Unpopular Opinion: I still don't like "Hold Me Closer" by Elton John & Britney. Do you guys still enjoy it?

I liked it, but the leaked version spoiled it for me, now whenever I hear the official I feel like it's missing something.

Also, I did get to hear Hold Me Closer at a lot of places, from restaurants to stores, at parties, etc, which you'd think it'd have a positive impact on me, but it actually does the opposite. There's nothing I hate more than when something that is "just mine" gets adopted by the general public. Like, they just ruin it for me :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

I respect that, and I won’t try to force you to feel any other way.

I think the final mix could have featured more Britney, but I feel a connection and warmth from the whole production overall.

Music is a personal experience. Sometimes you just don’t get it. Sometimes it flows into you and fills you up!

I happen to really love this. My other half happens to prefer Elton’s original. (He has no taste… jokes)

:fran_frog_meme_green:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, buzwei2005 said:

you don't have to love every song that britney is involved with… and you surely don't need to voice negativity out.

on that note, tell me what’s your favourite Britney song and why? (I know it ain’t HMC :p)

Probably "Blur" because I can relate to it and it's just a great moody, vibes song. I have loved it since it released. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, rebellion_is_the_way said:

I don’t like it. I probably listen to it once or twice. Her vocals are not up the Britney level. Same thing happened when she covered Tom’s diner. 

I miss hearing the freshness of her voice:

not edited, not played and no voice tricks.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Britney's cover of Tom's Diner.  I think her voice suits that song.  Link is below for those who haven't heard it.  Love `Anticipating` as well.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.