people to forget about Briney's 2007 when they bash her about it because it was almost a decade ago. Why doesn't same apply to James and this comment? I'm sure he has grown since, actually the whole world has grown since, back then mocking mental illness was ok, not today.

+ James seems like a really nice person.

This was 2008, *******. It's been 8 years, how can you possibly know he still feels the same now as he did then? I bashed Britney like everyone else did back in 2009, but by 2011 i would've killed for her. Still would.

Furthermore how the **** you know that he hasn't apologized to her yet? For all you know, that was one of the conditions of her appearance and the reason why she hasn't shown up on it until now.

**** outta here with your ignorance.

Tbh though, if we hold everyone responsible for what they said a decade ago, Britney would run out of people to work with.  Not that what he said wasn't wrong but eh...think of all the dumb **** we all did 8 years ago. Anyway not like he's gonna be her next husband or something, she's just appearing for promo which is gonna be real good for her. Use him and lose him. 

Archived