It wasn't Guy Chambers who produced the song 'Strangest Love'

Fans say it was produced in the In The Zone era. Here's a screenshot of the messages exchanged between account LonelyProductions and the producer who denied having produced it saying she did 'Sacred' with Brit. 

Captura-de-tela-2024-03-13-151513.png

• Like 1

This a tricky subject as more often than not a certain section of this fanbase end up harassing people in the industry in demands for answers

Since Guy has both confirmed and then denied his involvement with the song, the only thing we know for certain is as with all the other demos leaked by britfan505 it was recorded during the Circus sessions

I do find it funny that some people still insist this is a 2002 track, such a weird hill to die on, especially considering how heavily produced Britney's few vocals on this song are compared to the roughness of literally every single other ITZ demo

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

This a tricky subject as more often than not a certain section of this fanbase end up harassing people in the industry in demands for answers

Since Guy has both confirmed and then denied his involvement with the song, the only thing we know for certain is as with all the other demos leaked by britfan505 it was recorded during the Circus sessions

I do find it funny that some people still insist this is a 2002 track, such a weird hill to die on, especially considering how heavily produced Britney's few vocals on this song are compared to the roughness of literally every single other ITZ demo

Are you suggesting this is from Circus then??? Interesting. I’m actually not sure what era these vocals sound like. They are very sugary though, and often times I find myself being more turned off by the song than not beyond the production. 

Edited by rik
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

britfan505 also leaked the solo Sippin On, which is ITZ, the alternative Over To You Know, which was also early ITZ, and the original And Then We Kiss, which was also In the Zone and heavily produced. The vocals sound way less mature for a Circus or Blackout production, sounds more like late 2003 or even 2004, which is still ITZ since I've Just Begun was released during that time span. This also does not sound like a demo, but more of a final production.

I do find it weird that Chambers would confirm this, if that happened, and then deny it to at least 2 people (that is one of the caps, another user also contacted him prior that and he denied producing the song). What I wonder is how did this ended up being registered with Chambers and Brian McFadden as writers. Also, who actually registered it.

An also interesting data is that the guy who did the cover for Strangest Love and released it last year told the fans that he credited Chambers because the registered date says so, but he used an AI instrumental, so there was no involvement of the official producers.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

britfan505 also leaked the solo Sippin On, which is ITZ, the alternative Over To You Know, which was also late ITZ, and the original And Then We Kiss, which was also In the Zone and heavily produced. The vocals sound way less mature for a Circus or Blackout production, sounds more like late 2003 or even 2004, which is still ITZ since I've Just Begun was released during that time span). This also does not sound like a demo, but more of a final production.

I do find it weird that Chambers would confirm this, if that happened, and then deny it to at least 2 people (that is one of the caps, another user also contacted him prior that and he denied producing the song). What I wonder is how did this ended up being registered with Chambers and Brian McFadden as writers. Also, who actually registered it.

An also interesting data is that the guy who did the cover for Strangest Love and released it last year told the fans that he credited Chambers because the registered date says so, but he used an AI instrumental, so there was no involvement of the official producers.

I have a theory that Chambers leaked this himself and now is backtracking to avoid any legal repercussion, even though it’s been out for years.  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, rik said:

I have a theory that Chambers leaked this himself and now is backtracking to avoid any legal repercussion, even though it’s been out for years.  

That’s an interesting theory!!

51 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

I’ve always personally thought the song sounded like a Blackout reject. Fits in well with her voice in 2006 and the production sounds more akin to that than ITZ or Circus IMO

• Love 1
  • Like 1

To me, her vocals in this always sounded like peak Britney era.

No way SL is Circus era, her voice is too young girlie sounding whereas in Circus, her voice is way more mature.

Also, it doesn't feel like an ITZ song at all, ITZ was supposed to be more urban/**** and they went with it. Strangest Love hasn't got any of the vibes of ITZ. 

To me, it does have the vibes and that same girlish voice that the Britney era has. 

The production also has typical fairytale/enchanting sound effects in it, which was often used during the first 3 albums.

Perhaps I am being delusional but her voice definitely sounds like Britney era to me ever since it leaked...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

No way SL is Circus era, her voice is too young girlie sounding whereas in Circus, her voice is way more mature.

Also, it doesn't feel like an ITZ song at all, ITZ was supposed to be more urban/**** and they went with it. Strangest Love hasn't got any of the vibes of ITZ. 

To me, it does have the vibes and that same girlish voice that the Britney era has. 

The production also has typical fairytale/enchanting sound effects in it, which was often used during the first 3 albums.

Perhaps I am being delusional but her voice definitely sounds like Britney era to me ever since it leaked...

The vocals DO sound very light and high pitched, and remind me of the way her vocal technique was during Britney too. Honestly, the Britney era vocals are weaker compared to Oops, but also weaker compared to Blackout. I think that’s why some people are theorizing it’s from the Circus sessions. I personally do see this being an outtake from ITZ though, even though it’s significantly different from the other tracks. But then again, we also have tracks from ITZ like Instant Deja Vu which sound so different from other final and demo tracks from ITZ

Edited by rik
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, LeglessJamie said:

ITZ also has heavy productions like Over To You Know and And Then We Kiss, so it does fit.

6 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

That’s an interesting theory!!

I’ve always personally thought the song sounded like a Blackout reject. Fits in well with her voice in 2006 and the production sounds more akin to that than ITZ or Circus IMO

The production is heavy, but some tracks from ITZ like Over To You Know and And Then We Kiss were heavy on production too.

