Britney: "The conservatorship was created supposedly because I was incapable of doing anything at all—feeding myself, spending my own money, being a mother... So why was it that a few weeks later, they had me shoot an episode of HIMYM?"

17 hours ago, Lola2790 said:

I thought to create a thread of some of the important things Britney said in her book about the conservatorship. We should talk about the book more :)

Yes. Short term memory seems to be rampant here among some users and it's important to remind everyone of all the important things Britney highlighted in her book. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

Bumping this! The book needs to be discussed more frequently

If things go Britney’s way, I am almost positive there will be a part 2 going more in depth with the conservatorship!  Let some justice be served and then really let everything out about those pieces of ****.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, setlimitations said:

If things go Britney’s way, I am almost positive there will be a part 2 going more in depth with the conservatorship!  Let some justice be served and then really let everything out about those pieces of ****.  

didn't she allude to part 2 on IG? She has so much more of her story to tell, I hope she does another part 

• Love 2

Chapiter 42: In the makeshift "hospital" in isolation:

Meanwhile, my security team that I'd been with for so long acted like I was a criminal.

When it was time for blood draws, the tech drawing my blood would be flanked by a nurse, a security guard, and my assistant.

Was I a cannibal? Was I a bank robber? Was I a wild animal? Why was I treated as though I were about to burn the place down and mur*er them all?

Edited by Hamelia
  • Love 5

Chapter 7: "By thirteen, I was drinking with my mom and smoking with my friends."

When I read this, I thought did Lynne have no common sense? She gave alcohol to the teen daughter of an alcoholic, but she was upset about her smoking. By thirteen, Britney was driving the car with her little sister in the back without a car seat but with the belt on. 

"I smell smoke! she said. "Have you been smoking?" She grabbed one of my hands off the wheel fast and pulled it to her to smell. As she did that, I lost control of the wheel. and the car spun off the road." 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

Chapter 7: "By thirteen, I was drinking with my mom and smoking with my friends."

When I read this, I thought did Lynne have no common sense? She gave alcohol to the teen daughter of an alcoholic, but she was upset about her smoking. By thirteen, Britney was driving the car with her little sister in the back without a car seat but with the belt on. 

"I smell smoke! she said. "Have you been smoking?" She grabbed one of my hands off the wheel fast and pulled it to her to smell. As she did that, I lost control of the wheel. and the car spun off the road." 

Very glad you pointed this out. I know some parents allow underaged drinking as long as it's under their supervision (concept doesn't make sense to me, but whatevs) but as the wife of an alcoholic, she should've known better. I wonder if Lynne making a big stink out of Britney's smoking was her way of acknowledging that Britney was kinda being rebellious, but also deflecting blame for allowing Britney to start drinking at a young age. Remember the narrative in 2007 was that Britney needed to go to rehab for drinking and substance abuse. I wonder how that all could've started...?

• Like 1

“I am willing to admit that in the throes of severe postpartum depression, abandonment by my husband, the torture of being separated from my two babies, the death of my adored aunt Sandra and the constant drumbeat of pressure from paparazzi, I’d begin to think in some ways like a child.”

I understand that Britney keeps a lot close to her chest and is private in many ways, but I wish this were one of the things she elaborated more about in her book. The impact her aunt had on her growing up is understated, and I always felt that her death was the catalyst to things falling apart. 

• Love 7

About drinking at 13. In many European countries, drinking beer or wine under parental supervision is permitted starting at age 14 at home, but nowhere does it permit you drink cocktails or other hard liquor like Britney did with her mom. And the drinking is at dinner in limited amounts.

• Like 1

Dr. Glenn Patrick Doyle on X: "Songs can reconnect us to our core self & wise mind in ways that thinking just can't... (Music) can be our secret weapon in trauma recovery." 

Britney in Chapter 45: I tried to get in touch with my creativity and to follow visual and musical artists on Instagram.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, Hamelia said:

Dr. Glenn Patrick Doyle on X: "Songs can reconnect us to our core self & wise mind in ways that thinking just can't... (Music) can be our secret weapon in trauma recovery." 

Britney in Chapter 45: I tried to get in touch with my creativity and to follow visual and musical artists on Instagram.

So much of her healing journey is mocked by a lot of people, but it's backed by professionals (dancing and movement for depression and music to find and ground one's self). More people should follow her lead!!

• Love 3
  • Like 1

My freedom in exchange for naps with my children—it was a trade I was willing to make. There is nothing I love more—nothing more important to me on this earth—than my children. I’d lay down my life for them. So, I thought, why not my freedom?

It's called love.

:tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

Edited by Fita
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

didn't she allude to part 2 on IG? She has so much more of her story to tell, I hope she does another part 

I don't know, I think she might have been not so serious when she said that. We'll wait and see.

• Like 1

so painful to read. she was going through much more than we thought.

I hoped she would have elaborated on some things a bit more but also understand there are legal blockers/she would touch upon some people she might not be able to talk about in depth.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Jamie and I need to exchange a few words. Terrible terrible man. Professed himself as Britney Spears, so is he identifying as a woman. Yes, he is scum, trash, the dirty tracks on the road from poop 

13 hours ago, Gutterguppy said:

“I am willing to admit that in the throes of severe postpartum depression, abandonment by my husband, the torture of being separated from my two babies, the death of my adored aunt Sandra and the constant drumbeat of pressure from paparazzi, I’d begin to think in some ways like a child.”

I understand that Britney keeps a lot close to her chest and is private in many ways, but I wish this were one of the things she elaborated more about in her book. The impact her aunt had on her growing up is understated, and I always felt that her death was the catalyst to things falling apart. 

The culmination of all 3 is definitely what sent her into a “spiral” so to speak.  There are a good amount of women who go out and party it up when they get divorced.  Kinda lose their minds for a bit (meaning that in a respectful way).  Depression is inevitable.  The difference there is that most women keep their children.  Britney was deprived of her children, and that only got worse once in the con in which her own family (Lynn keeping in constant contact with Kevin and even seen with him without Britney there) conspired against her and threatened her with her own freakin kids to manipulate her into doing what needed to be done for them to get a damn check.  “Work horse” was literally what it was to them (DISGUSTING)!  Then throw in the loss of an actual relative who you loved and adored for them being kind to you always, even when your own parents treated you like garbage and a “work horse”.   Throw in the paparazzi hounding you every second you walk out of your home.  Not able to even go out in your own back yard and cry to let things out.  No one would be able to maintain their sanity, absolutely NO ONE!  

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block