🚨Pop Emergency: Christina Aguilera has left RCA Records after 26 years and has new Sony Music label

I never understood why she always seemed to have a lot of creative control over her music, while other RCA artists had like zero. I mean yeah different contracts…but still she barely had any problems with them it seems.

Edited by cocodeluxe
8 hours ago, warioaddams said:

Let's see how it goes, she looks incredible right now, it would be a waist not use it in an era. 

She's starting an English era after Pa mis muchachas, she needs to bring back 00's pop music if she wants to suceeed.

We need a Stripped 2.0 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LeglessJamie said:

Easy answer: money.

Labels give artists millions of money even before they have recorded a single song.

Recording a single song usually starts 'as low as' costing you 5.000 dollars. The more popular the producer, the more songwriters, etc ... the higher the cost of making 1 song. It doesn't stop there, photoshoots, promo performances (which are paid for), ...

Yes, these artists are filthy rich but would you spend hundreds of thousand dollars if you could get paid for it to do it? Almost nobody would.

It's easy money and we all love money.  We are all greedy and the richer you are, the more greedy you are as well.

And it’s really a catch 22 as well. The record label has completely designed for them to always win! The record label treats you as an investment, your album has to sell high enough to pay back the record label first your investment + plus money spent on promo, touring and recording the album…they must pay all the back first and then the artist gets whatever left over. 

so many artist albums flop and the record label doesn’t wanna waste money on another album, and by this point the artist has already spent all of their advance so they can’t afford to record themselves and now the record label owns their voice so they Legally can’t even record a song on a voice memo  and release it, unless it’s like a cover. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, BadBunny said:

What’s wrong with Interscope? It’s a fantastic label.

My problem with Interscope is how they’ve handled Lady GaGa’s album cycles. They started getting messy when she released ArtPop and have remained messy since. They’ve gotten just as bad as RCA. Selena Gomez is on the same label and they’re starting to get messy with her too starting with Rare.

Idk they remind me a lot of RCA when it comes to singer’s album cycles.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

There are artists themselves with weird music and most of them love satan and other shiit 

14 hours ago, Wendy Williams said:

The biggest example is Madonna. Since she joined their label after 2008, she literally changed and did the biggest satanic rituals under their label on the stage.

Also, how many artists are like weirdos with no mind.

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

11 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

She really worked hard and basically never stops...

Not a fan, but she definitely knows how to sell herself well.

Same with Taylor. They always release new stuff, made their private life interesting and the professional life is always well managed.

Total control of their careers and public image. 

If they both had a soul, I won't say. But they are like machines that only generate music. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, The Femme Fatale said:

My problem with Interscope is how they’ve handled Lady GaGa’s album cycles. They started getting messy when she released ArtPop and have remained messy since. They’ve gotten just as bad as RCA. Selena Gomez is on the same label and they’re starting to get messy with her too starting with Rare.

Idk they remind me a lot of RCA when it comes to singer’s album cycles.

They're still miles ahead of RCA imo, but I see what you mean. I can't help but feel it's down to both Gaga and Selena and the fact they both probs didn't want to do that much promo during the pandemic (and Selena also has mental health issues).

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Wendy Williams said:

If they both had a soul, I won't say. But they are like machines that only generate music. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Well... certainly they are doing a lot things right.

If we judge, everybody sells their souls when they sign with labels. They’re products needing to sell.

Britney still is part of the machine (even tho she says shes out). I'm not sure if she even realize it. 

11 hours ago, Isla said:

They're still miles ahead of RCA imo, but I see what you mean. I can't help but feel it's down to both Gaga and Selena and the fact they both probs didn't want to do that much promo during the pandemic (and Selena also has mental health issues).

True, there’s no worse label in the world than RCA, I’ll never say that there is. Also yeah probably the pandemic hindered things, but a lot of artists found success during it like The Weeknd, Doja Cat, and Dua Lipa. Selena and Lady GaGa are well known, they would’ve found ways to promote during the pandemic, there’s always a way. That’s also true that Selena has health issues, but her health issues usually hindered her touring for albums instead of releasing and making music videos for singles. Like Rare dropped dead after she started promoting her successful beauty care line of the same name.

I’m just saying, their albums could’ve used more single releases and promo from not only them, but their labels too. RCA is more notorious for it though, that’s a fact, but Interscope isn’t too far behind.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 3/6/2024 at 10:47 PM, monkeystar88 said:

I don’t understand  why artists even feel they need labels with the rise of social media especially ones already with a platform that said it don’t matter what labels she’s at because no one’s buying her music 

In a way, I agree. At rhe same time, online success is not as organic as some people may think. Algorithms are increasingly designed to be gamed and you do not play with rhem without a lot of $$$, which labels have. There are bot farms pushing for streaming numbers, trending topics, etx. That comes with a price.

19 hours ago, cocodeluxe said:

I never understood why she always seemed to have a lot of creative control over her music, while other RCA artists had like zero. I mean yeah different contracts…but still she barely had any problems with them it seems.

firstly, your avi is great and iconic.

RCA kind of lets their albums flop or underperform at least....with the exception of JT's 20/20 era anything else seems to have done from okay to bad in terms of sales. 

Also, I am not so sure about the creative control thing. For example, I don't think Christina wanted Not Myself tonight as the first single when the album had much better tracks co-created by Christina herself. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, The Femme Fatale said:

True, there’s no worse label in the world than RCA, I’ll never say that there is. Also yeah probably the pandemic hindered things, but a lot of artists found success during it like The Weeknd, Doja Cat, and Dua Lipa. Selena and Lady GaGa are well known, they would’ve found ways to promote during the pandemic, there’s always a way. That’s also true that Selena has health issues, but her health issues usually hindered her touring for albums instead of releasing and making music videos for singles. Like Rare dropped dead after she started promoting her successful beauty care line of the same name.

I’m just saying, their albums could’ve used more single releases and promo from not only them, but their labels too. RCA is more notorious for it though, that’s a fact, but Interscope isn’t too far behind.

Well I do agree the Chromatica/Rare album campaigns could have had so much more to them. It just seems to me a lot of artists weren’t really willing to do full album campaigns once the pandemic hit. Thankful Dua gave us a proper era though. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Well I do agree the Chromatica/Rare album campaigns could have had so much more to them. It just seems to me a lot of artists weren’t really willing to do full album campaigns once the pandemic hit. Thankful Dua gave us a proper era though. 

Also Selena confirmed multiple times that she is tired of making/promoting music and this already started before Rare. I can‘t speek for Gaga but it seems that some of them (including Rihanna) are so done with the music business as a whole. Everything feels so burned out since the pandemic.

Edited by cocodeluxe
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block