9 minutes ago, rik said:

That's interesting...

i feel like artists have this in between era tracks to test vocals and style

and its a lot going to trash just bc is not the right commercial vibe, could you imaginehow many britney or justin bieber songs that are in the trash bc of this in between sessions

some really go to other artists and re worked or lead to another inspired track, but majority is really there lost

32 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

britfan505 also leaked the solo Sippin On, which is ITZ, the alternative Over To You Know, which was also late ITZ, and the original And Then We Kiss, which was also In the Zone and heavily produced. This also does not sound like a demo, but more of a final production

Over to You Now was one of the first songs recorded for ITZ and was in fact the first song she did with Sigsworth. While I can't longer found it, I can personally vouch that I once found an article on the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet where Robyn mentioned talking on the phone with Britney about her having one of her songs around the time she recorded Everytime. Imogen Heap also talks about it here

I wasn't there when it happened but the few reports I was able to find that mentioned britfan only credited them with the Circus leaks. Do you have any source for the other leaks? If so I would really like to see it as it's a great part of this forum's history

Perhaps I should have clarified what I meant by heavily processed, while it's easy to compare it to some of the more busy ITZ tracks like Touch of My Hand, it's important to remember this is only a rough draft and as such was never mastered. This is easily proven by how tiny the original leak sounds and the fact that the demo singer's vocals are literally blended with Britney's very much akin to BJ

Even though Britney always relied on background vocalist, especially on her first two albums, it wasn't until the c-ship and the Circus album that they started doing all the heavy lifting

I always use the same example but Unusual You is a prime example of this where they pasted a melodyne'd "warm up", as Orbit put it after the Alien fiasco, right on top of Kasia Livingston's reference. The same can be applied to Strangest Love

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PlayboyMommy said:

So it was for Circus? I thought that when it leaked but people were so insistent it was from the In the Zone era. 

Guy’s answer is a bit confusing though, and a while ago someone on here spoke to him and he said Britney recorded it in 2006 for Blackout…

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Over to You Now was one of the first songs recorded for ITZ and was in fact the first song she did with Sigsworth. While I can't longer found it, I can personally vouch that I once found an article on the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet where Robyn mentioned talking on the phone with Britney about her having one of her songs around the time she recorded Everytime. Imogen Heap also talks about it here

I wasn't there when it happened but the few reports I was able to find that mentioned britfan only credited them with the Circus leaks. Do you have any source for the other leaks? If so I would really like to see it as it's a great part of this forum's history

Perhaps I should have clarified what I meant by heavily processed, while it's easy to compare it to some of the more busy ITZ tracks like Touch of My Hand, it's important to remember this is only a rough draft and as such was never mastered. This is easily proven by how tiny the original leak sounds and the fact that the demo singer's vocals are literally blended with Britney's very much akin to BJ

Even though Britney always relied on background vocalist, especially on her first two albums, it wasn't until the c-ship and the Circus album that they started doing all the heavy lifting

I always use the same example but Unusual You is a prime example of this where they pasted a melodyne'd "warm up", as Orbit put it after the Alien fiasco, right on top of Kasia Livingston's reference. The same can be applied to Strangest Love

My bad, I meant early ITZ (edited). About britfan505, since it was on Exhale, the threads were lost when Exhale's server got a reboot.

I remember it vividly since britfan505 first leaked Over To You Know and most of the Exhale users were skeptical about it, he then said he would prove them wrong with the next track and then leaked Sippin On and And Then We Kiss (I don't remember the exact order of which one came first). After that, the Circus leaks started.

I swear I don't know why Exhale members only remember the Circus tracks. If you check the old blog reports of the ITZ tracks (September 2011), they're the same time span of the Circus tracks (early October 2011).

If those 3 tracks were not leaked by britfan505, then I need to know who did that because it was basically the same time span and I remember those threads vividly as I was already lurking here.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, Isla said:

Really? 

It was part of a fake tracklist made up by former fansite WorldOfBritney, some magazines like Us Weekly even reported on it back then which I assume is why some people still think it's legit

Spoiler

I SAID
Britney Spears
BMG/Jive

1.Sacred
2.I Said
3.More Than You Know (featuring Timbaland)
4.With Another Girl
5.Cuz U're Lookin' So Good (feat. Pharrell Williams)
6.Brand Nu
7.The Way I Feel
8.Free
9.It's Funny Now
10.I Don't Want You
11.Nothing
12.You Thought Wrong
13.Funk It Up
14.Take Ya Home
15.Baby Can't You See
16.Weakness

Producers:
The Neptunes (Tracks 5, 10, 14, 15)
Timbaland (Track 3)
Rodney Jerkins (Tracks 2, 6, 13)
Fred Durst (Track 11)
William Orbit (Tracks 4, 9, 12)
Guy Chambers (Track 1)
Guy Chambers & Cathy Dennis (Track 8)
Babyface (Tracks 7)
Dan Kenney (Track 16)

Needless to say that not only was the album far from finished at this point but also it contains multiple inacurracies such as listing Pharrell, Timbaland and Orbit as producers despite her not working with them for the album and crediting You Thought Wrong and It's Funny Now which were pitches (most likely) produced by Darkchild which were never recorded to Orbit as well

IBB.CO

Image image hosted in ImgBB

It also features a fake Fred Durst song title instead of the two confirmed songs they worked on 'So Alive' and 'When It Rains'

IBB.CO

Image vlcsnap-2023-08-29-18h13m58s439 hosted in ImgBB

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block