Taylor Swift Announces Fourth ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ Variant: ‘The Black Dog’

Taylor Swift has one last variant of her upcoming album The Tortured Poets Department to announce!

On Sunday (March 3) at her second Eras Tourstop in Singapore, the superstar singer-songwriter revealed the fourth and final variant of her upcoming album, called “The Black Dog.”

During the Surprise Songs portion of the show, she revealed the cover art for the fourth edition of her upcoming album, which is due out April 19.

“The Black Dog” follows “The Manuscript,” “The Bolter,” and “The Albatross” as variant-exclusive bonus tracks for The Tortured Poets Department.

"The Black Dog" will feature unique packaging and photos in addition to the bonus track, and it’s only available for a limited time.

Spoiler

Eyeroll Ugh GIF

• Love 1
  • Haha 6
  • Like 1

Why would any artist release an album like this? If I was an artist I'd like my fans to experience the album in its full than releasing different variants with different tracks. Just release a regular album and a deluxe and if you want you can release a variant in the future that includes all tracks plus some new songs.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Body ache said:

Why would any artist release an album like this? If I was an artist I'd like my fans to experience the album in its full than releasing different variants with different tracks. Just release a regular album and a deluxe and if you want you can release a variant in the future that includes all tracks plus some new songs.

Because she doesn't care about that, it's a cash grab. Why make your fans buy one album when you know they'll buy 4 if you make them?

Edited by Az4Angela
  • Like 1

I can’t remember the thread but it was posted that Taylor is gonna be overtaking one of Britney’s records in album sales I don’t really remember, but I have to say Taylor had to break records by selling the same album in multiple versions with bonuses attached while Britney only sold one album and one version of said album.

I just find it a bit overwhelming having multiple versions of the same album and trying to figure out the differences between them all are. Just go back to the old school days and just sell one version and keep it at that. Maybe re-release it later on with bonus songs, like Rihanna did with Good Girl Gone Bad, or Katy Perry with Teenage Dream, but that’s it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block