Justin’s album BOMBS - #4 first week

16 hours ago, Broccoli Spears said:

As much as I think charts have been killed by streaming and are irrelevant, he deserved lower and I’m happy he didn’t make #1. 

I do wonder though if that generation of artists are going to continue to struggle in the charts now - specifically the US. Justin aside, JLo performed badly, Christina hasn’t had a hit album in years, Shakira’s last top 5 album was in 2010, even Britney’s last 2 offerings didn’t set the charts alight.

Of course there are still the rare artists that are doing well on the charts but generally those big 2000s artists seem to struggle to cut through these days. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

I agree. Charts aren't the same there are too many rules now. People care more about snippets for their social media than they do a well thought out album.

I like that it hasn't deterred him though artist like him and beyonce put thought into a record and they will give it longevity. Charts are just numbers. I will say with all this though it makes it even more impressive when someone can get to number 1. But his core fan audience will always love him.

I don't think anyone's mind will Chan about him either way so he just needs to make music he loves and keep it moving. Touring is where the money is at anyways and I saw this is set to be his highest grossing tour yet. Most likely due to people hoping to see *Nsync

On 3/20/2024 at 1:36 PM, j4j05 said:

It’s a great album though! Much better than Man of the Woods. Too bad.

I guess Taylor will win Album of the Year again 😩. Or maybe Beyoncé will finally win it. Another 😩

It’s sad Jay-Z pulled a Kanye and did the “woe is me” act for his wife at the Grammy’s because now regardless of the quality of the music they’re going to give her the award because Gen Z will cry and scream about them giving the grammy to a white woman over a black woman who’s the most Grammy awarded person but lacking this one award. That’s the entire reason she’s going country. She wants that award and Jay-Z’s speech was the beginning of that campaign the Grammy’s will no doubt comply with :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Edited by Houdin
  • Like 1
On 3/19/2024 at 11:47 PM, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

That's a shame! I don't think I was this interested in him since Futuresounds/s**?.  Actually going to see him on tour. 

I really think they should revamp album sales. Most people buy vinyls or zine editions these days. 

Well those are included in sales 

On 3/20/2024 at 12:02 AM, Broccoli Spears said:

As much as I think charts have been killed by streaming and are irrelevant, he deserved lower and I’m happy he didn’t make #1. 

I do wonder though if that generation of artists are going to continue to struggle in the charts now - specifically the US. Justin aside, JLo performed badly, Christina hasn’t had a hit album in years, Shakira’s last top 5 album was in 2010, even Britney’s last 2 offerings didn’t set the charts alight.

Of course there are still the rare artists that are doing well on the charts but generally those big 2000s artists seem to struggle to cut through these days. Will be interesting to see what happens. 

Shakira is breaking it though 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block