Thoughts On Britney’s BBMA ‘16 Performance

This is an iconic Britney Spears performance. She was nervous in the beginning. But then she started enjoying it and did really amazing. It was a little funny in toxic as she was wearing that thing and i believe was a second late with choreo. But breathe slave and touch were really amazing. The moves were simple but she delievered them with sharpness and seksyness. i would do a lot to see this kind of performance maybe with less songs. 

• Love 6

I LIVED for it! I dunno what was going on in mid 2015 through 2016 but she was feeling herself and she seemed to genuinely have a good time. Then like a light switch you could see how much anxiety she had on stage during POM in Vegas. It was so sad to watch because she was STRUGGLING! 
I'm glad as a fan I got to experience her though during another peak because tbh I didn’t think we’d ever get one! 

• Love 7

Loved it then and love it now. 

it was a great performance but also a great moment as a fan to watch and know she was nervous and know it was a big deal and she delivered. 

never bothered me there wasn’t a new song but always bothered me that BOM , TOMH and ILRNR were performed. Enjoy these songs but not for a greatest hits awards performance. Should have been BOMT/OOPS/ Gimme More/ TTWE in my opinion 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

The best part about this performance is how loved she is, you can how see all these fellow celebrities LOVE to watch her do well. That alone makes it pretty special to me. 

She also did great, of course. The beginning is a bit uncomfortable to watch cause you can just sense the anxiety, but other than that - it’s her true “comeback” performance. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, PolySpears said:

is everyone ignoring that she sung work b live? no backing track?

and that Slave and Toxic had pre-recorded + live vocals? HMM? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

My poor friend. There were 0 live vocals. They precorded new WB vocals from the dress rehearsal and she lipped to those. New adlibs at the start of ILR&R and Toxic, too.

They were great additions for sure! But her microphone was off/disconnected as usual. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

The dance breaks in Womaniser and the Slave original choreo were highlights for me.

She looked like a Queen. 
I am so proud of this performance.

I’m happy that when you go on YouTube, for new fans or GenZ, they will still be able to see this as her most recent high profile performance and be impressed. For sure it’s not VMA2001, but it’s definitely better than VMA2016.  

• Love 7
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Derrick said:

I LIVED for it! I dunno what was going on in mid 2015 through 2016 but she was feeling herself and she seemed to genuinely have a good time. Then like a light switch you could see how much anxiety she had on stage during POM in Vegas. It was so sad to watch because she was STRUGGLING! 
I'm glad as a fan I got to experience her though during another peak because tbh I didn’t think we’d ever get one! 

I agree with you, she definitely had some spark during that time. Just think about some of her Glory era music, you could sense more personality, & passion with her singing for sure —but yes, I also loved this performance. She did amazingly.

Edited by DoYouDare?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.