30 minutes ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

I agree that it's a weird song and doesn't have that much replay value compared to other songs

What I really love about Britney are those hidden gems in her albums that only true fans know about

Showdown is severely underrated, even by “true fans”. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red: That song is brilliant, her iconic “whaaaaw”, the beat, the guitar… 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, PlatinumB said:

stand disagree GIF Trouble is that gurl! Still sounds so fresh to this day! 

She sounds like she recorded it with one take, as if she just read the script and someone edited the vocals, completely uninterested, just "give it to me, record me reading it and do something with it :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:"

• Haha 1
Just now, Wendy Williams said:

She sounds like she recorded it with one take, as if she just read the script and someone edited the vocals, completely uninterested, just "give it to me, record me reading it and do something with it :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:"

But then that's the whole Circus album? She was literally forced to do that album :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: I will admit the production of the track is the highlight!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, britneyleaks2006 said:

Sonically they were the coolest and most progressive/innovative producers she worked with; no one else could replicate their style. It was so experimental, edgy and weird... They really had their own vibe and unique sound.

It was like, so Britney-esque, you feel me? When I think of Britney, I'm all about "Radar," "Toxic," and "Piece of Me." 

It sucks big time that she cut ties with them after "Circus" and "How I Roll" ! Seriously, no one else even came close to Bloodshy & Avant.

When it came to pushing boundaries and being ahead of the curve, those guys were in a league of their own . .

yeah not lame af unusal you

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lemon said:

Radar and How I Roll are both 10s, I don't know what you're saying

I miss those risky productions from Britney. How I Roll left me speechless the first time I heard it. 

Radar is not a 10. It’s sloppy and very grating. 

Edited by BadBunny
  • Like 1

I have to agree. I love Max Martin (and he’s also up there as one of the best music producers), and her work with Danja was so good too and helped cement Blackout into the album it was… but I’ve always had such an appreciation for Bloodshy & Avant’s work with Britney, as well as other artists, and in particular their early 2000s production which often featured electronic sounds fused with loud guitars and synthy beats. 

Some of my other favourite B&A produced songs include Christina Milian’s AM To PM and When You Look At Me, Sugababes’ Supernatural, Samantha Mumba’s I’m Right Here, Melodi Brown’s Naked and Spin the Record, Ms Dynamite’s It Takes More, Rachel Stevens’ Sweet Dreams My LA Ex… so good. 

But onto Britney, they really did great tracks for her. Toxic being the most obvious example, but also Showdown, I’ve Just Begun, Chaotic, Freakshow, Unusual You, Trip To Your Heart… even How I Roll has interesting production even if the song has always been a bit meh to me.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 1

Trouble is one of my favorite Britney rare or unreleased tracks. I remember hearing that the only reason it didn't end up on the album is because it was too similar to a Madonna track. Sometimes I also love songs that the GP doesn't know about. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block