It wasn't Guy Chambers who produced the song 'Strangest Love'

2 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

It was part of a fake tracklist made up by former fansite WorldOfBritney, some magazines like Us Weekly even reported on it back then which I assume is why some people still think it's legit

Hide contents

I SAID
Britney Spears
BMG/Jive

1.Sacred
2.I Said
3.More Than You Know (featuring Timbaland)
4.With Another Girl
5.Cuz U're Lookin' So Good (feat. Pharrell Williams)
6.Brand Nu
7.The Way I Feel
8.Free
9.It's Funny Now
10.I Don't Want You
11.Nothing
12.You Thought Wrong
13.Funk It Up
14.Take Ya Home
15.Baby Can't You See
16.Weakness

Producers:
The Neptunes (Tracks 5, 10, 14, 15)
Timbaland (Track 3)
Rodney Jerkins (Tracks 2, 6, 13)
Fred Durst (Track 11)
William Orbit (Tracks 4, 9, 12)
Guy Chambers (Track 1)
Guy Chambers & Cathy Dennis (Track 8)
Babyface (Tracks 7)
Dan Kenney (Track 16)

Needless to say that not only was the album far from finished at this point but also it contains multiple inacurracies such as listing Pharrell, Timbaland and Orbit as producers despite her not working with them for the album and crediting You Thought Wrong and It's Funny Now which were pitches (most likely) produced by Darkchild which were never recorded to Orbit as well

IBB.CO

Image image hosted in ImgBB

It also features a fake Fred Durst song title instead of the two confirmed songs they worked on 'So Alive' and 'When It Rains'

IBB.CO

Image vlcsnap-2023-08-29-18h13m58s439 hosted in ImgBB

WorldOfBritney made this up? Says it all really :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

5 hours ago, rik said:

I have a theory that Chambers leaked this himself and now is backtracking to avoid any legal repercussion, even though it’s been out for years.  

This is an interesting theory, but if Chambers would’ve leaked any song it would’ve been Sacred. He’s talked about that song a ton over the years and you can tell he’s incredibly proud of it and wants it to be heard. 

4 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

Over to You Now was one of the first songs recorded for ITZ and was in fact the first song she did with Sigsworth. While I can't longer found it, I can personally vouch that I once found an article on the swedish newspaper Aftonbladet where Robyn mentioned talking on the phone with Britney about her having one of her songs around the time she recorded Everytime. Imogen Heap also talks about it here

I wasn't there when it happened but the few reports I was able to find that mentioned britfan only credited them with the Circus leaks. Do you have any source for the other leaks? If so I would really like to see it as it's a great part of this forum's history

Perhaps I should have clarified what I meant by heavily processed, while it's easy to compare it to some of the more busy ITZ tracks like Touch of My Hand, it's important to remember this is only a rough draft and as such was never mastered. This is easily proven by how tiny the original leak sounds and the fact that the demo singer's vocals are literally blended with Britney's very much akin to BJ

Even though Britney always relied on background vocalist, especially on her first two albums, it wasn't until the c-ship and the Circus album that they started doing all the heavy lifting

I always use the same example but Unusual You is a prime example of this where they pasted a melodyne'd "warm up", as Orbit put it after the Alien fiasco, right on top of Kasia Livingston's reference. The same can be applied to Strangest Love

3 hours ago, CJMCH said:

My bad, I meant early ITZ (edited). About britfan505, since it was on Exhale, the threads were lost when Exhale's server got a reboot.

I remember it vividly since britfan505 first leaked Over To You Know and most of the Exhale users were skeptical about it, he then said he would prove them wrong with the next track and then leaked Sippin On and And Then We Kiss (I don't remember the exact order of which one came first). After that, the Circus leaks started.

I swear I don't know why Exhale members only remember the Circus tracks. If you check the old blog reports of the ITZ tracks (September 2011), they're the same time span of the Circus tracks (early October 2011).

If those 3 tracks were not leaked by britfan505, then I need to know who did that because it was basically the same time span and I remember those threads vividly as I was already lurking here.

I wasn’t there when britfan505 leaked OG Sippin’ On and And Then We Kiss, but RBW confirmed to me on a different forum that he did in fact leak those songs. I tend to believe her since she’s one of our most reliable insiders. 

