How come Britney didn’t record background vocals for “Blackout”?

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, rocXtar said:

Not true hunty, since Bs vocals are layered and mixed with Keri Hilson and co.

it gives it a nicer feel and distinctive sonic experience .

Truth Facts GIF by Retro Future E-Girl

Vocals being mixed in with another singer’s isn’t background vocals. Learn what the definition of a fact is and then get back to me. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Personally, it’s more artistic when the artist records their own background vocals. I understand when she didn’t during the BOMT/Oops days when heavy choruses were in as that was the Swedish pop trend. But just look at “Slave 4 U” / “Make Me” and how sonically euphoric the choruses sound.

Edited by BadBunny
14 hours ago, BadBunny said:

Vocals being mixed in with another singer’s isn’t background vocals. Learn what the definition of a fact is and then get back to me. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Personally, it’s more artistic when the artist records their own background vocals. I understand when she didn’t during the BOMT/Oops days when heavy choruses were in as that was the Swedish pop trend. But just look at “Slave 4 U” / “Make Me” and how sonically euphoric the choruses sound.

She literally recorded bg vocals on BOMT, OIDIA, STRONGER, LUCKY…like what are you talking about?! Also she does backing vocals on several songs on Blackout. 

• Love 2

Imagine calling someone lazy when they were a executive producer of said album and lol lead vocals on all tracks :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: Can I ask what have you been doing today sweetie?spacer.png My bet is sat on ya flat as s typing out troll comments and threads. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Lex993 said:

She literally recorded bg vocals on BOMT, OIDIA, STRONGER, LUCKY…like what are you talking about?! Also she does backing vocals on several songs on Blackout. 

Did she?! Omg. I was always under the impression that her bg vocalists from the Cheiron days were Max and Nana Hadin. 

I think it was a decision based on the style of production they wanted. True Britney's personal life was stressful but we know she recorded a lot of material for the Blackout sessions and she does have backing vocals on some songs. This wasn't a case like BJ where she was barely involved, she was the executive producer and everyone that worked with her on the album said she was a boss and got what she wanted.

Some songs on Blackout have added flavor because of the backing vocals being by other singers. Keri adds a lot to the album and the male vocals add for some really nice contrast, I can't imagine the album with them taken away. At that point it's a stylistic choice.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

As I remember the years she recorded Blackout, it's a miracle she recorded so many songs considering she was papped 24/7 and only a few times leaving the recording studio.

Exactly she was like in the studio 30 minutes, did her thing, and then gone. I guess Hot As Ice was recorded like this and needed like one take if I'm not wrong.

6 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I remember her cooing and choking on ice throughout her background vocals. I think there was a clip somewhere. So, I do believe the self-induced choking really elevated the grittiness of Blackout.

"Zing that I got" 

:ramona_dancing_bathing_suit: 

It's the break the ice sessions. It's on YouTube.

• Love 1
On 3/31/2024 at 3:36 AM, BadBunny said:

= Harmonies/layered vocals :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block