David LaChapelle: ‘There aren’t people like Britney and Paris Hilton in the zeitgeist anymore’

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HearMeOnYourRadio said:

I loved Paris of that time. However she was not the first, but more so a really rebellious reboot of the socialite. 

People with notable names from notable families were the first celebrities, long before entertainers. 

the barbie look, the little dogs, bimbo dumb blonde persona, reality tv show (the simple life) and private tape made her famous at that time...iconic it girl and "party girl"...

she was everywhere back in the day... before the kardashians, hadids, housewives

movies were made like legally blonde, white chicks etc

this-is-iconic-paris-hilton.gif

ghows-LK-2408e41c-af18-4782-a7e1-3ca41c3

Edited by that's hot y'all
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SJK said:

I mean Paris was the it girl, model and first celeb to be famous for nothing, she ran the Hollywood night life and everyone wanted to party with her 

A trailblazer is someone who opens up roads that were blocked before. Someone who starts something that nobody else quite figured out how to do. breaking bareers and sometimes oppression. How is being a bimbo, representing just another face of the very epitome of aspirational model that has always been sold, defined as a trailblazer?  Was she popular? Yes. Was she famous? Yes, but trailblazer is wrongly used. She was hosting parties because she was a white, rich girl with connections, followed by paparazzi, which offered an opportunity for some social climbers to become somewhst relevant or appear on a mag. None of her popularity was because she had any talent or she was doing anything useful, innovative. I mean, she was going by the book and fittign perfectly into the system. 

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 1
  • Like 2
17 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

I understand what he meant but he shouldn't insult Britney comparing her to Paris Hilton. Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Yeah, the title sounded like shade but what he actually said is ok.

I hate that she literally went out 2-3 times with that h.o and people act like they were bff’s for years. Poor Britney, overworked for years, gets a divorce, parties for a few weeks and BAM. Conservatorship. She was never a totally trashy party girl like Paris and Lindsay. 

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I hate that she literally went out 2-3 times with that h.o and people act like they were bff’s for years. Poor Britney, overworked for years, gets a divorce, parties for a few weeks and BAM. Conservatorship. She was never a totally trashy party girl like Paris and Lindsay. 

It's sad because I already saw people claiming Britney was just a privileged girl like the Kardashians and Paris... like she became famous because she was already rich.

A lot of people have no idea Britney was actually talented and had to work hard to build an empire of her own. They remember the wild party Britney, the shaved head Britney and now the instagram Britney. 

The forced friendship with Paris is even more pushed since Cade Hudson took over Britney life and career. Paris literally promotes herself mentioning Britney every opportunity she has...

Britney should be compared with people like Madonna, Beyonce, Taylor.

She is compared with untalented socialite attention seekers.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Bigno said:

A trailblazer is someone who opens up roads that were blocked before. Someone who starts something that nobody else quite figured out how to do. breaking bareers and sometimes oppression. How is being a bimbo, representing just another face of the very epitome of aspirational model that has always been sold, defined as a trailblazer?  Was she popular? Yes. Was she famous? Yes, but trailblazer is wrongly used. She was hosting parties because she was a white, rich girl with connections, followed by paparazzi, which offered an opportunity for some social climbers to become somewhst relevant or appear on a mag. None of her popularity was because she had any talent or she was doing anything useful, innovative. I mean, she was going by the book and fittign perfectly into the system. 

Ok 

9 hours ago, Bigno said:

A trailblazer is someone who opens up roads that were blocked before. Someone who starts something that nobody else quite figured out how to do.

Being the first famous for being famous maybe... Also The Simple Life was the first reality show with famous persons. She's like the first Influencer. I don't care or like Paris Hilton, only im arguing.

Edited by descg
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, descg said:

Being the first famous for being famous maybe... Also The Simple Life was the first reality show with famous persons. She's like the first Influencer. I don't care or like Paris Hilton, only im arguing.

I agree. Famous she was. I guess I was just expressing my opposition towards calling any celebrity a trailblazer. There are certain words such as genius, trailblazer, life changing, artist and so on that we use lightly nowadays. And with all due respect to LaChapelle, to put Britney and Paris in the same category seems unfair to Britney. She was iconic in a way Paris could never. It is like saying Kim Kardashian and Madonna are the same just because both are globally known. 

Edited by Bigno
1 hour ago, Bigno said:

I agree. Famous she was. I guess I was just expressing my opposition towards calling any celebrity a trailblazer. There are certain words such as genius, trailblazer, life changing, artist and so on that we use lightly nowadays. And with all due respect to LaChapelle, to put Britney and Paris in the same category seems unfair to Britney. She was iconic in a way Paris could never. It is like saying Kim Kardashian and Madonna are the same just because both are globally known. 

I think the same. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

„people AND PARIS act like they were bff‘s for years.“ :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

I mean, Paris is boring. Her persona and PR is boring. She's not the first famous for being famous. Zsa Zsa Gabor was the first famous for nothing, but at least she was witty-funny.

This. And of we dig deeper, we would find more people before

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block