A dumb reason why "She'll Never Be Me" ended up being unreleased

3 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

This is one of those things that's been repeated so much over the years yet we have no real evidence for

I know years ago someone on PopJustice posted an alleged press release where She'll Never Be Me was listed as part of the album tracklist but it appears to have been removed

Yeah, a lot of misinformation stems from that unreleased songs site that was pretty popular some years ago. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

That is so dumb.. for real. I guess they really wanted to make S4U a bigger hit. But it’s so redundant to include the song, especially with  it being the Album version. We could have had such a fun track..

At the very least we should have gotten the alternate mix of Bombastic Love as a B-side which is still unreleased 23 years later despite it clearly being mastered and ready for release since Jive went as far as teasing it on the 'Britney' DVD, not only that but on the German exclusive ILRNR single they included the Alex G (who produced She'll Never Be Me) mix of Overprotected so clearly they had no problem including random mixes on international maxi-singles

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Eternalhouse said:

The 'Britney' era has a lot of moments I feel are unexplainable. She'll never be me is also one of my fav unreleased, maybe cuz it was kinda like the OG 'leaked' songs. I remember it was leaked online soon after the release of the album. So I just burned a new 'Britney' CD with SNBM and the song from Herbal essence LOL.

I’ve got the urge. I can’t wait another minute yay I got the urge to herbal. Such a bop. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Can’t believe it didn’t make the album but “Bombastic Love” did. Her team was always horrible with track lists.

Bombastic Love slays, you flop. We could've had both. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

9 minutes ago, Pattycakes said:

I’ve got the urge. I can’t wait another minute yay I got the urge to herbal. Such a bop. 

I'm so mad the full version hasn't leaked yet.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Eternalhouse said:

The 'Britney' era has a lot of moments I feel are unexplainable. She'll never be me is also one of my fav unreleased, maybe cuz it was kinda like the OG 'leaked' songs. I remember it was leaked online soon after the release of the album. So I just burned a new 'Britney' CD with SNBM and the song from Herbal essence LOL.

Yeah that might be why it went unreleased in the end. It's annoying though cause the version that leaked in 2001 wasn't the full song and repeated the first verse after the first chorus. The full song leaked in 2008.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.