Throwback: Jessica Simpson watching the Onyx tour

19 hours ago, Emil87 said:

I don’t know what you’ve been smoking the past few days, but can I have some?

bb I saw this comment yesterday I was literally about to throw my coffee away, simple as that I abused too much in the past 4 days without noticing it 😂 ha and a pre-workout as the basis with some not so good quality sleeping 

Edited by Jup1ter
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Britney never lost her female following. I've been to lots of her shows on every tour since Onyx and her female audience has always remained huge.

Britney actually did lose a huge part of her female following from between 2003-07. I remember people talking about ***ual she had become in 2003-04 and how uncomfortable it made them feel. When Britney first burst onto the scene, I’d argue that a majority of her fans were female. Post-2007, I’d argue that a good majority of her fanbase are men. Regardless, she still has a pretty significant female following but I’d say they’re mostly casual/general public-esque fans. The type of people that admire her Y2K style and early album hits.

Edited by BadBunny
2 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Not sure what the point of this thread was other than to stir unnecessary drama but it’s literally been 20 years. Life was different. Time has moved on…both women admire/respect eachother. 

Ok girl, and what the hell is the point of YOUR threads? Go eat some beans Loretta.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Britney actually did lose a huge part of her female following from between 2003-07. I remember people talking about ***ual she had become in 2003-04 and how uncomfortable it made them feel. When Britney first burst onto the scene, I’d argue that a majority of her fans were female. Post-2007, I’d argue that a good majority of her fanbase are men. Regardless, she still has a pretty significant female following but I’d say they’re mostly casual/general public-esque fans. The type of people that admire her Y2K style and early album hits.

Britney wasn't selling over half a million copies of her album in one week post 2007 from a majority gay male fanbase, please. She has a very large gay fanbase, but overall her fanbase is varied and diverse. She may have had backlash from 2003-2007, but she also had backlash before that from people saying she was a bad role model.

6 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

Britney wasn't selling over half a million copies of her album in one week post 2007 from a majority gay male fanbase, please. She has a very large gay fanbase, but overall her fanbase is varied and diverse. She may have had backlash from 2003-2007, but she also had backlash before that from people saying she was a bad role model.

19 hours ago, BadBunny said:

I agree with both perspectives on this matter. But you have to had been around at that time to truly understand she was quite literally the most hated celebrity in public. 

Notice how i said “in public”. She sold millions of copies because everyone literally loved her behind closed doors, loved her music, but it was very uncool to show it. Str8 men would listen to all her songs, i have many str8 friends and they all admit now they are the biggest fans. Her music is some of the most catchiest music in the world. This is why she’s had such a resurgence of people saying she’s actually amazing. 

By the way - she never got this praise when the OHT was on. She was hated. Also. Her best tour.

It was a thing to literally not like Britney Spears. The women were jealous as they got older. The men wanted her and she became a “masculine” symbol. She was the s** object, what guys wanted.

Edited by A.a.A
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, A.a.A said:

I agree with both perspectives on this matter. But you have to had been around at that time to truly understand she was quite literally the most hated celebrity in public. 

Notice how i said “in public”. She sold millions of copies because everyone literally loved her behind closed doors, loved her music, but it was very uncool to show it. Str8 men would listen to all her songs, i have many str8 friends and they all admit now they are the biggest fans. Her music is some of the most catchiest music in the world. This is why she’s had such a resurgence of people saying she’s actually amazing. 

By the way - she never got this praise when the OHT was on. She was hated. Also. Her best tour.

It was a thing to literally not like Britney Spears. The women were jealous as they got older. The men wanted her and she became a “masculine” symbol. She was the s** object, what guys wanted.

I'm not disputing that a lot of people hated on her, but that doesn't mean she lost her female fanbase. She just had a lot of haters too.

• Like 2

Don’t know why Britney fans took offense to this remark. Britney always  liked pushing boundaries and being a little scandalous. This tour was intended to be racy … and Jessica is very bl**t and always says whatever comes to her mind 🤷‍♀️

Besides, Jessica has been pretty open about the jealousy she felt towards Britney and I think it’s understandable. Jess had an impressive pop career but her team was always making her feel like crap because she wasn’t a living legend like B. 

Edited by KatieKat
On 4/3/2024 at 4:42 PM, BlackoutITZ said:

Britney never lost her female following. I've been to lots of her shows on every tour since Onyx and her female audience has always remained huge.

As a straight woman I can say I thought of her as a bad *** performer that put on a show.

Secure women support other women. Secure humans support other humans, there is room for everyone.

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block