Throwback: Jessica Simpson watching the Onyx tour

2 hours ago, Fabricio Alex said:

well, if u read brit's book u know even herself didnt/dont like this tour. neither did/do I. 

ironicly, she was at her prime but this tour its NOT her best by far

DWAD Tour just set the bar way too high. It remains one of the best Tours of all time, by any artist. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, LickMyCrack said:

I never liked this tour. The music was weird and the performances were kinda nasty an everyone looked dirty. Maybe the concept was originally meant to go to Xtina but she didn't sell enough tickets

I on the other hand always liked the tour, it was mature, raw, se.x.ual, it had this darker sensual vibe plus I was lucky enough to saw it live. Overall I like it more than DWADT where I always skip the whole ballad section plus Anticipating

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

At the time I remember girls at my high school talking so much trash about Britney on this tour, especially the scenes Jessica Simp was talking about. Omg, like it was the worst thing ever. That was officially when the public turned on Britney and she was labeled a total who.re. It’s silly because this is pretty tame and not unlike what women are doing at tv award shows today. 

Right. I remember the haters trashing her during ITZ era. Ppl forget the forums were irrelevant with the GP back then. The internet was not a part of our daily lives yet. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Emil87 said:

Does anyone remember this? She was SO shocked and offended, it’s kind of funny. And also LOL at her flopping (pun intended) her Jesus Jugs around not long after in the “boots were made for walking” video. 🙄 

Also, when Nick Lachey said “who is that fat @ss” did anyone think he was talking about Britney? I remember her being criticized for her body back then cuz she was “thicker”. I was about to go in on old boy but then realized he’s talking about the tour “host” or whatever.

do you think Jessica was just jealous of Britney’s massive success in music? Or was she rightfully horrified by the overt ***uality? Discuss below.

please call it onyx hotel tour in the headline

Freaks And Geeks Nerd GIF

Shrek Film Smile GIF by Peacock

• Haha 1

I think she was trying to get ratings and controversy for her show. She knew she wasn't going to be as successful as Britney, so I think this was her way of getting attention and notoriety. I mean, it worked. Her show was a known staple at the time, and now she's a billionaire. She doesn't even need to try to be successful anymore. She quit not too long after.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I read the book girlfriend. I’m also not sure how I feel about this tour, tbh. On one hand, it was the last time we saw Primeney in action. I love the setlist, aside from the awful renditions of Baby and Oops. But the production is just subpar, especially compared to the spectacle that was DWAD tour.

but wasn't Britney kind of in control and pushing for that?

I remember she said she felt overwhelmed with DWAD production and wanted something cosier of sort...

Not sure why now she says she hated it. It also felt she was more in control of how it looked like etc. (just maybe overall she was forced to tour that's why she hated it...)

• Like 3

Not sure what the point of this thread was other than to stir unnecessary drama but it’s literally been 20 years. Life was different. Time has moved on…both women admire/respect eachother. 

Edited by BadBunny

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block