Also don’t forget he also leaked Rockstar which is an ITZ outtake, which I CAN confirm he leaked since I was there when it was leaked. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

All this discourse around Strangest Love is so fascinating to me. It’s definitely one of Britney’s most mysterious unreleased songs along with Rebellion. I can see why fans think it’s either from Circus or ITZ. The production fits the ethereal, sensual vibe of ITZ but her vocals do sound like something straight off of Circus. And now Guy Chambers is denying he was a part of the song? So weird. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, PlayboyMommy said:

It was part of a fake tracklist made up by former fansite WorldOfBritney, some magazines like Us Weekly even reported on it back then which I assume is why some people still think it's legit

Reveal hidden contents

I SAID
Britney Spears
BMG/Jive

1.Sacred
2.I Said
3.More Than You Know (featuring Timbaland)
4.With Another Girl
5.Cuz U're Lookin' So Good (feat. Pharrell Williams)
6.Brand Nu
7.The Way I Feel
8.Free
9.It's Funny Now
10.I Don't Want You
11.Nothing
12.You Thought Wrong
13.Funk It Up
14.Take Ya Home
15.Baby Can't You See
16.Weakness

Producers:
The Neptunes (Tracks 5, 10, 14, 15)
Timbaland (Track 3)
Rodney Jerkins (Tracks 2, 6, 13)
Fred Durst (Track 11)
William Orbit (Tracks 4, 9, 12)
Guy Chambers (Track 1)
Guy Chambers & Cathy Dennis (Track 8)
Babyface (Tracks 7)
Dan Kenney (Track 16)

Needless to say that not only was the album far from finished at this point but also it contains multiple inacurracies such as listing Pharrell, Timbaland and Orbit as producers despite her not working with them for the album and crediting You Thought Wrong and It's Funny Now which were pitches (most likely) produced by Darkchild which were never recorded to Orbit as well

IBB.CO

Image image hosted in ImgBB

It also features a fake Fred Durst song title instead of the two confirmed songs they worked on 'So Alive' and 'When It Rains'

IBB.CO

Image vlcsnap-2023-08-29-18h13m58s439 hosted in ImgBB

I remember Sacred being listed on Britney dot com. I was on WOB forum but not until Blackout era. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

All this discourse around Strangest Love is so fascinating to me. It’s definitely one of Britney’s most mysterious unreleased songs along with Rebellion. I can see why fans think it’s either from Circus or ITZ. The production fits the ethereal, sensual vibe of ITZ but her vocals do sound like something straight off of Circus. And now Guy Chambers is denying he was a part of the song? So weird. 

I also think Welcome To Me is mysterious but that might be because the production has always given me that vibe. Then again I can never work out if that song was for In the Zone or Blackout?

1 hour ago, Isla said:

I also think Welcome To Me is mysterious but that might be because the production has always given me that vibe. Then again I can never work out if that song was for In the Zone or Blackout?

We have confirmation that Britney was working with Carole Bayer Sager for both ITZ and Blackout, so it’s anyone’s guess! But definitely it’s another mysterious song, especially with the way it leaked. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Isla said:

Welcome to Me genuinely gives me ITZ vibes and her vocals remind me so much of And Then We Kiss. I truly think that’s an ITZ session track  

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Isla said:

22 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

We have confirmation that Britney was working with Carole Bayer Sager for both ITZ and Blackout, so it’s anyone’s guess! But definitely it’s another mysterious song, especially with the way it leaked. 

13 hours ago, rik said:

Welcome to Me genuinely gives me ITZ vibes and her vocals remind me so much of And Then We Kiss. I truly think that’s an ITZ session track  

Welcome To Me was a track produced by Wade Robson and it hasn't leaked. The song that says "Welcome to Me" on its lyrics is not that song.

The song that says "Welcome to Me" on its lyrics is actually Sean Garrett's "Tonight"/"Love" for Blackout.

Edited by CJMCH
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Welcome To Me was a track produced by Wade Robson and it hasn't leaked. The song that says "Welcome to Me" on its lyrics is not that song.

The song that says "Welcome to Me" on its lyrics is actually Sean Garrett's "Tonight"/"Love" for Blackout.

Wait, it is??? I remember when the snippet leaked in 2011 everyone thought it was from Love, but then when the whole thing leaked in 2014, it appeared online as “Welcome To Me”. Not to mention the song sounds unfinished and I’m sure Carole Bayer Sager tweeted a fan years back to say the song was never finished properly. 

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Wait, it is??? I remember when the snippet leaked in 2011 everyone thought it was from Love, but then when the whole thing leaked in 2014, it appeared online as “Welcome To Me”. Not to mention the song sounds unfinished and I’m sure Carole Bayer Sager tweeted a fan years back to say the song was never finished properly. 

