Normani Announces Debut Album Dopamine’s Release Date, Debuts First Single ’1:59′ With Gunna

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2024 at 7:39 PM, 2K16NEY said:

Boring song.

No performances, no visuals, no promo, no interviews, Normani gives us NOTHING. Why is she and her team like this. 

She's coming... :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious:

April 2024 Cut Cover: Normani on Finally Releasing Dopaminex

Edited by Louis-j
6 hours ago, AII said:

What do we think this album is going to debut at?? Top 20? Top 500?

My guess is week 1 will be #30-40.. second week out of the top 200

Thoughts?:peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Is the album still coming tho? This song didn’t enter Spotify or Apple top 100, it’s very telling 

3 hours ago, Style. said:

Is the album still coming tho? This song didn’t enter Spotify or Apple top 100, it’s very telling 

I didn't even realize the song had come out yet.. just had a listen ... It's not bad.. better than I expected and love that sound.  She didn't need a rapper. I'm sure the label demanded it.  I'm so sick of her trying to look "****"  just be you. Otherwise it's cringe 

• Like 1
On 4/27/2024 at 7:08 PM, AII said:

I sort of disagree. I don't think much talent or potential was gone to waste. I don't think there was much talent or potential to begin with. I really don't. Camilla got lucky. But even shes been mostly a flop after the first album..... If u don't do what the label tells u, then ur a flop. Most ppl love the product. Not the person. And when the person releases "their most personal lyrics to date" they flop. Nobody cares ! Not everyone can be Taylor Swift or Adele. The GP wants good music. Lyrics avoid NOTHING. Just good music. Let's not pretend she's the next Beyonce.  She's just another D list celebrity trying to make it in the industry. She's never gonna have a big career. She will always be trying and you just knowwwwwwww the album (if it's ever released) will not crack the top 20 and the second week it's definitely out of the top 100

That’s mean.

Normani is quite talented. I think she’d already be doing better if she was performing more, because it’s her forte.

Turning her mic ON and avoiding prerecorded vocals would likely help too.

38 minutes ago, AII said:

I didn't even realize the song had come out yet.. just had a listen ... It's not bad.. better than I expected and love that sound.  She didn't need a rapper. I'm sure the label demanded it.  I'm so sick of her trying to look "****"  just be you. Otherwise it's cringe 

Yeah, I agree. The song isn't bad at all. If you're into classic R&B, you'd definitely enjoy this track. It's reminiscent of Aaliyah's style. However, it's intristing how the general public isn't resonating with Normani for some reason. Is it because of the slow tempo? I don't think so, considering artists like Summer Walker, SZA, and Muni Long have connected with the audience while doing slower R&B. Perhaps Normani's main target audience is pop fans who prefer dance or uptempo songs. IMO

The aesthetic is not the best either… like that album cover is just not it.

• Like 1

I think the album is gonna be canceled because the single is underperforming. :/ Pop doesn’t want it rnb doesn’t want it. Adult contemporary says no.  Its initial spins are staggeringly low. I asked my cousin if she knows Normnani and she never heard of her 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block