Justin’s album BOMBS - #4 first week

On 3/21/2024 at 1:36 AM, j4j05 said:

It’s a great album though! Much better than Man of the Woods. Too bad.

I guess Taylor will win Album of the Year again 😩. Or maybe Beyoncé will finally win it. Another 😩

Neither of these albums has come out. And we are only in March. You never know what could happen. 

Dang he’s really over tbh except for potentially reuniting with Nsync. I don’t even think this can all be attributed to B’s book, he has had so many issues (Janet etc) and ppl are just over him. Most of the songs I didn’t care for but Drown and Flame are great, I think Flame is one of his best songs ever - and I totally think it is about Britney lol. She legit inspires his best work :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: ‘I got receipts, you got receipts’ makes me wonder if it’s a reference to the book…

On 3/20/2024 at 5:02 PM, Broccoli Spears said:

As much as I think charts have been killed by streaming and are irrelevant, he deserved lower and I’m happy he didn’t make #1. 

I do wonder though if that generation of artists are going to continue to struggle in the charts now - specifically the US. Justin aside, JLo performed badly, Christina hasn’t had a hit album in years, Shakira’s last top 5 album was in 2010, even Britney’s last 2 offerings didn’t set the charts alight.

Of course there are still the rare artists that are doing well on the charts but generally those big 2000s artists seem to struggle to cut through these days. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

I think a lot of the fan bases grow up and probably have a family and kids and music is not their priority. Also, when you're a kid, you tend to be a fan of certain artists and the labels and the companies market that music towards younger fans because they know they obsess and go crazy over their idols and celebrities. And as you get older, it's harder to target adults in the same way. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block