Is there a way you could get that tweet's capture? Was that tweeted after it leaked or before?

Everyone, including me, thought that song was Welcome to Me but then information changed when they said Wade Robson produced it and the song didn't fit his style + the word "love" repeating way more than just the phrase "Welcome to Me" on the track.

Edited by CJMCH
On 3/14/2024 at 2:22 AM, jordeezy river red said:

I remember Sacred being listed on Britney dot com. I was on WOB forum but not until Blackout era. 

how were you on wob after the blackout era when wob closed in late 2006 and stopped constant updates in mid 2005 lol

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CJMCH said:

Is there a way you could get that tweet's capture? Was that tweeted after it leaked or before?

Everyone, including me, thought that song was Welcome to Me but then information changed when they said Wade Robson produced it and the song didn't fit his style + the word "love" repeating way more than just the phrase "Welcome to Me" on the track.

The tweet was from 2012. It was mentioned on the old unreleasedbritney site which is archived so not sure if I’ll be able to find that tweet. This song really is mysterious :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

10 hours ago, CJMCH said:

10 hours ago, Isla said:

Wait, it is??? I remember when the snippet leaked in 2011 everyone thought it was from Love, but then when the whole thing leaked in 2014

It has been said to death but that Wikia fandom page can be edited by anyone just like Wikipedia unreleased songs page and it should never be referred to as a credible source of information

VOCAROO.COM

Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this as it delves into even nerdier territory☝🤓

But in case anyone needs even more proof, Wade also previously used the same Welcome to Me intro sample on a track he had made for his MTV show the previous year

(Minute 1:03)

23 hours ago, rik said:

On 3/14/2024 at 4:37 AM, BraveNewSeth said:

We have confirmation that Britney was working with Carole Bayer Sager for both ITZ and Blackout, so it’s anyone’s guess!

It's in fact an In the Zone track. I actually thought @Isla would remember since I'm pretty sure they were the one who first pointed out years ago but Carole's website was archived back in the day and one of the updates mentioned she was working with Britney and Wade on his 21st birthday which would have been in 2003

The only reason why there were reports of Carole working with her in 2007 - as well as Michelle Bell and RedOne in 2005 - was because that's when their respective publishers convalidated their songwriting credits on public databases such as the US Copyright Office and ASCAP and the fansites at the time took notice and made posts about it which resulted in outlets such as E! covering it

This can also be proven by the fact Carly Simon released another Wade and Carole song on her 2007 album which was most certainly either written or recorded around 2002/2003 as well as it sounds really outdated compared to all the other songs

Edited by PlayboyMommy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PlayboyMommy said:

It has been said to death but that Wikia fandom page can be edited by anyone just like Wikipedia unreleased songs page and it should never be referred to as a credible source of information

VOCAROO.COM

Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention this as it delves into even nerdier territory☝🤓

But in case anyone needs even more proof, Wade also previously used the same Welcome to Me intro sample on a track he had made for his MTV show the previous year

(Minute 1:03)

It's in fact an In the Zone track. I actually thought @Isla would remember since I'm pretty sure they were the one who first pointed out years ago but Carole's website was archived back in the day and one of the updates mentioned she was working with Britney and Wade on his 21st birthday which would have been in 2003

The only reason why there were reports of Carole working with her in 2007 - as well as Michelle Bell and RedOne in 2005 - was because that's when their respective publishers convalidated their songwriting credits on public databases such as the US Copyright Office and ASCAP and the fansites at the time took notice and made posts about it which resulted in outlets such as E! covering it

This can also be proven by the fact Carly Simon released another Wade and Carole song on her 2007 album which was most certainly either written or recorded around 2002/2003 as well as it sounds really outdated compared to all the other songs

Case closed. That is Welcome to Me and it's for In the Zone.

Who's singing on that vocaroo?

Thank you so much!

Edited by CJMCH
5 hours ago, peacht said:

how were you on wob after the blackout era when wob closed in late 2006 and stopped constant updates in mid 2005 lol

Ok so maybe it was preblackout. Anyways...the last thing I remember on WOB is the owner teased that he had "Who Can She Trust" and another song... then posted fake videos of it. Then changed it to an Alli Simms fansite so I left...I guess it WAS 2006 but that was pretty much Blackout era right? Prior to that time, I was really just on the official fan forum. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block